• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What happens in Vegas stays in …?

Hey guys…I’m new to this whole concept and it dawned on me that when a person has multiple partners, STD’s pop up as if out of nowhere. You could have a couple that has only ever been with each other and if one person steps out on their partner they have a good chance at catching something they probably wish they hadn’t. As they say, what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas.
The point being, is this an issue in the polygyny crowd? Is the curse of sexually transmitted diseases just a thing that people choose to live with or is it further proof that two dudes should not be sharing a woman? And does this reaffirm that polygyny to be part of Gods design? I’m really unfamiliar with stds as well…so pretty much all around naive. maybe @PeteR could weigh in.
Lol, you’re saying @PeteR knows all about the STDs huh? That’s wild, he seems like such a nice man in person.

Lol, you’re saying @PeteR knows all about the STDs huh? That’s wild, he seems like such a nice man in person.
Whoa!! Nope…hahaha, not at all where I was going with that. he just is really into making videos and attacking the polygeny thing from all angles that’s all. Since he has show to be so knowledgeable on the subject my wife asked me to pin his name in the comments section because we both enjoy his take on things.

Whoa!! Nope…hahaha, not at all where I was going with that. he just is really into making videos and attacking the polygeny thing from all angles that’s all. Since he has show to be so knowledgeable on the subject my wife asked me to pin his name in the comments section because we both enjoy his take on things.
I don’t know, he’s smooth as silk……

Y'all are hilarious...

Not sure we'll hit this exact topic but planning to do a video on Sunday, possibly livestream 8pm east, with a couple very knowledgeable medical professionals to discuss multiple medical studied dealing with women and sex. Title will be 'Why Women NEED Sex.'

Yes, off course.

People say past behaviour is best predictor of future. So man has special interest into knowing how much of slut she was before. Off course, smart woman knows being slut is bad, so she has special interest into hiding her past behaviour.

Think a little. Let's say you are regular guys with usual sexual morals, not ours. You meet some sweet lasy and when you are in bed she is fine with condomless sex. Do you truly think you are first man whom such offer she has made? Would it be smart do sleep with her without protection?

I don't think so.
Bringing this one up again. Scenario is a man starts talking to a woman. She's interested in being a second wife. Through the course of their initial conversations it becomes very clear that she has had a very active sexual past. Man is concerned about this issue. Woman states that she has repented of her sins and the behavior won't happen again. At what point does the man cut her loose based on an extremely active past, even though woman says she has changed and repented.

Bringing this one up again. Scenario is a man starts talking to a woman. She's interested in being a second wife. Through the course of their initial conversations it becomes very clear that she has had a very active sexual past. Man is concerned about this issue. Woman states that she has repented of her sins and the behavior won't happen again. At what point does the man cut her loose based on an extremely active past, even though woman says she has changed and repented.
If it was activity before God saved her and she is now a new person in Christ, the past is the past. We should not dwell on the past because her sin, your sin, everyone's sin is washed clean in the blood of the Saviour. If a guy is fulfilling his duty as a husband to her, he will continue to wash her in the Word (cf. Eph. 5:26). But, beware of anybody whose talk isn't matched by a godly walk. Consistency in growing sanctification is proof of a transformed life. Cheers

What matters most is how strongly can man "lock" her.

Her pair-bonding is downgraded. She would need rather strong stimulus to do proper bonding.

Also key thing is how much sexually adventuruos she is willing to be with him? Is she is less willing, this means she find her current partner less attractive then her past. She is at risk of defection then.

There is also question of novelty and curiosity in sex. If previous solution was try new man, will she be able to cope? Does new man has enough creativity to fullfil her?

Men know this as part of "genetic memory".

This discussion makes me think of Rahab the harlot, wife of Salman, mother of Boaz, ancestor of Jesse, Davis, Solomon, and eventually the King Himself. Rahab seems to have turned out alright.

She was however first radically converted from pagan Canaanite to redeemed woman of God.

She saw ALL of her pagan Canaanite neighbors in Jericho get justly slaughtered.

Rahab came to know the Maker of Heaven and Earth, trembled before Him in reverent fear, causing her to forsake everything else.

Few women are as radically transformed as Rahab, but it does happen.

The saving power of Jesus Christ is exceedingly great!

Most modern women are defiled like Rahab, but few know God like she did.

Last edited:
What if she did these things while claiming to be a Christian.
Personally, in such a case, I would steer away myself. But if someone was to continue with this relationship I advice spending some good time with that person to see if they are truly willing to walk in the faith, and see evidence of their sanctification. If you already have a wife, and children then it's important you're bringing the right person into your family. You want to build it up. Not risk destroying it.

Something is seriously wrong with her version of Christianity.

It sounds a lot like 2nd Timothy 3:5

"holding to a form of godliness although they have denied its power; avoid such people as these"

Avoid such women.
Run!

On the other hand, she might have been an unregenerate cultural "Christian", who has now been genuinely converted. If that is the case, it will become evident with time. The fruit of the Spirit will become evident.

Otherwise, assume she is an unregenerate cultural "Christian" and certainly don't consider marrying her.

Tares look like wheat except tares produce a grain that is worthless and useless, and will ultimately be burned (cf. Matt. 13:24-30). Jesus said, Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire (Matt. 7:17-19).

Back