• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What God Has Brought Together

R.A. Harris

Well, I mentioned in an earlier post that I've published a day-to-day devotional for women in Biblical Patriarchal Marriages. I hope I'm not breaking any rules about self-promotion here, but now that Amazon has finally approved the latest update, here it is. This day-by-day devotional, with a Scripture passage and commentary for each day, is divided into four sections with each section designed to cover one week. Week 1 focuses on the topic "God calls women to submit to their husbands." Week 2 is "God abhors a man who submits to a woman." Week 3 is focused on the topic of "what does submission to your husband mean in day-to-day life (Domestic Discipline, for example)," while section 4 focuses on the Biblical legitimacy of plural marriage. There is a section 5 but it defies the "one-day-one-verse" structure to take the form of a "Q & A" section.
It does not say much that has not already been said, but to the best of my knowledge it is the first book of its kind to be presented in "a-verse-a-day" format and specifically aimed at women who are first embarking on a Patriarchal Plural Marriage. The book's purpose is to provide daily Biblical reinforcement for newly added wives (or wives whose husband just took a sister wife) that this path is indeed Biblically sound.

cover mini.png

it is the first book of its kind ... specifically aimed at women who are first embarking on a Patriarchal Plural Marriage

I have to ask, is this for first wives or for plural (or additional) wives?

I had a few thoughts on this topic as well.

I had a few thoughts on this topic as well.

Care to share them?

While nicely provocative, I thought the cover art was a weakness. While it rightly knocks the vanity of woman, it might also feed the vanity of man.

While nicely provocative, I thought the cover art was a weakness. While it rightly knocks the vanity of woman, it might also feed the vanity of man.
A worthy point, this; and one that I'll have to bear in mind as a possibility. For now though, I'm going to say "a man who is that prone to vanity isn't likely to be the Head of a Household (or to remain one for very long) and probably won't have found a second wife willing to embark on a marriage where she'd find this book useful."

It may turn out that I'm wrong. God reveals what He reveals when He reveals it, and not before.

Here was the previous edition's cover art, but I felt like it really only addressed plurality, which is only one week's topic. I also didn't like how obviously CG the figures were.

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-20_17-46-19.jpg
    photo_2024-02-20_17-46-19.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 19
A worthy point, this; and one that I'll have to bear in mind as a possibility. For now though, I'm going to say "a man who is that prone to vanity isn't likely to be the Head of a Household (or to remain one for very long) and probably won't have found a second wife willing to embark on a marriage where she'd find this book useful."

It may turn out that I'm wrong. God reveals what He reveals when He reveals it, and not before.

Here was the previous edition's cover art, but I felt like it really only addressed plurality, which is only one week's topic. I also didn't like how obviously CG the figures were.
I like this cover better.

The cross is above the man's head, indicating that the man is under the authority of Christ. The women aren't bowing before the man, but are still clearly united under his leadership, given that they are four and he is one.

But, maybe I'm still dealing with some residual gynocentrism 🤔

Back