• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where is family purpose today?

cbv3123

We have been looking for a sw for a little while now and have noticed the different motivations for people. From what we understand Plural marriage is about efficiency in achieving a purpose. Whatever your purpose is ask yourself does this maximize your ability to acomplish it. We believe we have callings and purpose not just as individuals but as families as well. That is our motivation effiency in purpose. maxiumize love, support, security, time, energy, and etc. for a common purpose that brings fullfillment and happiness to us all. What we haven't found is a sense of purpose in those who have contacted us. I Believe if you Have a higher purpose in your family it is much easier to live this way because you realize this family is about more than self or him or her it is about purpose. Alot of families live without purpose today so I would guess one wife would be sufficient, even with purpose one could be sufficient, but 2or more would be about efficiency. I believe we need To emphasize the role purpose plays in plural marriage. Come on men you are our heads give us your direction and let us help achieve it. Give us a purpose for our families, it might cut down on the petty issues that come with poly families. To the couples that are looking let the potential know you have a purpose and she has a place in it. Keep us in your prayers and we love the board, really been enjoying it.

Thanks for your post.

I am very new to the idea of plural marriage and have been reading a lot of material on line lately. Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming trying to digest all the advice and opinions. Your post was like a breath of fresh air. It gave me focus and direction through the maze I have been navigating. I feel confident I am on the right path and pray that I'll be ready if I am called.
I thank all who take the time to post here. It's a pricelss resource in a world that ridicules those that seek the Truth by following the Word.

Back