• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What happens in Vegas stays in …?

Mr.S

Male
Hey guys…I’m new to this whole concept and it dawned on me that when a person has multiple partners, STD’s pop up as if out of nowhere. You could have a couple that has only ever been with each other and if one person steps out on their partner they have a good chance at catching something they probably wish they hadn’t. As they say, what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas.
The point being, is this an issue in the polygyny crowd? Is the curse of sexually transmitted diseases just a thing that people choose to live with or is it further proof that two dudes should not be sharing a woman? And does this reaffirm that polygyny to be part of Gods design? I’m really unfamiliar with stds as well…so pretty much all around naive. maybe @PeteR could weigh in.

Hey guys…I’m new to this whole concept and it dawned on me that when a person has multiple partners, STD’s pop up as if out of nowhere. You could have a couple that has only ever been with each other and if one person steps out on their partner they have a good chance at catching something they probably wish they hadn’t. As they say, what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas.
The point being, is this an issue in the polygyny crowd? Is the curse of sexually transmitted diseases just a thing that people choose to live with or is it further proof that two dudes should not be sharing a woman? And does this reaffirm that polygyny to be part of Gods design? I’m really unfamiliar with stds as well…so pretty much all around naive. maybe @PeteR could weigh in.
A man with one or more women committed exclusively to one another, provided all were clean to begin with, won't encounter those sorts of problems.

It’s not unusual for people, whether in monogamy or polygyny, to provide a clean exam report to each other.

Is the curse of sexually transmitted diseases just a thing that people choose to live with or is it further proof that two dudes should not be sharing a woman?
I don’t understand what you mean by this.
And does this reaffirm that polygyny to be part of Gods design?
Nor this, it may just be worded in a way that I am unfamiliar with.

You are talking about consequences of promiscuity.

What marriage has with promiscuity?

Last edited:
When considering bringing in a second wife, do you think it’s appropriate to ask how many partners they’ve had and what their history is.

Here’s the scenario, its pride month…or pride eternity, whatever. And i just recently learned about all the consequences of choosing to participate in that life. Growing up everyone taught that it was normal and people were just born that way. After learning more about it all i wold say that is definitely not in Gods design And the consequences are such profound undeniable evidence that even those who reject God could easily understand its wrong.
Same goes for promiscuity in heterosexual relationships, there are all kinds of issues that arise out of such behaviours as evidence that it was not part of Gods design for man. Two healthy individuals one day and add a little promiscuity and suddenly issues start popping up. It’s not like the persons who got the STD started eating differently or got a new job working in some hazardous toxic environment, they simply stepped out side of Gods design and ensured consequences. For someone who and hears to Biblical teachings this is easily understood but to those who dont have anything to do with God or biblical faith there would be no way t explain how these things arise. And worse is that many people just consider living with STDs as just a part of life! Een in California I believe they passed a law stating you cannot sue someone for giving you AIDS and they do not have to disclose to any sexual partners that they knowingly have And will transmit HIV.
Are these people sick in the head? Yes! Does the world care? Who knows, but it doesn’t seem like it.

I am fascinated how God sets up permitters and people just go out of their way to not hear, not see, and deny the reality of the consequences of rebelling against God.

Then polygeny enters the conversation and I have to ask, do people who practice polygeny suffer consequences or do they not? If they do then they have to be able to explain why and how it is ok to keep going on. If they do not, then this is a very powerful testament to polygeny being in Gods design from the beginning. It also would argue against Polygamy as opposed to Polygeny.

This is definitely not a topic I enjoy talking about but one that I feel has significant value in understanding.

Abso
When considering bringing in a second wife, do you think it’s appropriate to ask how many partners they’ve had and what their history is.
Absolutely. Is a must. Those are physical and spiritual connections that a person carries with them and some carry demos, monsters and things that will not allow the couple to fully come together. Should your spouse have secrets from you? What amount of lying is acceptable in a relationship? …even by omission? Do we want t build a marriage, family, church or community where theses things are acceptable amongst the congregation? Not that people should be revealing their private life to the congregation but to live in fellowship with people who have decided that a certain amount of secrecy or lying is acceptable between the couples who make up that congregation. It makes for the modern church is what it does.

A man with one or more women committed exclusively to one another, provided all were clean to begin with, won't encounter those sorts of problems.
If this is so, then it is amazing. It should be better understood by everyone as the absolute insane amount of push back that comes from even saying the words, “Im thinking about getting another wife.”

Yes, off course.

People say past behaviour is best predictor of future. So man has special interest into knowing how much of slut she was before. Off course, smart woman knows being slut is bad, so she has special interest into hiding her past behaviour.

Think a little. Let's say you are regular guys with usual sexual morals, not ours. You meet some sweet lasy and when you are in bed she is fine with condomless sex. Do you truly think you are first man whom such offer she has made? Would it be smart do sleep with her without protection?

I don't think so.

Yes, off course.

People say past behaviour is best predictor of future. So man has special interest into knowing how much of slut she was before. Off course, smart woman knows being slut is bad, so she has special interest into hiding her past behaviour.

Think a little. Let's say you are regular guys with usual sexual morals, not ours. You meet some sweet lasy and when you are in bed she is fine with condomless sex. Do you truly think you are first man whom such offer she has made? Would it be smart do sleep with her without protection?

I don't think so.
Probably best to get to know her before you consummate her.

Yes, off course.

I don't think so.
She could have repented and changed her ways. Maybe she was like this and then came to Christ and is no longer this way. So in that way the past may not be a predictor of the future.

I was hoping that the idea of being able to scientifically measure the hypothesis of polygyny being as sound as monogamy as pertains to human health and societal building rather than slut shaming. But it’s an open thread so I guess I’ll just sit back and see where this goes.

Back