• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Why His Name [His REAL Name!] is SO Important

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I have long suggested that a big problem with much of 'professing xtianity' is that people do not understand what it means to "come in the Name of" the Master. And I contend that the single best example in His Book about the 'precedent' for that understanding that exemplifies the "good and faithful servant" is from the story of Abraham's un-named servant in Genesis chapter 24.

But as to His Name, it is the essential crux of the entire Book of Exodus. And the 'why' beyond the why of what He showed Moses, 'kol Israel,' Egypt, and even Pharaoh: "ki ani YHVH."
There's far more to it than most have considered, I will contend. And it's related to His demonstration of why, although His Name appears in the Book of Genesis fully 165 times, and he identified Himself BY His Name YHVH to both Abraham and Yakov, He also says in this Torah portion that "by My Name Yahuah I did not make myself known to them."
So, why is His Real Name, as Written over 7000 time in Scripture - and REMOVED! - and replaced with 'the LORD" instead of what He actually SAID, so important?

Last edited:
I don’t consume any sacred namer type material.
If 'only He knows His name' does that make it sacred? 😁

Actually, His name is very important and He reveals it in multiple times and ways...

Joel 2:30“I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, Blood, fire and columns of smoke.
31“The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
32“And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD Will be delivered; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem There will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Seems kind of important to know His name at that point....

Neither Christendom nor Judaism put any stock in knowing His name (both actively teach against knowing His name ).... but, Scripture counsels otherwise!

Pro. 18:10The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.

Metaphor? Or, a clue?

Jer. 16:19 O LORD, my strength and my stronghold, And my refuge in the day of distress, To You the nations will come From the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood, Futility and things of no profit.”
20Can man make gods for himself? Yet they are not gods!
21“Therefore behold, I am going to make them know— This time I will make them know My power and My might; And they shall know that My name is YHVH.”

YHVH = Yahweh or some say Yahuah... maybe Yehovah. .. in any case, it doesn't mean 'the LORD,' an inserted title that replaced 7000! places in the Hebrew where He signed His Name!

Seems kinda important... 😉

I welcome any feedback or honest questions from anyone who actually has the heart of a Berean, and seeks to "rightly divide the Word of Truth" for themselves.

Honestly, I'm disappointed at the level of immaturity and hypocrisy shown directly above, but will not respond further to people who demonize and label something they are ignorant about.

The focus of this teaching is literally the central point of the entire Book of Exodus/Shemot.

I encourage people to listen, The midrash is directed at those with "ears to hear," not scoffers. But the point of midrash is to let "iron sharpen iron," not cut off learning about His Word, much less WHY He says "ki ani YHVH" over 160 TIMES in Scripture.

Thanks, Pete,
...Seems kind of important to know His name at that point....

Neither Christendom nor Judaism put any stock in knowing His name (both actively teach against knowing His name ).... but, Scripture counsels otherwise!

One of the things I note {again) in this midrash is that Pharaoh, when initially confronted by Moses and Aaron, and told, "Thus says YHVH, the Elohim of Israel, let my people go..." is that he responds arrogantly (and it's important to get the quote right, as recorded - because Pharaoh would've been HAPPY to say, 'I know the LORD' - 'cause that what he thought he saw in the mirror!)

"Who is this YHVH? I KNOW HIM NOT!"

To which we see the answer is, 'You will!'

If 'only He knows His name' does that make it sacred? 😁

Actually, His name is very important and He reveals it in multiple times and ways...

Joel 2:30“I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, Blood, fire and columns of smoke.
31“The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
32“And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD Will be delivered; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem There will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Seems kind of important to know His name at that point....

Pro. 18:10The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.

Metaphor? Or, a clue?

Jer. 16:19 O LORD, my strength and my stronghold, And my refuge in the day of distress, To You the nations will come From the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood, Futility and things of no profit.”
20Can man make gods for himself? Yet they are not gods!
21“Therefore behold, I am going to make them know— This time I will make them know My power and My might; And they shall know that My name is YHVH.”

YHVH = Yahweh or some say Yahuah... maybe Yehovah. .. in any case, it doesn't mean 'the LORD,' an inserted title that replaced 7000! places in the Hebrew where He signed His Name!

Seems kinda important... 😉
So what’s written on His thigh that only He knows?

I have long suggested that a big problem with much of 'professing xtianity' is that people do not understand what it means to "come in the Name of" the Master. And I contend that the single best example in His Book about the 'precedent' for that understanding that exemplifies the "good and faithful servant" is from the story of Abraham's un-named servant in Genesis chapter 24.

But as to His Name, it is the essential crux of the entire Book of Exodus. And the 'why' beyond the why of what He showed Moses, 'kol Israel,' Egypt, and even Pharaoh: "ki ani YHVH."
There's far more to it than most have considered, I will contend. And it's related to His demonstration of why, although His Name appears in the Book of Genesis fully 165 times, and he identified Himself BY His Name YHVH to both Abraham and Yakov, He also says in this Torah portion that "by My Name Yahuah I did not make myself known to them."
So, why is His Real Name, as Written over 7000 time in Scripture - and REMOVED! - and replaced with 'the LORD" instead of what He actually SAID, so important?

So basically you are saying that it is critical we realize God's name is actually YHVH = Yahweh, which means I AM or I AM who I AM. (I am responding to the post, having not listened to the linked audio.)

He Himself is the absolute fundamental Reality. He is defined by no one, and nothing outside Himself, and He created and defines all that is. Is that correct?

The Bible translators should use the word Yahweh or even just the letters JHVH instead of LORD for clarification and accuracy.

I think most of us here (and especially the Torah guys here) already understand that and agree.

When I read "LORD" in the Bible, I understand that we are talking about the Fundamental Reality Himself, the One who created all things. When I read the word "LORD", I realize Yahweh is in view.

When I read "before Abraham was born, I AM", I realize that the eternal self existent Logos Himself is with us.

Maybe some ignorant Christians don't get this, but most moderately serious ones do.

I'm not saying this.. Scripture is saying this. And yes, if you'll read the translator's notes in the front of your Bible they'll tell you that they intentionally mistranslate out of defference to those offended by the use of the Name.

Not immature or hypocritical enough for you?
No, on the 'immature' and 'hypocritical' scales, you peg both needles. That's clearly your primary qualification as "moderator".

Enough already. His Name is too important a point - He says so! - to be dismissed, trivialized, and mocked by "blind fools". (See, I was kind.)

So basically you are saying that it is critical we realize God's name is actually YHVH = Yahweh, which means I AM or I AM who I AM. (I am responding to the post, having not listened to the linked audio.)

No, not at all. But I appreciate your candor in admitting you didn't hear the audio, so you don't realize that's not at ALL what I said, or among the points being made.

(And the 'sacred namer' BS is just flatulence, not even remotely related to ANYTHING in the intent of the thread, before the hijack attempt.)

Peter certainly understands the reference. (...ki ani YHVH)

And the 'sacred namer' BS is just flatulence, not even remotely related to ANYTHING in the intent of the thread, before the hijack attempt.)
I’m sorry but you’re hitting all the talking points a sacred namer does, even though you’re not even using the “name”, you’re using the acronym. You’re using a nickname at best.

I’m sorry but you’re hitting all the talking points a sacred namer does...
ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!

"You're hitting all the talking points an Idiot Namer does," who can't handle the Scripture as Written, so calls people names instead.

And you DON'T EVEN KNOW THE 'talking points' I HIT - BECAUSE YOU ADMIT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE. So go back to your mirror and admire your reflection.

I'm happy to answer questions, and engage in debate from Scripture with people who actually care about what He Wrote, and says (and the numbers are in the midrash) 'many times' is WHY He did what He did, and will do.

The comments that reflect a 'knee-jerk' refusal to simply respect what He said make it clear that some here (sadly, who make a mockery of the concept of 'moderator') that -- even in the ghetto -- you aren't interested in His Word.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!

"You're hitting all the talking points an Idiot Namer does," who can't handle the Scripture as Written, so calls people names instead.

And you DON'T EVEN KNOW THE 'talking points' I HIT - BECAUSE YOU ADMIT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE. So go back to your mirror and admire your reflection.

I'm happy to answer questions, and engage in debate from Scripture with people who actually care about what He Wrote, and says (and the numbers are in the midrash) 'many times' is WHY He did what He did, and will do.

The comments that reflect a 'knee-jerk' refusal to simply respect what He said make it clear that some here (sadly, who make a mockery of the concept of 'moderator') that -- even in the ghetto -- you aren't interested in His Word.
You really got hot under the collar about this Mark. You’re throwing around a lot of insults but you’re not actually addressing the point. Yahweh is not a name. It’s an acronym for a sentence. If you are right and using the sacred name is of vital importance then you have to be consistent and use the name He gave, the complete sentence “I am that I am”. Unless you think that the first “I am” is only prefacing the name and the name is actually “That I am.” Either way, Yahweh is not the name.

I have been informed by 'another moderator' that some (especially those who don't frequent the 'messianic ghetto' to begin with, evidently) aren't willing to spend the time to actually listen to a study of the Word of YHVH that can't be printed out for them in simple sound bites they can mock with monosyllables. (It reminds me in no small measure of how the Fauci-suck-ups like to call people who see through their Poison Poke "anti-vaxxers.")

Sorry, but maybe that's why His Word isn't a pamphlet, or a tract they can treat like a chocolate bunny and stomach. After all, His Name YHVH was REMOVED (as Pete correctly noted, and it a part of the teaching, but also one that most actual students already know) and replaced by a real 'nickname' -- the LORD, in all caps -- over 7000 times in the KJV (et al.)

That phrase - which has NOTHING to do with the idiocy of whatever-the-hell 'sacred naming' is - "ki ani YHVH" is the heart of His Instruction in the Book of Exodus, but also appears REPEATEDLY in the prophets (66 times in Ezekiel alone!) and over 160 times in Scripture.

The hubris of Ignorant Fools who call Him a liar, and say He doesn't know what He means, when He repeats it THAT OFTEN is staggering. But not surprising.

So, for those who actually DO have an interest in why He said what He did, and the point of the study, here is a guide for those who are even a tiny bit more Berean than Revolting. (...not saying much, but still...)

This first direct link is the Torah portion alone, as an introduction with commentary. It's about 40 minutes:

For those that think they already know all that, but might still want to actually understand why I posted this thread and put up with endure mockers and scoffers, here is the direct link to the "Torah 501" teaching that they won't tolerate:

If you are right and using the sacred name is of vital importance...
Don'tcha just hate it when Blithering Idiots who won't even listen, much less read, try to tell you what you said, but lie about it, too? Or, maybe they just like making up strawmen.

He doesn't KNOW what I said. Didn't listen - admits it. And then tries to get people to believe I said something that is UTTERLY IRRELEVANT besides. And put words in my mouth.

But what really pisses me off is when he mocks Scripture to do it. And THAT is a 'moderator'?

So - I challenge any Bereans to listen, and respond, if you would like, to what this thread was actually about.

@Mark C, I agree @The Revolting Man kicked this off in a rude manner but he's completely right here:
You’re throwing around a lot of insults but you’re not actually addressing the point.
I understand that you're upset that you've been called a "sacred namer". But if you won't say why that is wrong (even saying you don't even know what a "sacred namer" is), and only call the person who said it a "blithering idiot", you're being ridiculous. You could address critiques like that in a single paragraph, instead we have multiple verbose replies from you just claiming you aren't going to answer because the answers are already buried somewhere in a 2 hour audio file.

If you're not going to answer, don't answer. This is a discussion forum. Discuss the points under consideration, or don't post.

Be very clear that I'm not taking a side in this discussion - @PeteR made an excellent contribution to the discussion with his well-reasoned and informative posts above in defence of your perspective. So did @Bartato from a different angle. And @The Revolting Man's very succinct posts, other than the silly comment about being "immature or hypocritical", have been bluntly addressing actual issues under discussion. You are the only person talking around the issues and not actually addressing them, just advertising your podcast.

But as to His Name, it is the essential crux of the entire Book of Exodus.

There's far more to it than most have considered, I will contend.

His Name appears in the Book of Genesis fully 165 times, and he identified Himself BY His Name YHVH to both Abraham and Yakov,

These are all sacred namer talking points Mark. For once you laid out a clear opinion, “The real name of God is vitally important and others are trying to suppress it but I know what we should call Him.”

I don’t even completely disagree on a few of these points. But I didn’t commit any violence to you or scripture by pointing out that you’re not being thorough in the application of your conclusions. Yahweh is no the name that God identified Himself by. If the real name is important, then use the real name.

Back