• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What defines a successful marriage for you?

Success is when it’s so good that you wish you could preserve it in a bottle it and give it to others
It has highs and lows but on the balance of time the flavour constantly gets better

Success is when it’s so good that you wish you could preserve it in a bottle it and give it to others
It has highs and lows but on the balance of time the flavour constantly gets better
I'm in a mono marriage and I get very lonely, poly would definitely be hard and down right scary but I don't think I would be so morbidly lonely either. And, If I knew from the get-go that it was poly it would be probably much better for me and that spells success.

Last edited:
Paul’s ministry was extremely successful, but nobody is signing up for a bottle of that stuff.

The enemy of our souls both hates and fears polygyny done right, at some point the proof of success will be how much of a target he has made of you.

Paul’s ministry was extremely successful, but nobody is signing up for a bottle of that stuff.
Not many are willing to remake it but there is a following willing to consume the result of it
Unfortunately what is successful in the eyes of god is often not wanted by those in the world

If administered to most, those receiving would think they had received poison because it wasn’t all bubbles and sugar
Most want the relationships the security the success but few understand the price paid to get there
For those that are not allergic to hard work and sacrifice my tonic would be pleasant and is refreshing.
But to be clear this is mine, as are the rewards and I can not give it to you even if I wanted to.
This is my success that I’m talking about.

I feel like success would be related to output. What did your marriage produce? What did you do for the Kingdom of God? How did you work as a team?
That's the case for mono and poly marriage, for family and for business. As it is written, You serve the Lord Christ (Col. 3:24).

Back