• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What would you want more of out of your spouse?

John_John916

Ladies and Gents. I was thinking of asking a question of what does both a Man and his Wives would like more in their relationship. Looks like a lot of you have a lot to share to people who are new to PM and may hit a sharp turn in the beginning. Man how would you keep the spark alive and try to even everything out for Family, friends and yourself. And ladies same for you. :)

Reading and practicing the majority of the advice in "Light Her Fire", ("Light His Fire" for women) by Ellen Kreidman would be a real good place to start.

Nearly 20 years old, these inexpensive paperbacks are still in print 'cause their advice still WORKS!

Thanks for the reference, I was also interested in Women Can Win the Marriage Lottery: Share Your Man With Another Wife. That should also help a lot.

The same things work for poly marriages as for mono marriages, like:

Never take each other for granted
Never try to read minds
Never expect your mate to read your mind
Always try to bring out the positive in your mate

One thing I try to remember is that I should accept from my mate everything that I accept from my best friend (BFF's are included in this as well)
If you think it is okay for you best friend to forget to call you, give hubby grace (or BFF)
If you think it is okay for you best friend to change an appointment, give hubby the same grace (or BFF)
If you forgive your best friend for saying something mean, then you must give hubby and/or BFF the same grace
If you forgive your best friend for occassionally being selfish, then you must forgive hubby and/or BFF for being selfish occassionally

Most of all, we are only on this planet for a short season. Enjoy each other. We never know when we will leave this life, so we should appreciate the people God has given us as much as possible.

Do not depend on your spouse or BFF for your feelings. Go to God with that, enjoy your spouse and BFF for who they are and what they do.

SweetLissa

I agree completely with you Sweetlissa. Do not expect perfection from each other and enjoy your time together. Oh and guys....NEVER forget the chocolate....it works very well here!!!! :D

A relationship can be allowed to wither without a daily dose of spoken love and shared prayer.
Over confidence in a good relationship is risking the future.
Sin shared is still sin, purity shared is never boring.
New love words show an effort, but old love words still bring comfort.
A back rub smiles through the back door of the heart.
Foot rubs originated in paradise
Kiss me once, hug on me.
Kiss me twice, hug on you.
Kiss me thrice starts something nice.

I find that wanting more out of a spouse is helped by finding more out of me.

Back