• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What Law will govern the Kingdom of Heaven when it comes to Earth.

Roman Law, Rabbinical Law, or the Law of Love (a new Law)?
It is already come. The Kingdom arrived with Christ made flesh. Jesus peached the Gospel of the kingdom. And after the kingdom had come with Christ, He gave Himself, died, arose and ascended to rule as Sovereign over His kingdom, pouring out His righteous anger upon all of the wicked until none remain.
And then comes the end, AFTER Christ has subjected all enemies unto Himself, after all enemies have become His footstool, only then will Christ bodily return to destroy the final enemy, death. And then Christ will deliver His perfectly redeemed kingdom up to the Father.

Which Law? The only true Law of Liberty.
The one which shall never pass away.

28 “Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”
Matthew 16:28

And only 37 years after His death and resurrection, Christ kept His promise and came in judgment upon Israel, leaving, as He said, not one stone left upon another at the Temple.

And the Greek for “coming” connotes continual action. So 70ad was just the beginning.

It is already come. The Kingdom arrived with Christ made flesh. Jesus peached the Gospel of the kingdom. And after the kingdom had come with Christ, He gave Himself, died, arose and ascended to rule as Sovereign over His kingdom, pouring out His righteous anger upon all of the wicked until none remain.
And then comes the end, AFTER Christ has subjected all enemies unto Himself, after all enemies have become His footstool, only then will Christ bodily return to destroy the final enemy, death. And then Christ will deliver His perfectly redeemed kingdom up to the Father.

Which Law? The only true Law of Liberty.
The one which shall never pass away.

28 “Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”
Matthew 16:28

And only 37 years after His death and resurrection, Christ kept His promise and came in judgment upon Israel, leaving, as He said, not one stone left upon another at the Temple.

And the Greek for “coming” connotes continual action. So 70ad was just the beginning.

Yes, the Salvation work done by the Son of God has brought the reality of the spiritual world to the physical. And as you state, the 'coming' is a continual process. However, during that process other world systems will be replaced until they are all put under the Saviors feet. That implies that there is a physical system that will replace the current systems of the world. My question is, what will govern that system during the process of its replacement and continued operation once established?

“And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me,” says the Lord.
Isaiah 66:23

It is simply a process by which, gradually, all mankind comes to serve Christ— which is described as obedience to all that Christ commands— and pre-incarnate Christ gave the law to Moses and the Word is Christ, so the Mosaic case law would be included—basically anything not made void by the redemptive work of Christ (primarily ceremonial law pertaining to sacrifices)

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
1 John 5:1-3

And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.
2 John 1:6

It is simply a process by which, gradually, all mankind comes to serve Christ
How would you explain the Millennium and that whole “rule with a rod of iron” thing?

How would you explain the Millennium and that whole “rule with a rod of iron” thing?
The millennium exists in a symbolic sense and is described as a place in which there are souls without bodies—basically it is heaven—and a place which Satan no longer has access to in order to accuse the Saints. So we are not so much “in” the millennium as we are under it.

Love. Read Matthew 22:35-40. Love is the critical part, but verse 40 teaches us that these two laws motivated all the law and the prophets. Paul taught in summation that without Love everything else is meaningless (1Corinthians 13). He taught in Galatians 5 we fulfill the law by Love. 1John 4 teaches that God IS Love. John also taught that the opposite of Love is not hate, but fear. This is why anyone is fearful and why our culture and many Churches are paralyzed. Fear is tormenting and is the worst of all paralysis. God uses 3 primary attributes to persuade us too Him. Faith, Hope, and Love. The greatest is Love. Satan uases three attributes to distract us. Doubt, guilt, and fear, respectively. Fear being the worst. So, Love.

Reactions: Cap
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it. Ok
2 John 1:6

What are these commandments? What laws will govern the Kingdom of Heaven when it is established on this Earth. Mosaic, Rabbinical, Love?

I am sorry that you believe that.
All of Revelation is conveyed in symbols-- it says so right from the start. It is not literal in any sense. And there are about 1000 references to other symbolism used throughout scripture-- primarily OT. The 1000 years are not a literal time span. I think it is safe to say that it is just a "long time."
As for where the millennium is-- the disembodied souls come to life and rule for 1000 years together with Christ... that is precisely what we also would see if we also could peer into heaven-- souls without bodies enthroned together with Christ-- judging. Also, we know that satan is bound-- which is symbolic of his removal from the throne room of God where he can no longer accuse the saints. But he is not bound on earth. He is prowling around looking for whom he may devour.

What are these commandments? What laws will govern the Kingdom of Heaven when it is established on this Earth. Mosaic, Rabbinical, Love?
The Commandments, as we are told throughout scripture, are as they have been from the beginning. Christ made no new commandments when he became flesh and has made none since then. So the commandments as we have always had them are binding and in force for all peoples, both believers and the unregenerate alike.
The law as it was given to Moses by the pre-incarnate Christ...together with the Mosaic case laws. All commandments given throughout Scripture which have not been voided by the redemptive work of Christ-- meaning the ceremonial laws pertaining to sacrifice.
Even love we cannot know how to love rightly unless we have the standard of Scripture. Love your neighbor? How? Without Scripture, you and I have no idea how to love a neighbor. We may imagine that we are being "loving" by failing to tell our neighbor that his promotion of homosexuality is just us being "tolerant" of his or her "lifestyle." However, if his sin ultimately lands him or her in hell, how "loving" were we really?

Even love we cannot know how to love rightly unless we have the standard of Scripture. Love your neighbor? How? Without Scripture, you and I have no idea how to love a neighbor. We may imagine that we are being "loving" by failing to tell our neighbor that his promotion of homosexuality is just us being "tolerant" of his or her "lifestyle." However, if his sin ultimately lands him or her in hell, how "loving" were we really?

Do you think Jesus would "hang out" with a homosexual person? Would He be friends with a person who goes to church on Sunday or follows the Rabbinical teaching of Saturday Sabbath? What if someone works on a Sabbath no matter what day? What about a woman OR man caught in adultery? Where would grace fit neighbor to neighbor?

The first thing Jesus always did was confront sin. And because He knew and always knows the heart, he went straight to the heart of the sin. And then He commanded the person to turn from that sin and go and sin no more.
We don’t know the heart and we can’t read minds. But we can see a sinful lifestyle for what it is. And we know that Christ has told us that no one who lives that way will enter into heaven.
So we should very lovingly and firmly confront sin with scripture for that is the example we are given by Christ.

The first thing Jesus always did was confront sin. And because He knew and always knows the heart, he went straight to the heart of the sin. And then He commanded the person to turn from that sin and go and sin no more.
We don’t know the heart and we can’t read minds. But we can see a sinful lifestyle for what it is. And we know that Christ has told us that no one who lives that way will enter into heaven.
So we should very lovingly and firmly confront sin with scripture for that is the example we are given by Christ.

How does this verse work in your kingdom?

Matthew 18:21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

I would imagine that if He said that about brothers or sisters, He would do the same for you and me if we sinned against Him, don't you think?

Here is another interesting verse.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are called to forgive. This has nothing to do with salvation. Otherwise, if I read the intent of your post correctly, you expect Christ to just forgive everyone and all will go to heaven.

Further, yes we are to judge and be willing to be judged by the same standard. That is how I live.
And as individuals and even as a church, we have no authority to execute justice—only the civil government is given the power of the sword by God.

Roman Law, Rabbinical Law, or the Law of Love (a new Law)?

Your original question is: "What Law will govern the Kingdom of Heaven when it comes to Earth?"

The question is ill defined and the options don't fit the question....

Define when you think the Kingdom of Heaven comes to earth. Is it when the Messiah rules/reigns from Jerusalem as the Prophets promise? If so, then the Law is Torah.

Is it when the New Jerusalem comes down? That's New Heaven/New earth stuff wherein the New Covenant has Torah written on our hearts...

And, just to touch on a pet peeve, there is no such thing as the Law of Moses or Torah of Moses. He was the scribe, it is not his law. It is the Law of God, but I'll get off that soapbox before the thread blows up. ;) And, the Torah is not Rabbinic Law. Rabbinic Law is Mishnah and Gemara....

What happened in the thread though was a quick devolution to "the Law of Love" which may not be what we've been taught to think it is. Jesus said the 'two great commandments are Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself. On these two hang all the Law and the prophets." What we fail to realize is that Jesus said, "Torah!!" Both halves of what He cited come directly from the Torah, Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18. The Torah IS love! God tells us so multiple times in His Word. He says (paraphrasing), "This is how you love Me and how you love your neighbor."

Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." Do we think for an instant that He could be the sinless Messiah, the exact representation of the father, the one like unto Moses, the One who said and did only what the father said, and teach against or alter even one iota of the Torah? If He did, He is not the Messiah. Cue Deuteronomy 12:32-13:11

Law of Liberty? Torah. Never, not one time, in all of Scripture is the Torah described as bondage. It is the simple measure of freedom given to Israel when God brought them OUT of bondage. When we come to Christ we are empowered by the Spirit to live in the freedom of the Torah that Jesus said would exist at the time heaven and earth pass away. Matthew 5:17-19. Read and chew on that very carefully! (Extra credit: He tells us exactly how to be least in the Kingdom. Any who aspire to leastness, your answer is in v. 19.)

Okay, I'm bailing out before I really get going. ;)

I well agree with what Ancient Paths said above. Barry, you mention numerous times about so-called "Ceremonial laws" that have to do with sacrifice being done away with by Yeshua's redemptive work. I wholeheartedly disagree with that sentiment.

Firstly, define ceremonial law. That term is widely used in Christianity to deal with matters of cleanness, uncleanness, purity, and sacrifice. Christians seem to have this idea that there is no evidence of Ceremonial washing in the New Testament, but simultaneously hold the idea that baptism randomly appears at that time as an institution which all the Jews were familiar with... baptism is ceremonial washing, people.

Secondly, in Acts 21, the Apostles sought to dispel the misunderstanding that Paul was abolishing the Law of God by sending him up to the Temple to be ceremonially cleansed and that an offering might be made for the completion of a vow. According to Scripture, such an offering included animal sacrifice.

Thirdly, springboarding off that one, although we know Yeshua paid the price for our sin, there are many other kinds of offerings, such as Fellowship offerings...

I've written an entire book on dispelling the myth which perpetuates The misunderstanding which seems to be the premise of your statement. I will not repeat it all here for you now. If you want to ask about it, send me a message.

Regarding how to live when Messiah returns: hopefully, not much different than now insofar as: Follow what Scripture says.

In those days there will probably be less complicating factors such as bosses and governments who despise God, but in spite of that: obey the Word of God.

As far as sacrifices which remain in effect by commandment:

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:1-2

And one other verse which references a spiritual sacrifice evidenced by the life we lead:

And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:4-5

I don’t believe that any offering or “sacrifice” would be in error so long as blood is not spilled. That would be an offense because there has already been a once and final blood sacrifice in Christ.

But it seems that the sacrifice most desired by God is one that we live.

Just keep in mind, God loves the doing of righteousness and justice more than any sacrifice. Again, the emphasis is upon DOING and living as we are commanded.

To do righteousness and justice Is desired by the Lord more than sacrifice.
Proverbs 21:3

As far as sacrifices which remain in effect by commandment:

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:1-2

And one other verse which references a spiritual sacrifice evidenced by the life we lead:

And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:4-5

I don’t believe that any offering or “sacrifice” would be in error so long as blood is not spilled. That would be an offense because there has already been a once and final blood sacrifice in Christ.

But it seems that the sacrifice most desired by God is one that we live.

Just keep in mind, God loves the doing of righteousness and justice more than any sacrifice. Again, the emphasis is upon DOING and living as we are commanded.

To do righteousness and justice Is desired by the Lord more than sacrifice.
Proverbs 21:3

But, that does not mean He does not like sacrifice. "Pleasing aroma?"

"I the Lord do not change."

Ezekiel 43 & 44 as well as Zechariah 14 detail future sacrifice. Fat and blood.

The point: Christendom does not understand Torah or the corporate redemption of All Israel. Judaism does not understand the personal salvation role of the Messiah or how He scattered and will gather the Northern Kingdom to fulfill prophecy. BOTH need to get out of their religious boxes and read Scripture at face value, like a 5th grader, to understand where we are and where He is taking us.

Blessings

Back