• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What are some polygyny positive ministries/causes to donate to?

Especially with missionaries I would dislike supporting teachers who taught unbiblical things. Indeed, in Western countries where people don't marry multiple wives or even really think about the issue, false doctrine relating to it does less (though no less serious) damage than in countries where missionaries are shaming the name of Christ by condemning people's lifestyle of multiple wife families, which is more Christian than the lifestyle of the missionary. Worst of all is when the missionary claims it is adultery, and demands that men divorce all their wives except one, which is the actual adultery according to Christ. The thought that imperial Roman pagan tradition is being spread, destroying families, in the name of Christ, is something that breaks my heart more than words can express.
"For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ" Php 3
Yes it breaks my heart too. Many cases these divorced wives turn to prostitution to survive. It reminds me of this verse from Jesus:

Matthew 23:15

How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You sail the seas and cross whole countries to win one convert; and when you succeed, you make him twice as deserving of going to hell as you yourselves are!

Also a lot of mental problems in young children has been caused by divorce. Some even suicide. I watched a movie called “the Son” on Netflix, and it broke my heart. And I thought to myself - if the husband knew he could had married the 2nd wife “and” kept his first wife he would had likely done it. But because of the deceptions from the churches, government, and mainstream media the man doesn’t consider it. If you find any other place to donate please let me know.

Our son recently asked a teacher with a ministry about polygyny. He responded in less then ten minutes to say our son was right. He just chose not to delve into those details.
For many, the greater good is teaching the larger message of salvation. Polygyny is not relevant to the majority.

I think it has a greater impact then most of these folks realize....but the truth is out there for those that want to know. After all the reality shows and HBO sitcom stuff, more people talk and think about it.

Back