• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What I believe

Revgill87123

Male
People ask all the time what do I believe as far as a statement of faith or testimony.

I believe that ALL of Scripture (66 books of the Old and New Testaments) is the complete and the only divinely inspired written Word of God, a supernaturally given revelation from God Himself and, as such, relies upon no church, council or creed for it's authority. It is verbally and completely inerrant in the original writings and has been kept pure in the fundamental doctrines through subsequent ages by God's singular care and providence. It is therefore without error or misstatement in its moral and spiritual teaching and record of historical facts, and of supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and life, applicable to all times and cultures.

I believe in one sovereign God, eternally existing and manifesting Himself to us in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each person is fully and completely God and has eternally existed in the relationship described by the term Trinity. I believe that God is all knowing, all-powerful, ever present, and changeless and that He is holy, righteous, just, faithful, merciful and loving; He is the source of all creation and through the immediate exercise of His power, all things came into being.

I believe that Yeshua the Messiah is co-equal and co-eternal with God the Father. He is the living Word of God, David's promised Messianic Heir, our Savior and Lord, our God and our King. He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures. I believe in His sinless life and perfect obedience to the Law; in His atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, His high priestly work in Heaven for us, and His immanent visible and physical return to the world according to His promise.

I believe the Holy Spirit is a person of the Godhead; and as such, He possesses all the distinct attributes of Deity.

I believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. He was active in the creation of all things and continues to be so today, restraining evil and convicting the world of sin.

I believe in the present work of the Holy Spirit to...guide, teach, motivate, sanctify and empower every believer for fruitful and gifted service characterized by growing love, faith, and hope. I believe that the Holy Spirit permanently indwells, regenerates, and seals the believer, sovereignty imparting at least one spiritual gift to every believer for the purpose of edifying and equipping the Body of Messiah.

I believe that mankind was created in the image of God, after His likeness, and therefore has intrinsic worth. I believe that, because our first parents rebelled against God in the Garden of Eden, they lost their innocence and both they and their descendants, separated from God, suffer physical and spiritual death and that all born of the seed of man are sinners by nature and practice. Man has no possible means of reconciling himself to God and that, by persisting in the sinful state of unbelief, man is justly condemned by God to eternal punishment.

I believe that God the Father is the author of eternal salvation, having loved the world and given His Son for its redemption. I rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that by His grace He saves from sin and death all that come to Him through faith in Messiah Yeshua.

I believe that Yeshua the Messiah died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; that all who believe in Him are justified, not by any works of righteousness they have done, but by His perfect righteousness and atoning blood and that there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved, there is no way of salvation apart from faith in Messiah Yeshua for any person, Jewish or Gentile.

I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to eternal life and the other to eternal damnation, a state of everlasting punishment and in the consequent urgency of the Great Commission, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile.

I believe that the Church is an elect people, comprising both Jews and Gentiles who acknowledge Yeshua as Messiah and Redeemer. Its purpose is to glorify God through worship, instruction, accountability, discipline, fellowship and outreach.

I affirm that other religions and ideologies are not alternative paths to God, and that human spirituality if unredeemed by the Messiah Yeshua/ Jesus, leads not to salvation but to judgment, for Messiah Yeshua is the only way.

Well said and Amen:)

Shannon

Back