• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why aren't there any real shows about Christian Polygyny?

Revgill87123

Male
I mean why does it seem like every is hopping on the poly band wagon, but yet all are mormon? I mean for lifetime tv to call me and ask me if I knew any non-mormon christian people in a plural marriage is kinda sad,lol. I told them yes but it is harder for us too find some one and more so about coming out of the closet about it when we do.

To me after being a devout mormon for a few years I realised that wasn't what Christ was about and that Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet. I couldn't honestly stand there on fast Sunday and claim this.

I also explained to them that I get approached A LOT by women who are morman as well and have yet too really be approached by non-morman (Ok with the exceptions of wiccans and athiest) witch none of the above is acceptable to me.

So I guess the answer is simple yet complicated? Is it that we are wanting rights, but not yet really wanting too stand up for them? I really want to know. Cause honestly I am kinda tired of being compaired to a morman every time I turn around and then have people baffled when I explain I am not. Ehhh maybe one day? Sooner then later I hope we will see true Christian polys on the tube. Till then I guess the Browns are all we have, now that Bill is dead,lol.

Re: Why aren't there any real shows about Christian Polygyny

True, the idea of plural anywhere else other than in a Mormon context seems odd to the media. And even though on this forum it sometimes seems an old subject (evidence we tend to get lost in other subjects not even related to plural sometimes). There are people that visit this site and are surprised that there are Christians plural friendly and dare to support the idea with theological basis and Christian values.

Back