• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What do the kids call the other mom?

redfox

I just thought of this yesterday since SW is about to have her first... What do the kids start calling the other wife? My kids call SW by her first name, but I'm not as comfortable with that. I also don't want to be called mom by her kids, which I know is a good possibility since we'll be all together all the time. My kids call her mom on occasion more because they're just talking and slip up... I'd like to come up with some sort of nickname, but I am not sure what would work or be appropriate. Nana is more of a grandma name, so something not quite so grandma-ish sounding ;)

Any ideas? Names for mom in foreign languages perhaps? Something cutesy would be fun too :)

I've thought about that too, but that just doesn't really feel right in this situation I guess. Not that it's bad, I'm just looking for something more... familiar if that makes sense.

Well you could find a really shortened version of the sisterwife's name... For example my name is Amy so someday I could be called "Meme." In most name's cases you find the dominate sound in the name and repeat it. Rachel = Rayray, Alaynna = Laylay, Julie = Juju, ect... It doesn't work well with all names. :p :D I am interested in hearing other people's suggestions because this one is limited to certain names. :)

Neither of our names are really shortenable. I found a list of mom names in foreign languages, and liked "Amma"... at least for myself. I'm not sure what would fit her though. I'll have to keep looking :)

My daughter is of hispanic origin so we just use the spanish word for aunt which is Tia... my SW's name is Amy and my entire family knows her but is not privy to our acceptance and practice of PM. So our daughter will call her Tia and the rest of her aunts will be Aunt or Auntie...

Tia was something we both like and agree on and should she and DH have children together we will decide something at that time. I have heard of like mom-mom, or I love your's Amma! It's german is it not?

Good luck!!

Great question, I must say that I have pondered that myself. I really like the idea of using the word for mother in other languages.

livenotyesterday said:
"Ema (EE-muh)" is what I have heard from a family I nannied for once. I loved it, so cute. l

I really like that name! I haven't seen it spelled that way...only...Ima, it's Hebrew for mother. I wish I would have asked my children to call me that, maybe when my next one comes. ;)

I like Ema too. I would like for us to both have different names for our kids to call the other mom so there's less confusion. I wonder if Ema and Amma would be too close? Tia works too, but I have known people who go by that name, so we'll see :)

Oma (oh'-mah) is mother in a far eastern language, but I don't remember just which one. I like it better than Eema, ut that's a personal preference.

Well as far as our family goes the children kinda came up with my name as a cutesy thing it has stuck. They call me Mama Liz and when Hubby and I decide to have children we are all comfortable with them using Mama and then her name together.

Back