• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What acts are allowed in Polygyny?

I believe it is better to seek the boundaries on these matters, rather than to shrug ones' shoulders and make assumptions, I believe assuming stuff gets you in more trouble than asking questions that make people feel a little uncomfortable lol. It appears to be a subject that easily invites psychological projections.

Once again, I appreciate all the replies. thank you for your welcomes as well!

Side by side duplexes.
Ummm, I doubt that she will accept parallel monogamy. Js
The only reason I brought up the fact that she is against polygamy, is that she was the one who found the place. Of course I have to wait for her to accept polygamy before I can go anywhere with that, but it seems like a possibly ideal situation, if and when she does come on board.

From a Christian point of view, can a husband lay with 2 or more of his wives at the same time?

From my understanding it is a sin for a woman to go against that of nature and the same with men (Romans 1:26-27)

but all of these acts as I see take place outside of marriage, women can't have intercourse with each other as they don't have the anatomy for it, and men with men is an abomination unto the lord and neither can any of these have recognized marriages under God as that is only for a man with a woman.

So when it falls under marriage it would appear 1 man and his multiple wives would appear fine?
Howdy George. I'm not sure I saw an introduction. Pardon me if I missed it. Welcome.:)

Your question does come up from time to time. It's an interesting parlor question in that a man actually needs to have more than one wife to make even the proposition a reality. The honest truth is that biblical plural marriage is easier to imagine than actually accomplish. It doesn't just happen once you awaken to the realization of it. That's why many of us here try to promote spiritual and personal "fitness" first. We like men to concentrate on being the man God wants them to be, plural marriage or not. Talking about the plural marriage bed and it's possibilities puts the cart way before the horse.

That being said, I agree that there is no specified sin denoted in scripture. But, it doesn't necessarily make it expedient, profitable or edifying just because it's not outlawed. It's a case by case basis.

Shalom!

I’m my experience, the hypothetical phase is the most challenging, while everyone gets their minds around it, and a lot of futile time spent looking for clues that she was coming around. She is likely just looking for a place to live, not signaling a new opening to polygamy amd would be surprised/annoyed that it was interpreted otherwise. A lot of what I thought were opening doors weren’t.

Perhaps others have a different experience, but for me, nothing moved forward until I made a decision to take it from theoretical to real and began seeing someone. Then it came together quickly since it wasn’t an open ended issue but one with real consequences and personalities.

I’m my experience, the hypothetical phase is the most challenging, while everyone gets their minds around it, and a lot of futile time spent looking for clues that she was coming around. She is likely just looking for a place to live, not signaling a new opening to polygamy amd would be surprised/annoyed that it was interpreted otherwise. A lot of what I thought were opening doors weren’t.

Perhaps others have a different experience, but for me, nothing moved forward until I made a decision to take it from theoretical to real and began seeing someone. Then it came together quickly since it wasn’t an open ended issue but one with real consequences and personalities.
That sounds like an interesting story, I would love to read about it in the introductions.

That sounds like an interesting story, I would love to read about it in the introductions.
Yeah, what Steve said!

Back