• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What is the Gospel?

pebble

Hello everybody.

Just need a bit of help here. What is The Gospel, especially the one indicated in Matthew 24:14?

1. Salvation through Jesus/Yeshua (focusing on His life, death, and resurrection)?
2. The coming kingdom (which I'm confused if it refers to the mellineum or the next thing after that)?
3. Salvation for those who endure and persevere against sin and loss of faith (obviously in the face of trials, tribulations, and persecutions)?

Thanks.

I see the gospel as the 'good news' that the peace of God has come to all men.

As I see it, Jesus came and died for all sins and therefore made peace between man and God. This is good, of course, but it opens up the way for mankind to begin the process of becoming one with the Father. God has been orchestrating this since the beginning of time and is His 'end to justify his means.'

Those who freely desire Him find a way through Jesus Christ and are justified by putting their faith in Him and turning from their sins. The kingdom of God is close at hand and is substantiated by this process. If it goes as it should, the transforming power of the Holy Spirit has the effect of reversing the self-destructive tendencies of entire nations and cultures.

I don't think I can put any more simply :)

Back