• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where Have All the Men Gone?

Doc

Real Person
. . Found this article online, thought I would drop it here for comment

chuck-norris.jpg

http://www.shrinkthechurch.com/2010/05/ ... -men-gone/

Blessings

Excellent article sir. I disagree with his proposed solutions, although I did love the "give us the location without the expectation" line. Very prescient. And the premise is dead on, men do not even go to church for the most part, yet alone participate. I think the solution is casting the vision for who men are called to be, not what they're called to do.

Close, but no cigar.

He was on the right track in the first few paragraphs, when he seemed to be headed toward the understanding that the issue really IS a spiritual one. Then he simply got scared, apparently, to tell the truth:

the modern megachurch is infested by a spirit that is just plain wrong. Call it "feminism", call it anti-christ, or call it "Jezebel"; it is about teaching "another Jesus", one who is fickle, untrustworthy, capricious, changes his mind, and puts far more emphasis on a fake egalitarian "equality" than on the Written Word.

It's a lie. Most men who actually DO "seek Him" seem to recognize that, and reject the false -- even if they've never had a chance to hear the Truth spoken in one of Caesar's Corporate MegaCenters. Sadly, I think many of the women sense it as well, but have been equally deceived for so long that they try to compensate by a lot of "sound and fury, signifying nothing". Macbeth, in other words, not Scripture.

Cecil's comment: Yu-u-up!

In spirit I tend to agree with Mark, my Mom joined a (I think Wisconsin Synod, the more fundamental one anyway) Lutheren Church about 4 years ago and was telling me how their denomination is one of the few that actually tends to have more men then women. They arn't super equal opportunity like the Mega-Churches though, women don't even get a vote in meetings. My own church has a nice balance, women do vote in the general meetings but can't hold offices of the clergy (they can be something like secretary or treasurer). We don't have the gender imbalance issue either (in fact there are no available or extra women, much to my shagrin :)

The churches with this problem tend to be totally egalitarian in management don't they? At least the ones I know of are.

Back