• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What is your faith profession?

meryc

Male
I am a Reformed Christian, who follows calvinist theology, but I have restrictions about marriage (so, I disagree with Westminster Confession in this point, but I agree in another ones). What about you?

I am a minister within a Pentecostal organization, but I disagree with my denomination on a number of things. Our denomination is fairly small, and I'm well-known in my district, so I am free to "agree to disagree" on a number of points.

Personally, I usually describe myself as Torah Observant. Other labels I would be okay with include: Pentecostal, charismatic, pre-millenialist, polygynous (non-practicing so far), and Christian.

Messicostal

I don't like labels and boxes.

I follow God wherever He leads me. Tomorrow I may have a completely different doctrine if He shakes me up again, who knows? So I don't spend too much time trying to put what I believe into words. It certainly doesn't fit with any denomination anyway.

Witnessing, Non-Evangelical, Non-Calvinist Psychedelic Universal-Reconciliation Pauline KJV-questioning spiritual descendant of the Anabaptists member of the Body of Yeshua. All here are my brothers and sisters. Staunch rejecter of Darwinian Evolution but just as staunch defender of the concept Darwin borrowed labeled as natural selection, which presents no contradiction with the Creation account in the Word of Yah. Elohim created Earth (and everything else), we sin, we deserve wrath, and instead Yah has displayed His Grace by sacrificing His Son on the stake and Resurrecting Him in propitiation for our sins. Thus, we were forgiven by Them before we were ever born.

Having said all that, I absolutely resonate with what Sarah wrote immediately above!

Witnessing, Non-Evangelical, Non-Calvinist Psychedelic Universal-Reconciliation Pauline KJV-questioning spiritual descendant of the Anabaptists member of the Body of Yeshua. All here are my brothers and sisters. Staunch rejecter of Darwinian Evolution but just as staunch defender of the concept Darwin borrowed labeled as natural selection, which presents no contradiction with the Creation account in the Word of Yah. Elohim created Earth (and everything else), we sin, we deserve wrath, and instead Yah has displayed His Grace by sacrificing His Son on the stake and Resurrecting Him in propitiation for our sins. Thus, we were forgiven by Them before we were ever born.

Having said all that, I absolutely resonate with what Sarah wrote immediately above!
Keith,
We all know that you are a lively character. I thank God for making you.

I agree about Darwin. Natural selection really is a key concept for understanding how life operates around us in this fallen world.

Also, the idea that everything came from natural selection, random mutation, and whatever other evolutionary nonsense is absurd. God created the world and everything in it. We are all accountable to Him.

The use of the word "propitiation" makes you sound kinda "Calvinisty". 😉

Recovering Calvinist Presbyterian pastor... 😂

I would now refer to myself as a follower of The Way, Torah observant/pursuant or something similar, though I agree w @FollowingHim2 , I don't like labels and reserve the right to follow Yah wherever He leads... 😁

I am a Reformed Christian, who follows calvinist theology, but I have restrictions about marriage (so, I disagree with Westminster Confession in this point, but I agree in another ones). What about you?
I confess that God is Holy, and that He created all things. I am both made in the image of God, and am also badly fallen and corrupted. I have rebelled and dishonored God in innumerable ways. I deserve the fierce wrath of God.

Yet because of the great mercy of God, I have been redeemed by the perfect life, and substitutionary death of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, received by faith. I am now forgiven and accepted by God.

I have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. That regeneration actually produced the faith to receive Christ.

As one beloved of Christ, I have been adopted into the family of God, and now cry out to Him "Abba Father".

Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! He is risen from the dead, has ascended to heaven, sits at the right hand of God the Father, and will return to receive His people to everlasting joy, and judge the world.

Jesus Christ is my Savior. He is my one true Hope, greatest Treasure, and deepest Joy. He is my Master, and I tremble before Him. He owns me, and it is my desire to be conformed more and more to His will.

I believe the Bible is true, authoritative, and that it points us to Jesus Christ.

I think those are the important highlights.

In terms of labels, I'd say I'm pretty much Reformed Baptist (I love the five solas).

Where I would diverge from my Calvinist Baptist brothers would be on the issue of patriarchy (rather than mere complementarian gender roles) and belief that polygyny is lawful (because of patriarchy).

All of that stuff confuses me and I don't believe it's meant to be so complicated. I see so many fighting and dividing over the smallest and silliest things. Just the other day I heard of an elderly father and his adult [50-year-old] son literally yelling at each other over religious differences and I'm thinking, "How ironic." If the chief of EVERYTHING is LOVE, certainly yelling and fighting is opposite of that. Of course you can pretend to be nice and calm and still hate, so that's not my point. I just see religion mostly as something that divides and separates, and many religious people truly are some of the meanest people I've ever met.

All of that stuff confuses me and I don't believe it's meant to be so complicated. I see so many fighting and dividing over the smallest and silliest things. Just the other day I heard of an elderly father and his adult [50-year-old] son literally yelling at each other over religious differences and I'm thinking, "How ironic." If the chief of EVERYTHING is LOVE, certainly yelling and fighting is opposite of that. Of course you can pretend to be nice and calm and still hate, so that's not my point. I just see religion mostly as something that divides and separates, and many religious people truly are some of the meanest people I've ever met.
Religion is troublesome, and many religious people really do not reflect the character of God.

Nevertheless, the historical man Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God. He died in the place of sinners, rose from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is the only Way to God.

The real question is:. What do we do with Him? Do we hope in Him and follow Him? Do we hope in and follow anything else instead?

People who truly hope in Him, start to resemble Him more and more. He told us that we would know His people because they love one another. Those that walk with Jesus have a generosity of spirit.

I think most religious people really don't know Jesus. That is very sad.

A lot of us here have really been hurt and betrayed by churches and religious people.

For example, I mentioned above that my theological views would generally fall in the category of "Reformed Baptist".

Nevertheless, when I mentioned that the Bible permits men to have more than one wife, all the elders at my Calvinistic baptist church threw me under the bus and called me a "false teacher".

That really hurt.

I think those guys belong to Jesus, and I regard them as brothers. Still, I think they sinned grievously. I also believe that in due time, the Master will vindicate His written word.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; He said He and the Father are one. The religious people of His day hated Him with murderous hatred and He said those who follow Him will also be hated. If you don't want to be hated or face the opposition.... well, as a popular prosperity gospel preacher claims, you'll get your best life now.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; He said He and the Father are one. The religious people of His day hated Him with murderous hatred and He said those who follow Him will also be hated. If you don't want to be hated or face the opposition.... well, as a popular prosperity gospel preacher claims, you'll get your best life now.
I definitely want my best life later, but even my life now is better when I trust and obey Jesus the Christ.

Back