• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Wedding

lg515

What kind of wedding do you have when a new wife enters the family? Something with other family members and friends? Or something personal shared only with husband, wives, and children?

it varies greatly, my opinion is that a more formal celebration can make it seem more real for the new wife.
these relationships get hit pretty hard and anything that helps provide stability is a plus.

Hi There Lg515,

I agree with Steve, of course, since that is what he did for me coming into his family as a second wife. We had a beautiful "Covenant Commitment Ceremony," (non-legalized wedding) including the dress, flowers, cake, music, and facilitator for our vows (Thanks Todd!!! :D ). We did the whole works with some family and lots of BiblicalFamilies friends. He also started our eight-month betrothal period with a beautiful engagement/wedding ring, which, by the way, was placed on my finger by my sisterwife because our dear husband is a truck driver and was not home at the time! :lol:

I did not expect any of those things because I had been married before, but in the secret place of my heart' s desires, I really wanted a ring and a "wedding." I am eternally grateful to my husband for loving and honoring me the way he did by sharing our CCC publically. My sisterwife was also an intrical part of the ceremony. It was important to both of us that she be honored as well.

Our CCC brought a lot of healing to me from the past and gave me a precious gift and memory to I hold onto through this sometimes difficult poly world we find ourselves in. (Thank you, Steven, for all you did and do for me. I love you with all my heart!)

What we did was what he felt to do from the Lord. We all need to find out from Him what His will is for each situation. My suggestion is to pray that the Lord shows you what His will is and talk to your family about it to work out the details and enjoy yourselves!

In Him,
Deborah

I think you should do whatever the couple getting married believes is appropriate. Second and subsequent wives sometimes struggle with not being the "real" wife. They are acknowledged within the four walls of their home, but not by the wider society. For them having a significant ceremony can make it feel more real.

I have seen first wives roll their eyes and I have seen first wives plan everything the way think it should be, so at this point I quite strongly feel that the couple getting married should set the tone, and everyone else - first wife included - should follow their lead with as little commentary and as much support as possible.

Well said eternitee.

In regards to the acknowledgement from greater society, those that don't recognize the marriage don't respect the family. Other peoples heads is a bad place to keep our happiness. Adding to the options of a small private ceremony or a large gathering for the wedding might I suggest a skydiving ceremony or a trip to India?

I was glad we had the large wedding, and as the first wife in the aforementioned CCC, what was dear to me was how people pitched in to make it happen. Previously, back at the ranch in Alabama we managed to pull off a surprise bridal shower for Deborah that was given by people who don't "get" PM, but love us and support us in our choice.

Steve's son and his wife came to the wedding, worked like crazy to set everything up, and he even served as the best man. This meant a great deal to me personally, as the rest of our families could not exactly be described as supportive. It was a memorable day, indeed.

Back