• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What made you fall for your husband?

Hmmm let me see here. Lots of less common lifestyle preferences helped. The fact that he could ride a horse was a plus. We agreed on pineapple (long running joke there)
What really got my heart was seeing that he had faith and a want to do what was right ...even when it wasn't the fun or easy choice. Oh, and he kissed a cute baby.... goat! :rolleyes::pLol
Seriously though, it was deciding he was the answer to the prayer of about 8 years before, and believing that God brought us together to marry.
He had quite the impact though. His voice, the way he said my name was unlike anyone else.
It's been a wonderful almost 23 years since we met. No regrets ever! :)

I really enjoyed reading all the posts! I hope more people join in!

I noticed my husband while I was in Junior high because my parents and his mom went to the same church. I was immediately draw to how attractive he is, but never really spoke to him because he's almost seven years older than I am. But later when I was in high school a boyfriend took me to an evening Bible study that Slumber used to go to too. The boyfriend didn't last very long and moved but I kept going to the study. As I got to know him from the study I saw how incredibly smart he is and his huge Biblical knowledge. So I guess I've always been in love with Slumber, ever since I first saw him. :)

And we just had our 15th anniversary in October. :)

The first time I met my husband’s family I was 9. They were missionaries from the east coast to the west coast. I became a bus kid on their bus route.
I loved his voice. He has a great sense of humor and how he treated his siblings and others was what got me. I enjoyed sitting behind him in church cus I could look at His neck and broad shoulders, and hear his groovy voice. :D
His love for God, care for his people, character, work ethic, and people skills... he was like my dad, he can build anything.
He used to be a logger, to this day the forest is my favorite smell. I love it when he comes home smelling like sawdust. He sports an incredible burly beard.:p
I think my first attraction to him was watching how good he was to his family and the way he taught. It still is an attractive part of him. I always felt safe around him.
We just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary and 27 years of being in a committed relationship.

It was totally spiritual...at first. We both ended up being a part of a small home fellowship that met on shabbat. I was the newbie, and more of an observer/listener in the beginning. I sensed his heart for Yahweh and the scriptures after a while and my admiration grew. We became friends and started to plan a trip to Israel together because we both wanted to go but didnt have anyone to travel with. I will be honest, I didn't really let myself think of him in "that way" because he is 19 years my senior (gasp!). It took me a while to wrap my head around a lot of things, because this was before we started discussing patriarchy/poly and he was married, though his wife had been disabled for many years. Well now, he has sooo many attributes that I love, the age difference means nothing to me. And besides that he is so stinking cute and ornery. In his words, we are totally in the "same vein"!

I love this thread!

His wisdom. I thought he was much older than me when we first met. He's actually over a year younger lol! He was cute, joyful, happy, wise, had an amazing laugh, and he taught me so many things. I was a very new Christian when we met, and I had been in a terrible relationship before. Samuel was the exact opposite of the man I'd been with, and he led me and helped me and didn't put me down at all. When I think back to that time and the theology I had, I was in a mess, lol. He helped me sort it all out, made it all make sense.

I also always wanted to be a farmer's wife, and although he wasn't a farmer, his family lived on one (we now live on their farm too), and he was studying agriculture and soil science at university. He's incredibly intelligent, great at getting stuck in and helping dig a hole or build a fence or whatever needs doing, and is everything I ever wanted.

When we were doing a pre-marriage course with the church, there were 4 couples involved. We found it very easy and whipped through the book together. We agreed on basically everything. The others struggled and had many differences to work out. They were surprised at how similar we were and how well we got on. In saying that, we also have our differences, but those things are where we compliment each other and help each other.

We are coming up married 14 years next month.

When I met my husband it was a blind date and we weren't living a Godly life style. My first impression of him was.. @Edward geeky name and he shaves his legs.. oh my what have I got myself into. Later that night I saw him all dressed up and I was wowed. So first it was all flesh and lust.

While we were dating to would tease him about kidnapping him to Idaho and marrying him. He would in turn say, there are fools and there are bachelors and I am no fool. 4 months later we eloped in Idaho. (Long but funny story)

So we met on March 27, 1992. Married August 1, 1992 then the most important thing, we gave our lives to Messiah in October 1992.

So it started as lust and flesh. Now it is his vision for our home, the way he makes me feel loved and beautiful (especially the days I don't feel it), I melt in His eyes. He loves YaHWeH and His Word.

I met my husband at a new church my parents were attending. I had recently come out of a 4 year relationship (mostly during high school). He was very different from most guys I had spent time with. He was NOT what I thought I was looking for but as I got to know him he became what I knew I needed. He made me feel safe and that I could be myself with him. He was smart, funny and adventurous. He knew who he was (as best he could at 24) and that was very attractive since I didn't really know who I was at 21. I love his strength of conviction and love of God even though it turned our life upside down. I would not be the person I am today without him. We just celebrated our 32 anniversary!

I met @Man@Home in church as well when my parents were going to a new church. It happened to be that he just finished the school I still was going to and was going to university: very interesting! He was tall, handsome, smart en looking after me, in a period I was really having a hard time. We developed a friendship with a lot of talking, like siblings (we thought) and after 4 years we discovered we were way more then ‘just’ friends. We just celebrated our 25 anniversary.

Being proud or grateful of one’s husband isn’t something many women choose to be. Looking back at this year and years gone by, I see God’s hand of leadership, directing, provision, grace and love for our family.
I see Christ differently because of my husband.
I know Proverbs says ‘her children will raise up and call her blessed’ (I wonder if she woke her children up with warm cookies;) lol)
But I think it’s because SHE praised and thanked their daddy. There’s so much we can and should praise our husbands for.
I’m so proud of my husband, so thankful he’s shown me grace and I appreciate his way of love and leadership. I’m truly overwhelmed by his love for me.
I don’t think I would have the relationship with my Savior or see our Heavenly Father’s love and sacrifice like I have, had I not been VV76 ‘s wife. I appreciate all that he does and provides for me and our children. I am truly blessed to be married to an incredible man!!
I’m excited to see where the Lord leads him as we hit the next year.

I fell in love with him because of his assurance. It is so cheesy to look back on now, but he was 15 and I was 16, so I'm not embarassed. I had been dating his friend for a month. He liked me and I didn't know. (For the worldly girl he saw me as, I was terribly naive.) His friend and I were not a good match and I had never broken up with anyone before, so I was miserable. Curtis told me to break up with my boyfriend and date him. I was shocked and scared of breaking up with my boyfriend, because he was an old friend, but I really wanted this, because Curtis was the first man that had ever been so sure of himself and that he could take care of me. Here's the super cheesy part that I love, he told me that he would, "keep the house of cards standing." He knew he could mold me into the Godly wife and mother that I am today. Even on that long midnight phone call almost nine years ago. God knew I hadn't seen anything like that before and it would shock me into action. I saw my boyfriend two days later and broke up with him. Curt and I have been on an amazing journey ever since. We have shaped eachother and had so many wonderful experiences together and I fall more in love with him frequently.

I kind of want to add the most recent time I can think of falling in love with him just because I think it rounds things out. In January he went to Florida to try to sell roofs to homeowners with damage from the hurricane. We planned to move down there, I got rid of a lot of things and packed our house, he was down there off and on for the majority of three months, we missed eachother enormously and my two year old and three month old suffered the heartache with me. I may sound a bit dramatic, but it was very hard for us. It ended up being a failure. Curtis only sold one roof and the entire venture failed. The way Curtis came out of all of this and picked up the pieces of our life back here in Missouri, apologized for not seeing the problem sooner, came out of the ashes working for himself here at home, and really providing for us is what made me fall more in love with him. It is definitely one of our darkest periods, but I don't know anyone better to go through it with.

I love my husband and I really appreciate that you asked this question, because it was nice to put it all in one spot.

P.S. It didn't hurt that he has beautiful red hair and I have alwasys loved red heads. ;)

Love this thread (hearts) . So many cute stories.

I met my husband as a teen and I admired him because of how "manly and take charge" he was. So much so that I don't recall us even dating.... he just kinda took me and told me I was his woman... lol. I obviously agreed and we've been together ever since! He's a brilliantly intelligent, hardworking man who owns his own successful business. I admire how hard he works alllll the time. Often with little to no sleep and still makes time for the family and the Father. He's been that way since I met him and hasn't changed. Only now, he has a deeper understanding of YHWH and teaches me all the time. I'm still as much in love with him today as when we first me.

Back