• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What is Modern Monogamy?

"Sara Kuburic is a therapist who specializes in identity, relationships and moral trauma."

If Sara's advice is to let marriages come and go then she's a crap therapist who likely needs therapy herself.

Advocating failure is not a path to success.

If Sara's advice is to let marriages come and go then she's a crap therapist who likely needs therapy herself.

Advocating failure is not a path to success.
She's probably just shaking the weeds to drum up business.

USA Today article: What is Modern Monogamy?

I posted for thoughts and comments. I hadn't heard the term before; the concept sure, it's been around for some time.
Modern is just another word for current.

So if current way of doing things is slighty different that previous, you can use word modern.

Article claims obvious (today's relationships usually aren't permanent) and puts them under new term. It's nothing more than serial polygamy.

It seemed to me the experts were stumped by the problem, and decided to see it as natural and succumb to it. Sooo then, let's name it, package it, and sell it.
They are also blinded by their bias for perceived monogamy.

It’s not Modern, it’s Temporary.

Using the word Modern attempts to make it the replacement for the older version of monogamy.

Back