• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What do you do when....

Both wives are PMSing at the same time,

Both wives need your emotional support and be held at the same time?

Both are in a bad mood and want you do do something for them right now but it is two diffenrt things?

We like to think life is perfect but we all know women have their days.

(I was a school janitor a few years back before my curent nicer job. I had to empty the girls bathroom garbage abd i know that young women even if they sleep and eat in seprate homes if they spend enought time together will cycle pretty close together...)

Growing up in my family (mum and dad , with three daughters and me, the only son)
My father and I spent a lot of time fishing.
It kinda seemed obvious at the time. We spent hours looking for fish that simply where not there.
My farther was a wise man.

Ha!

Might be wiser to keep a hidden stash of dark chocolate, maybe along with an emergency copy of "the Notebook" or something like that. Set them up with chocolate and cuddles, and strict instructions to the kids that if they bother the moms then there will be dire repercussions!

I reject the premise of the question. And in fact this seems like one of the major benefits of polygyny, let them handle their female issues.

Zeph it sounds like you take the "Jacob" approach on the matter. Certainly not my style. If I may ask a clarifying question: how is poly better suited to non-involvement in "female issues" than mono? Do you mean they should be more capable of providing support to each other or what? Seems to me that more support from the husband would be required during those times than in a mono relationship, not less?

Or you could confine them to their room for seven days, as the law says. When they no longer have an issue of blood, give them two turtles and two pigeons for a sacrifice each.

This will confuse them enough so that next month they will make all attempts to hide their symptoms from you in hopes that you won't be keeping track.

'Course I think that probably will leave you and the kids to fend for yourselves. So everyone's happy, right? They get all meals served in bed for a week, and you don't have to hear them moan all the time.

Don't give them any additional animals until they sacrifice and burn the first set. Unless you really like turtles and pigeons.

I like the 7 days confinement thing. But seriously guys, are these adult women or adolescent girls? Helping them control their emotions is one of the great gifts we can give our wives. Their emotions are like our sex drive. It can be a wonderful thing but left unchecked or indulged too much it can become very destructive and self indulgent. Polygyny requires a leaving of self to become part of bigger whole, a calling to selflessness. Female hormones aren't unpredictable or unknown. They can be controlled and compensated for.

Back