• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Well at least he got the point.....and they won

Yiska

Real Person
Female
So this past week @Kevin was at church camp 5 hours away. On Thursday morning I ask him to call me after they eat lunch about 2:30 I start to be like ummm okay what's going on something is wrong....well at about 3:30 I get a call from the camp nurse saying she was on her way to the ER with Kevin. She said he has either broken his collarbone or dislocated his shoulder. He calls me later to tell me that he had a torn muscle under his collarbone and that his shoulder had been dislocated but he got it back in place before seeing the nurse. Now to the story of what actually happened the camp does this thing called Nation Games the campers are devided into three groups and given a nation they are to pray for this time they were South Africa (Kevin and our boys team), Indonesia (our daughters team(and teenager that becomes relevant later)), and North Korea. They played a few games for points and whoever had the most at the end of the week won the "World Jug" a 5 gal water jug painted gold. On Thursday their team was in last place in points and Aidan our 4 year old said "Dad if we dont win Nation games then I cant ever be happy again!!!" So awesome dad that he is he did his best to win. The first game was "Bacon in the middle" (yes guys the football game) when his number was called he made it to the ball first bent down to pick it up and the teenager from our church (mentioned above) collided shoulder to shoulder and then teenager from the other team dog piled onto them.....I have seen the video and let me just say it was a sight to see...picture people dog pileing on the incredible hulk lol he gets out starts heading for his team get dog piled again...again incredible hulk and some kind of donkey kick. He wins the point and that game. He continues to play in the games the next one is zombie tag Aidan wins that one because he went full hobbit mode. Then came capture the flag Charles steals the flag and gets it back to base for the win. They are now from last place to tied for first and Kevin goes to the nurse. On Friday they are telling everyone who won and awarding the trophy and they say well we have a tie right now but we have one more award to give out The Best Dad Ever award and it goes to Kevin it is worth 1 point so everyone South Africa wins!!!! They brought home the trophy that now says "word ug" . When he gets home I find out his knee had been dislocated it is partly in place now. The teenager from above has a pulled Ligament in hi shoulder. So can we please Pray for them for health and healing opilr6?0

Heal well brother

@Kevin that hurt shoulder must have really slowed down the typing... Haven't seen much out of you lately...
I was gone at camp for a week, and it's hard to hold the tablet and type lol. There's also the spiritual warfare that seems to follow camp or retreats. Sometimes it's us that gets attacked but this time it seems like the advasary used me being gone to launch an all out attack on the folks in my small groups and since 2/3 of our church's leadership was at camp including our Rabbi with no cell service he went full throttle at the congregation. So I've been busy stomping out fires. Then I have some non open forum personal issues I'm trying to sort out. Nothing to do with my wife and I, we are all good. Every things starting to get back to normal and I should be back in the mix like before again soon. Thanks for the concern.

Last edited:
I was gone at camp for a week, and it's hard to hold the tablet and type lol. There's also the spiritual warfare that seems to follow camp or retreats. Sometimes it's us that gets attacked but this time it seems like the advasary used me being gone to launch an all out attack on the folks in my small groups and since 2/3 of our churches leadership was at camp including our Rabbi with no cell service he went full throttle at the congregation. So I've been busy stomping out fires. Then I have some non open forum personal issues I'm trying to sort out. Nothing to do with Jessica and I, we are all good. Ever things starting to get back to normal and I should back in the mix like before again. Thanks for the concern.

Will keep you in prayers, bro!

Sure hope you're healing well Kevin! Thanks Jessica for the play-by-play. You did a good job helping us visualize the milee. Can't imagine the pain though--that would have been just over the top! Hope to see you guys in TN.

Back