• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What is your favorite thing about PM?

Men and women I am curious if you had to pick one thing about PM, what would be your favorite? For me it would be watching the women work together to accomplish something. There is something about the sharing and collaboration of a task between women that is just a beautiful thing to watch, specifically the interaction of the spirits in navigating the task. I am not sure how better to explain it.

I’m monogamous, so this is only from observation. But my favorite thing is seeing the care, love, and mutual support between women. It warms my heart.

The Amelang family, the Pease family, and others. I won’t spell out their names for privacy sake. Such wonderful examples of love and mutual support is so encouraging. Makes me happy knowing women are cared for and loved, given freedom to be who they are, and a safe place to invest in the mission and purpose of a good man.

For me it was similar to each of the answers the gentleman above had but I am going to throw myself or husbands in general terms in the mix.
What you can accomplish with teamwork broadly speaking. When people who know each other and love each other are working towards a common goal is one area where plurl marriage really shines.

Honorable mention goes in my case to always having someone to natter at and bounce ideas off of or to listen to my tangents and latest enthusiasms. When one gets tired she can tag in a partner or on occasion they can gang up to divert me, distract me or put me on a different track.

I well understand enthusiasm thing....and how a subject can get worn out. I'm prone to doing that myself and understand it when someone else gets hooked on an idea.

I'd say more people excited about the same project is when things happen. We've had a big family for a long time before having a two wife one. Many hands make light work.....or larger accomplishments!

I like having my best friends built into my marriage! Like when we do 'girl talk' we're talking about the same man and it's both more meaningful and more intimate than otherwise.

Agreed w the above comments re: ladies working together. Psalm 133 comes to mind.

Without question, the greatest testimony to polygyny is women in harmony. Ultimately, the image of Yahweh with His two brides, restored Israel in harmony, should be what every plural family images.

Copycats! That was my answer, get your own! I do find it interesting that the men all had the same/similiar response. I think I am seeing a trend here...Possible vetting question for women to ask men? No one citing kinky group orgy sex, as it is portrayed in the secular world. Not calling anyone a liar but would be interesting to have had the answers be blind somehow for others who may read and assume others answers were influenced in some way by a previous poster or the status quo.

Last edited:
For me it is like fantasizing about winning the Lotto, what would I do with...? They say winning the lotto ruins many lives but let me have a crack at 100 million bucks or at least let me try!

Same here. Dont need Ferrari, bling or bimbos.
Would be building a self sufficient community. One where plural marriage would not be looked at askance...among other things.

On a personal self serving note. What attracts me to it is the ability to rapidly build wealth and a larger family. The simple fact is I need more help to expand my empire. I could double my income next year with a halfway competent person who's totally invested in helping me be successful. A couple more people with varying skillsets would quadruple income potential. I could establish a firm and resilient financial future for my family to great grandchildren in scope. Monogamous, I can benefit my grandchildren and set my sons up well, but it makes me giddy thinking of what I could accomplish if I had 2 more Caties helping me, just boggles the mind. I understand why it's illegal, the power families would retain would terrify the oligarchs in power. They would no longer have power.

It sounds so fun to have a larger family and some friends closer than a sister for my wife. I get so much joy from seeing her interact with her sister, joke around, share their stories and laugh together. It would make me grin ear to ear to have even just one friend like that sharing her life every day. I'm great, don't get me wrong, but she is different with women and I know for a fact that she would blossom under that type of situation.

(and before anybody suggests it, her sister is married)

Not my favorite thing about poly, but it can require tremendous personal growth.

So yes, personal growth is great, but being forced to experience it on a timetable that you aren’t ready for isn’t something that people eagerly anticipate.

Not my favorite thing about poly, but it can require tremendous personal growth.

So yes, personal growth is great, but being forced to experience it on a timetable that you aren’t ready for isn’t something that people eagerly anticipate.
Oooh this is good. Thanks for bringing this one up. Honestly this should be the most important one of all. For us men, it forces us to be conformed more and more into the image of Christ. And for the women it forces them to be conformed to the spirit of Christ as well. We are given ample opportunities to confront the ugly and unworthy aspects of our character. And in that situation, it's not a suggestion, but a demand that we rise above what we thought was possible and be more Christlike than we ever would have. Truly a refining fire.

On a personal self serving note. What attracts me to it is the ability to rapidly build wealth and a larger family. The simple fact is I need more help to expand my empire. I could double my income next year with a halfway competent person who's totally invested in helping me be successful. A couple more people with varying skillsets would quadruple income potential. I could establish a firm and resilient financial future for my family to great grandchildren in scope. Monogamous, I can benefit my grandchildren and set my sons up well, but it makes me giddy thinking of what I could accomplish if I had 2 more Caties helping me, just boggles the mind. I understand why it's illegal, the power families would retain would terrify the oligarchs in power. They would no longer have power.

It sounds so fun to have a larger family and some friends closer than a sister for my wife. I get so much joy from seeing her interact with her sister, joke around, share their stories and laugh together. It would make me grin ear to ear to have even just one friend like that sharing her life every day. I'm great, don't get me wrong, but she is different with women and I know for a fact that she would blossom under that type of situation.

(and before anybody suggests it, her sister is married)
I feel that plural marriages and these types of family units would help the government by releasing strains on the welfare system. I'm sure there are communities out there who take advantage of welfare and plural marriage, but my family would not. Plural marriages could elevate everyone involved and help people escape poverty & food stamps, leaving room for people who need it more.

Back