• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What acts are allowed in Polygyny?

George

Male
From a Christian point of view, can a husband lay with 2 or more of his wives at the same time?

From my understanding it is a sin for a woman to go against that of nature and the same with men (Romans 1:26-27)

but all of these acts as I see take place outside of marriage, women can't have intercourse with each other as they don't have the anatomy for it, and men with men is an abomination unto the lord and neither can any of these have recognized marriages under God as that is only for a man with a woman.

So when it falls under marriage it would appear 1 man and his multiple wives would appear fine?

From a Christian point of view, can a husband lay with 2 or more of his wives at the same time?

From my understanding it is a sin for a woman to go against that of nature and the same with men (Romans 1:26-27)

but all of these acts as I see take place outside of marriage, women can't have intercourse with each other as they don't have the anatomy for it, and men with men is an abomination unto the lord and neither can any of these have recognized marriages under God as that is only for a man with a woman.

So when it falls under marriage it would appear 1 man and his multiple wives would appear fine?
Yup.

Hey @George, welcome. This subject is talked a lot about on here. Look around you may find more of what your looking for.
Again, welcome.

It’s not a sin.

The place we are moving to, is a duplex. My wife found the place, and I emphatically said "YES". Oh BTW, she is still dead set against poly.

The place we are moving to, is a duplex. My wife found the place, and I emphatically said "YES". Oh BTW, she is still dead set against poly.
Side by side duplexes.
Ummm, I doubt that she will accept parallel monogamy. Js

I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with this particular thread.

Reactions: Cap
George, Welcome to The Forum.

I just thought it would be interesting to bring that up, since not all plural wives wish to share living space with one another. I had had this thought before she found the place, that having a duplex would be ideal for PM. Where she works, there are a bunch of duplexes that I drive by all the time, so when she actually found one that she wanted to rent, I kind of saw it as perhaps a sign from God that this just might play out.

I just thought it would be interesting to bring that up, since not all plural wives wish to share living space with one another. I had had this thought before she found the place, that having a duplex would be ideal for PM. Where she works, there are a bunch of duplexes that I drive by all the time, so when she actually found one that she wanted to rent, I kind of saw it as perhaps a sign from God that this just might play out.

There is also a large discussion on living arrangements, duplex, fourplexes, old hotels, old churches, building plans, can't remember where though .

Sharing a home is one thing with a sister wife, but I will not share my marital bed with another woman. Even in polygamy, the marriages are separate marriages and sexual relationships.

Sharing a home is one thing with a sister wife, but I will not share my marital bed with another woman. Even in polygamy, the marriages are separate marriages and sexual relationships.

Its a good idea for the man not to force it... but ultimately it’s his decision not hers.

That kinda sounds like it would fall under the vexing clause of Leviticus 18:18

Im assuming they are already married so the taking already happened. Also that command is specific to sisters...

Like I said it is probably unwise for the man to force it but ultimately it is up to him not the women...

Im assuming they are already married so the taking already happened. Also that command is specific to sisters...

Like I said it is probably unwise for the man to force it but ultimately it is up to him not the women...
So how far is this supposed to go? If a husband wants his two wives to umm have at each other? Are they supposed to participate in lesbianism?

So how far is this supposed to go? If a husband wants his two wives to umm have at each other? Are they supposed to participate in lesbianism?
The question posed was whether threesomes were permissible. The answer has several parts:
  1. They are not forbidden in scripture, so are not sin (as @Asforme&myhouse said).
  2. The husband decides what is permissible in his home. If he forbids it, it's not happening. If he allows it, it may (as @Pacman pointed out).
  3. This sort of behaviour is not something this ministry promotes in any way. People are simply describing whether it is permissible, not whether it is a good idea.
Your question jumps way beyond this into the most insane hypothetical extreme. Nobody would advocate forcing anything like this. A husband is commanded to love his wife, and that is pretty much the exact opposite of love. It's also a recipe for marital disaster. Everybody else is just discussing what might occur within the loving relationships between a man and his wives.

This is a common question from people wondering about polygamy, because we are in a hypersexualised society and so wonder about sexuality. It's common to discuss where the extreme boundaries might lie. But real life with real people tends to be rather more mundane and not go anywhere near those extreme boundaries. This is the sort of question you'll look back on and laugh about even asking. :)

Back