• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Colorado

Seeking_Truth

Hello to everyone! I am very pleased to see an active forum connecting so many people!

We aren't polygamists but I personally study and love the subject of religion and never realized polygamy may be a part of biblical doctrine. Are there any churches or study groups in West Colorado or nearby which studies the doctrine? I would love to make some contacts in Colorado and interact with those studying or working on legalizing polygamy.

Thanks!

we've got folks all over, but because of the sensitive nature of the issue with so many church leaders, there are VERY FEW churches that openly advocate plural marriage.

BF serves as a 'virtual church' for a number of people.

Welcome to the forums, and feel free to look around!

Blessings

Doc

PS COME TO A RETREAT!!

I would love to make some contacts in Colorado and interact with those studying or working on legalizing polygamy.

Polygyny as a civil rights issue is rooted under the larger umbrella of the philosophical and theological concept of personal Liberty. You'll find people who support the right here even if they might not always agree with the practice personally per se.

Thus, to find civil support you will want to examine these various links found here below:
http://www.lp.org/liberty-links

Of particular interest to you would be the link to the Independent Institute. There link to ideas on issues is very helpful when thinking from a philosophical perspective centered on the ideas set forth from our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. Reconstructionist ideologies however would not be too happy with these links and ideas. However, many other forms of Evangelical versions of theology would find much to agree with here in regard to civil sphere ideology.
http://www.independent.org/

And of course, you'll find support for the ideas here in this family.

Welcome to BF seeking_truth !!! Glad to have you aboard. There are some great people on here so you shouldn't have problems making friends. Looking forward to hearing more from you. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY !!

Welcome seeking_truth!

May God bless your journey to the truth!

I pray you find the God ordained truth about Plural marriage!

Yes, Seeking, there are others in Colorado. We are on the Front Range, and frequently the San Luis Valley area, and teach at a small fellowship in Longmont, and another which is a 'virtual fellowship' with leadership distributed from Colorado to Costa Rica.

Both are, of course, similar in outlook, which is "first-century followers of Messiah", or "Torah-Observant Believers". The focus of our teachings are by no means "polygyny-oriented", since that is only a necessary but not sufficient understanding which follows directly from the clear teachings of Scripture, and the realization that He said repeatedly that not "one yod or tiddle" (or "even the smallest part") of what is Written will pass away so long as heaven and earth still exist. Because we love Him, and seek to follow our Father as He showed us, we study what He Wrote. ALL of it.

We're live on Shabbat/Saturday from 8 AM MT throughout the day, with on-line teachings all morning, followed by other music and other programs the rest of the day. Shabbat Shalom Longmont (my local felllowship) services are relayed live via paltalk on the same room at 6:30 PM on Erev Shabbat (Friday evening). You'd of course be welcome to join us if you're ever in Longmont, or via paltalk any time. Do a search for "TalkingTorah" to find the room, or feel free to send me an email or PM if you like more information or have other questions.

Blessings,
Mark

Back