• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Who would you prefer? (Hypothetically)

cbv3123

Ok ladies, I have a question for you...If you had to choose, who would you prefer? A poor man worth a million or a rich man not worth 10 cents? I ask every lady who reads this to reply, I'm working on a much larger post contingent on these answers. No right or wrong answer analysis, so one word answers will suffice. I want to ask a few questions over this coming week. Just have fun with it!

I want one man worth a million and I don't care about $. I was born with nothing and I will die with nothing. That doesn't mean it is easy, but a worthy man who is trustworthy, works hard, cares for his family and encourages his loves to follow God is worth more than diamonds, rubies, gold or diamonds.

But a Sister/wife who can cook is like heaven.

SweetLissa

Money can only go so far. Having a godly, loving husband is priceless. I'll take the loving husband, please!

I was talking about T, she is the cook in this family. I cook but not that well.

No doubt about it...money just isn't what matters. With or without money I have everything I ever wanted in a husband. I'll take the good man over the rich one any day.

Each member of a family, like the notes in a chord adds beauty to the music of life

I have the poor man worth a million, and I am very happy with him!!! I think of him like a great investment. I bought low (we were- still are- both poor college kids) and I have been getting GREAT interest on my initial investment. LOL!

But ditto on the SW with domestic skills. I am completely 'bankrupt' in the area of domestic engineering!

I just want my man. I just want him to be happy and feel fulfilment in his work. I want him to feel strong and like he provides well for our family. I've had him rich in finances and poor in finances. I've had him rich in spirit and poor in spirit. I just want him, no matter what he is, and how he is in finances or in spirit is God's business.

Greetings DeeAnn,

Amen to that truth! Couldn't agree more. :) How are you by the way? It's good to see you post here again. I tried sending you a pm today, but for some reason it wouldn't go through. I'll try again tomorrow. God be with thee, guide thee, protect & bless thee! :)

Warm Wishes,
F.S.

I have to agree with all the other ladies on here. I want DH. We have been having enormous financial problems lately, but no matter how poor we get financially, I could never and have never felt more loved and respected as I have with him. He is a wonderful man and I wouldn't trade him for a rich man (no matter how godly he was). I never have been rich and never want to be. Money changes people and I don't want anything to change him from the wonderful man God made.

Lindsay

I have been a nurse for 7 years and if there is just one lesson I've learned in that time, it's that you don't take material posessions with you. Ever. It doesn't matter how rich you are, what you had in life, etc... in the end it is FAMILY and LOVED ONES that matter and that is it. I would rather have a poor man with a heart of gold! This kind of makes me laugh, when I met my husband almost 8 years ago he had just gotten divorced from his first wife and was living in a depressing studio apartment with no furniture. Thankfully over the years our hard work has afforded us a better place to live and furniture to go in it ;) but that never mattered to me. I love my DH with all of my heart.
Kacy

...A poor man worth a million..in the "now" generation its hard to find a guy who's responsible enough.. :? ..a poor man who will bring his kids to the church and teach them their memory verse and a man you can be at peace is more than any riches this world can offer.. we may not have any riches in this world let us make sure we'll the riches in heaven God promised for his children.. God Bless..

I would perfer a poor man worth a million, oh the many trials I have had to go through to come to that understanding. Thank you for posting this.

I had to read this a few times to really understand what you were asking. I view my DH as a rich man but financialy we aren't worth ten cents. My Dh is rich in love and spirit but as far as money goes the Lord provides all that we need. Our finances have been a subject of great debate and there is something to be said for being a good steward which is something niether of us were taught as children. We are now learning and teaching our children along the way. So I guess what I am saying is that while I must say it seems that loads of money would solve a few problems and the wordly part of me dreams of winning the lottery and building my dream home and living happily ever after, My spirit is well aware of the added responsibility and temptation money brings.

I just remembered a time in our marriage when Dh was making alot of money and our actual bills were almost nothing in comparison. I now know this was a test and we failed miserably we squandered every penny and ended up with nothing to show for it and a crumbling marriage. Thank God for his grace and wisdom the lessons we learned then have stregnthend our union and our spirits.

I hope I answered your question and thak you for the walk down memory lane I needed that.

Cass

cbv3123 said:
Ok ladies, I have a question for you...If you had to choose, who would you prefer? A poor man worth a million or a rich man not worth 10 cents? I ask every lady who reads this to reply, I'm working on a much larger post contingent on these answers. No right or wrong answer analysis, so one word answers will suffice. I want to ask a few questions over this coming week. Just have fun with it!

I have been unhappily married for 9 years. He started out as a poor man who was not worth 10 cents. Now he is a rich man, but he's still not worth 10 cents. Recently he started earning $10,000 a month. I don't care how little or how much money he makes, I'm still unhappily married and am looking for ways out. I won't be requesting alimony or child support from him either. My mind wasn't right when I married him. I was lonely and desperate at the time, not thinking clearly.

So to answer your question, I'd prefer a poor man worth a million. It's OK to be poor. I've been there. There's always a way out of that. But without love, life is torture.

Hi Cherish,

I would like to reccomend a book called "Created to be his helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. You will not regret reading it. It gives you the information about what power God gave you in a marriage.

Back