• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

what if???

april88

..what if you'll discover that a person close to you is having an affair? a person you respected, cherished and treasured..that after so many years you'll know that what you believed is not the truth..that its just a picture perfect scenario, scripted, an imagination..and everything will shatter..

I'm guessing your speaking about an affair inside a plural family. Other wise I didn't fully understand your post sorry...

You stop, take a deep breath, and look at the situation logically. Find out whats going on with that person, and what is wrong that would cause them to have an affair.
I don't believe it would shatter. Anyone worth loving is worth the time to fix even an issue as severe as this.

thank you!! I appreciate it, but i really dont know how to take things if twas true.. they wont have my trust the pain would be too much.. i have had enough..

There is a difference between forgiving someone and having confidence in them. In such a situation I’d think the trust would have to be earned once again. Another thought, just because someone forgives does not mean that the individual that was forgiven is completely capable of being trusted.

Forgiveness is done for our soul, not for the person we are forgiving. We are commanded to forgive if we want God to forgive us. So yes you must forgive, but no you don't have to trust again. Trust must be earned.

SweetLissa

..i dont know if you believe in this but they said once you lose someone its never the same person who comes back.. i really dont think if they could have the same trust i've given to them once they broke it.. for now i don't pay any attention bout those matter im getting sick of it..a thought of it sends my emotion into a very undesirable stage..

april88 said:
..i dont know if you believe in this but they said once you lose someone its never the same person who comes back.
we all change from month to month and year to year. are you the same person that you were a year ago? i know of no one who is. only an object can stay the same. this is just a very convenient way to dismiss the person

a thought of it sends my emotion into a very undesirable stage..
yes, if we do not make choices about our thoughts (mainly about forgiveness) the enemy will play with them at will and we wind up feeding the dark side

the same trust? of course not, just the amount of trust that they earn ;)

april88 said:
..i dont know if you believe in this but they said once you lose someone its never the same person who comes back.. i really dont think if they could have the same trust i've given to them once they broke it..

With God's help, I believe we can have the same trust for a person. I recently read somewhere that when we love someone, we give them the right to hurt us. The hard part is when we get hurt repeatedly, but as Jesus said, we are to forgive 70 x 7 times and I have found that the LORD always gets me back to a simple, naive trust with people if I am walking with Him. If I go into self-preservation mode, then I am a totally untrusting person who doesn't want to get hurt AGAIN, but I am miserable in that state.However, when we rest in the LORD, we can trust again and leave that person and his/her actions to the LORD and there is peace with that.

Back