• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Who is the boss of your house?

Australian news from 1961

This was interesting. We have been on the wrong track for a while.

I think this is part of the reason polygamy (even as a real but remote possibly) is important. It helps reinforce patriarchy, and patriarchy is the created order.

The monogamy only folks like to suggest that "monogamy" is the created order. It isn't, and polygamy isn't either, patriarchy is.

And now for something completely different. Is too much fuss made over bosoms?

I'm having a hard time imagining how anyone could make too much fuss over bosoms . . .

Last one, I promise. They keep coming up on my Youtube now and I find them fascinating.
There are some absolute gems in this one.
"Women are in great danger of being dominated by women..."
What I also find interesting is that in the above two videos there was no Australian accent. It was very British. I thought it was in England at first! In this last one, 10-15 years later, you can start to hear the classic Australian accent coming through.

It was very British. I thought it was in England at first! In this last one, 10-15 years later, you can start to hear the classic Australian accent coming through.

How odd.

I've noticed something of the opposite in America. We're loosing our regional accents thanks to media. There are accents which I heard in old recordings which just don't exist anymore.

How odd.

I've noticed something of the opposite in America. We're loosing our regional accents thanks to media. There are accents which I heard in old recordings which just don't exist anymore.
In NZ, our singers tend to have American accents when they sing because we hear so much American music. Even I do it when I sing sometimes which drives Samuel nuts lol.

The 'American' accent you most hear in media (esp. news) is kind of a clean mid-western/middle American sound. We hear it as more free of accent than anything. Public schooling and TV made this broad and common in the country. As did our economic system which forces significant portions of our young people to move across the country and concentrate in the metros. Most of our regions all had different accents from that. My state alone has at least 3 or 4 different regional accents.

Common music has the media sound. But not rap (inner city) nor late 20th century country music (which commonly has an Oklahoma twang). Come to think of it I think most of our music styles have different accents, owing to their histories.

Last one, I promise. They keep coming up on my Youtube now and I find them fascinating.
There are some absolute gems in this one.
"Women are in great danger of being dominated by women..."
What I also find interesting is that in the above two videos there was no Australian accent. It was very British. I thought it was in England at first! In this last one, 10-15 years later, you can start to hear the classic Australian accent coming through.
I'm not in any way an expert on Australian history, but didn't Australia sort of court English workers in the post WW2 era? I think that's how the BeeGees ended up being Australians who were actually from the Isle of Man, and returned to Britain after fame and fortune. Perhaps these are British expats.

I'm not in any way an expert on Australian history, but didn't Australia sort of court English workers in the post WW2 era? I think that's how the BeeGees ended up being Australians who were actually from the Isle of Man, and returned to Britain after fame and fortune. Perhaps these are British expats.
No, those would still be just the odd person, and everyone in these videos sounds British. I'd say it's mainly because Australia had been a colony of Britain for so much less time and had not yet diverged into having a different accent. Some would be immigrants from Britain, but the majority would be second to fourth generation Aussies - but from families that had originally come from Britain.

Other than the Greeks of course!

Back