• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What are some polygyny positive ministries/causes to donate to?

Patrick Lauser

Male
Hello all!

I've always given to organisations and ministries that I disagree with as I felt it was unavoidable, but of course I should at least make the effort to find something more close to my heart.
"Can two walk together except they be agreed?" - Amos 3

So I would appreciate any godly anythings to which money can be donated. Thank you all!

That is a serious question. With most pastors and teachers dangerously antinomian, we would not want to support many in recognized denominations. I have no idea if Ted Weiland is suportive of polygyny. His primary focus is on teaching and reaching others with the good news.
I believe he is a serious student that doesn't shy away from speaking the truth. I recommend his materials and would certainly be comfortable supporting his ministry.

Ben Williams is another that writes thought provoking content and has a blog ACMoutpost where he shares articles the mainstream media will not. We have enjoyed his articles for many years.

Our son likes Eric Conn and his hard men podcast. Also Doug Wilson and others who are speaking and living their faith.

Can't think of one. But when thinking of good ministries, I should point out that it was Ken Ham who taught me polygamy was acceptable to God. Because as a child I learnt from him to to look at the world through Biblical glasses, rather than look at the Bible through worldly ones. I took that to heart, read the Bible as he suggested without preconditions, just believing what it said, and the fact polygamy was acceptable to God was just obvious.

Unfortunately Ken Ham himself is firmly anti-polygamy, and would be horrified to hear that his teaching led me that way! :)

But other than that Answers In Genesis is a good ministry and worth supporting, that's basically the only issue they are hypocritical on, they're sound on everything else.

Unfortunately Ken Ham himself is firmly anti-polygamy, and would be horrified to hear that his teaching led me that way! :)

Creation.com is also very good for their work in defending the truth of Creation but they also are anti polygyny.
What is crazy is that people would rather believe people who distort the scripture to condemn something they have never tried....or even seriously investigated.

My dad liked a saying

Accept nothing that is unreasonable.
Reject nothing as unreasonable without proper examination.

To have a monogamist condemn polygyny is like a forever vegan condemning meat, because neither have actually experienced what they claim to be against and imagine a world that would be better without that thing they see as evil.
I greatly prefer to live in the present reality then in their fantasy!

My hubby is very happy....and this new reality feels normal to us.

Let them argue about things thst to them remain hypothetical.

Another fun saying

A man with knowledge is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion.

Just as an update, I still haven't found a place to send money - it doesn't need to be a charity or ministry, but just some church or group of people who teach the truth and could use the money wisely.

I thought I had heard of a church that taught the truth, but then the pastor tried to get me to marry someone else's wife - because her first marriage didn't "count" according to him, because her husband hadn't paid a bride-price back when they had gotten married. So that was discouraging.

But yes, any size or sort counts, so long as they're teaching the truth. I really would like to find someplace.

…. the pastor tried to get me to marry someone else's wife - because her first marriage didn't "count" according to him, because her husband hadn't paid a bride-price back when they had gotten married.
That’s the first time that I’ve heard of a repossessed wife.

But it’s sad, a pastor gets some truth and then gets off in other ways.

Hello all!

I've always given to organisations and ministries that I disagree with as I felt it was unavoidable, but of course I should at least make the effort to find something more close to my heart.

So I would appreciate any godly anythings to which money can be donated. Thank you all!
Straitway Truth ministry. They teach truth. Polygyny, Torah, and all. And the money donated to the ministry is used for building homes for the faithful families in the ministry.

If you check out the most recent videos on pastor Dowell's channel, they're out there building now.

Shalom brother

Thanks for the suggestion! I've watched some of Dowell's videos before, and he teaches truths, but so do the Baptist ministries I would be supporting if I wasn't looking elsewhere. Dowell teaches a similar amount of unscriptural things as the Baptists, just of a different kind.

As an update, I'll be giving money to Biblical Families - I'm still looking for more things to support though. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I've watched some of Dowell's videos before, and he teaches truths, but so do the Baptist ministries I would be supporting if I wasn't looking elsewhere. Dowell teaches a similar amount of unscriptural things as the Baptists, just of a different kind.

As an update, I'll be giving money to Biblical Families - I'm still looking for more things to support though.
What are the unscriptural things pastor Dowell teaches?

What are the unscriptural things pastor Dowell teaches?
“Unscriptural” probably needs to be defined. There could be a wide variation in how two people define that.

Baptism by sprinkling isn’t anti-scriptural nor is it laid out in scripture. It could be described as unscriptural but not anti-scriptural.

The truth is that the word “unscriptural’ isn’t useful for communicating very much.

“Unscriptural” probably needs to be defined. There could be a wide variation in how two people define that.

Baptism by sprinkling isn’t anti-scriptural nor is it laid out in scripture. It could be described as unscriptural but not anti-scriptural.

The truth is that the word “unscriptural’ isn’t useful for communicating very much.
True enough. My assumption would be "unscriptural" is used to say that a teaching/preaching is not in line with scripture. Either not based in scripture, or against scripture in some way. But that's why I always ask, to engage at whatever particular doctrine it is being claimed as unscriptural.

I've worked in charity work for many years and the last 10 years I have been helping The Biblical Polygyny Message.
Here is a free way to help my cause here: https://www.goodshop.com/nonprofit/church-of-theater-arts its called "The Adoption House of Hashem"
Because we Adopt Children without families and give them Hope!

My Group used to be called Church of Theater Arts at First and I changed it.

Attachments

• white-ceramic-mug-with-color-inside-black-11oz-right-63e5d42999a8b.jpg
    white-ceramic-mug-with-color-inside-black-11oz-right-63e5d42999a8b.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 971731c604e30c8fa4a86e5e70bd98fe.png
    971731c604e30c8fa4a86e5e70bd98fe.png
    454.8 KB · Views: 6
  • matte-black-magic-mug-black-handle-on-left-6031c53b4d3a0.jpg
    matte-black-magic-mug-black-handle-on-left-6031c53b4d3a0.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 5
  • matte-black-magic-mug-black-handle-on-right-6031c53b4d1a2.jpg
    matte-black-magic-mug-black-handle-on-right-6031c53b4d1a2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 4
  • matte-black-magic-mug-black-middle-6031c53b4d3e7.jpg
    matte-black-magic-mug-black-middle-6031c53b4d3e7.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20200827-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200827-WA0005.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20200919-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200919-WA0007.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20200827-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200827-WA0002.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20200827-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200827-WA0007.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20200919-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200919-WA0005.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello all!

YAHites ministries

Can't think of one. But when thinking of good ministries, I should point out that it was Ken Ham who taught me polygamy was acceptable to God. Because as a child I learnt from him to to look at the world through Biblical glasses, rather than look at the Bible through worldly ones. I took that to heart, read the Bible as he suggested without preconditions, just believing what it said, and the fact polygamy was acceptable to God was just obvious.

But other than that Answers In Genesis is a good ministry and worth supporting, that's basically the only issue they are hypocritical on, they're sound on everything else.
I like that ministry as well. I almost fell over when you started talking about Ken Ham. I was thinking, "Ken Ham believes in polygyny!" lol
Then you brought me back to earth.

Have you considered supporting AWANA? Perhaps you could find a missionary to support or an individual who is in need.

Have you considered supporting AWANA? Perhaps you could find a missionary to support or an individual who is in need.
Especially with missionaries I would dislike supporting teachers who taught unbiblical things. Indeed, in Western countries where people don't marry multiple wives or even really think about the issue, false doctrine relating to it does less (though no less serious) damage than in countries where missionaries are shaming the name of Christ by condemning people's lifestyle of multiple wife families, which is more Christian than the lifestyle of the missionary. Worst of all is when the missionary claims it is adultery, and demands that men divorce all their wives except one, which is the actual adultery according to Christ. The thought that imperial Roman pagan tradition is being spread, destroying families, in the name of Christ, is something that breaks my heart more than words can express.
"For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ" Php 3

Be the ministry that you want supported, and contribute to ministries that assist your vision. Hopefully BibFam would be one of them.

Let’s leave behind the universal church idea of experts supported by peons.

Back