• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General What makes a marriage covenant?

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You don't know the definition of the word so it's impossible to have a discussion on the subject because I won't conform to your misunderstanding of what a covenant is. Since I won't do that, we can't even discuss the thing.

I find it interesting that you refuse to read some scripture where numerous people have said there is instruction.
I would like to read the Scriptures you are referring to. I am trying to keep up but can't find where they are written in the post. I understand you are busy but when yiu have a moment can you either post them again or point me in the right direction? Bless you!!

There's no point in my engaging with anybody on a scriptural topic when they refuse to read Torah on the subject.
Once again, covenants are not on the topic of marriage. You have to prove they are before you can accuse someone of ignoring relevant scripture.

I’m quoting specific verse that are specifically about the topic. You’re saying that if I go read 284 passages, none of which references the topic, then I might learn something.

I am promulgating a specific idea and going to scripture to back it up. You won’t even tell us what you think the definition of a covenant is. And you absolutely refuse to even address where and how covenants are connected to marriage. You’re not being a serious participant in the conversation.

From my perspective, a covenant is an agreement voluntarily entered into. The contents of that agreement will vary immeasurably. Contrast that logically with a slave girl gotten by war (spoils) and she has zero ability to freely consent. I am reminded of the multiple phrases utilizing the "If you... then I will...." structure regarding The Father and His potential bride (Israel), some would call Blessings and Cursings but freedom of choice none the less.

You find me one reference to a marriage covenant and how to perform one.

It's funny to me (and of no help at all to this topic! :p ) that when Jesus attended the wedding at Cana that He didn't bother much with the covenant but instead ended up concerning Himself with the wine!

I think our Lord and Savior had his priorities in order and He was less concerned about the ceremony and was instead more concerned about what came after.

It's funny to me (and of no help at all to this topic! :p ) that when Jesus attended the wedding at Cana that He didn't bother much with the covenant but instead ended up concerning Himself with the wine!

I think our Lord and Savior had his priorities in order and He was less concerned about the ceremony and was instead more concerned about what came after.
And it was JUST wine right??? There was a reason it was recorded.

This is an excellent point. He completely ratified the existing marriage structure by not only attending the event but taking His mother and a keg.

Back