• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Why His Name [His REAL Name!] is SO Important

OK. It is clear I have a problem with Zec. I believe he came onto a thread that he has no interest in giving an honest hearing (and he said so up front) - knowing full well the REAL issue (Why His Name is Important - and He says so HIMSELF!) and came only to scoff, and then exercise a cheap tactic: when you can't handle the facts, lump the topic and the argument into a dismissive pile; i.e., 'sacred namer.'

It's a bit like calling someone the N-word, or a honkey cracker, and then expecting them to answer your bigotry about CRT. You know they aren't gonna listen, and "it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

I DO expect FAR better from a so-called moderator.

I understand that you're upset that you've been called a "sacred namer".
I did, and you saw the result, directly above.
These are all sacred namer talking points Mark.
"Those are all things [white racists - homphobes - transphobes - fill-in-the-blank] say."

I contend that he was not trying to...
Discuss the points under consideration, or don't post.
But to DERAIL a discussion about a serious, admittedly detailed, Scripturally-supported (at some length) LINKED teaching, that reduction to "sound bites" deliberately obscures.

Continuing the analogy that outlines my revulsion: Imagine a thread about why children can't do math, and aren't being taught to THINK. Someone comes in and says "those are all White Racist Talking Points!" - but they won't even listen to the introductory evidence about why children can't do math. This country is a mess because people who won't listen seek first to DERAIL 'discussion' about the issue THAT THE THREAD WAS ABOUT. And then threaten the author (you know what I'm talking about Samuel, or should!)

But I did answer the REAL POINT, repeatedly. As did YHVH:
"ki ani YHVH." And He says things LIKE (detailed in that presentation that Zec not only won't listen to, but has tried to short-circuit with UNRELATED distraction, which I've seen before)

'The phrase appears..." I said, citing facts - and it was quoted directly above, with this brilliant reposte:
These are all sacred namer talking points Mark.
I could CARE LESS how someone attempts to demonize the speaker of points they don't want heard, and are intellectually unable to refute!!!

But they get away with it when people refuse to even HEAR the evidence ('cause, as you noted, it's just too HARD to listen to something that might take some time, or - heaven forbid - effort)
-- but get away with it because a dumbed-down populace only wants sound-bites. Imagine asking them to read the whole Book, of say, Exodus! I went through, in a few minutes, as just part of the issue, why "ki ani YHVH" is CENTRAL to understanding the 'new thing' He did.

But Zec can't be bothered to listen. Even said so. It's easier to call names. Yup, so I went with 'idiot' (and a few others you may know, Samuel.)

If you're not going to answer, don't answer. This is a discussion forum. Discuss the points under consideration, or don't post.
I already did. And even repeated it for the benefit of any Bereans who haven't YET "studied for themselves."

And I can, and WILL, respond to honest questions, in the spirit of "iron sharpens iron." But that is not what I saw demonstrated.

Example, in here:
That phrase - which has NOTHING to do with the idiocy of whatever-the-hell 'sacred naming' is - "ki ani YHVH" is the heart of His Instruction in the Book of Exodus, but also appears REPEATEDLY in the prophets (66 times in Ezekiel alone!) and over 160 times in Scripture.

Is "YHVH" an acronym? Fine. He IS, after all, the Creator, Who can do whatever He wants, and call Himself whatever He wants, whenever He wants. That has NOTHING to DO with what He said His Name is, and WHY! And, in this context, that's a distraction. Because the point is:

He, who said "ki ani YHVH" - also said before that (Exodus 3:15)
“Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘YHVH Elohah of your fathers...Elohah of Abraham, Elohah of Isaac, and Elohah of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.'

Do I have to argue that what He said is His Name "forever" is worth actually discussing in a forum dedicated to the Truth of His Word?

Oh, wait - I did!!!!

PS> And for anybody - again - who actually has an interest in what the reason for the thread actually IS, "ki ani YHVH," and if you don't know what that MEANS - it's here. With links.

He, who said "ki ani YHVH" - also said before that (Exodus 3:15)
“Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘YHVH Elohah of your fathers...Elohah of Abraham, Elohah of Isaac, and Elohah of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.'
Wait, so which name is it now? Is it this whole paragraph? The last name given before the pronouncement “This is my name forever” was Elohah of Jacob. Why suddenly are you fixated on a different name?

This is the problem with the sacred namer stuff, we’re given all sorts of titles and honorifics for God, but we’re never actually given a name. I think the problem might be in how we think of the English word name. I’m not sure about that though.

Wait, so which name is it now? Is it this whole paragraph? The last name given before the pronouncement “This is my name forever” was Elohah of Jacob. Why suddenly are you fixated on a different name?

This is the problem with the sacred namer stuff, we’re given all sorts of titles and honorifics for God, but we’re never actually given a name. I think the problem might be in how we think of the English word name. I’m not sure about that though.
EVERY single 'question' that is even remotely related to the topic of this thread has been answered - in detail, with the reason WHY - in the link I posted. (And you're the guy who claims to be able to recognize a "title" when you see it, like 'God of Yakov,' et al.) Why not the obvious here?)

(And I can't help but note that if I had posted in the "Links of Interest," where people could've just listened, it would probably have been swapped to the Torah Ghetto by now anyway, and/or locked. Yet I don't see these complaints being echoed by 'moderators' on threads where somebody posts a link, and discussion that follows ACTUALLY RELATES to the link!)

As for that second paragraph, just exactly HOW is it that Exodus 3:15 didn't specifically address whatever the complaint is?

And, somehow this fits, from John 5:45-46:
"“But if you do not believe his Writings, how will you believe My words?”

One more try:

I posted a LINK to a two-part set of teachings that I thought, JUST MAYBE, somebody here might find interesting, even valuable.

I am - as always - more than happy to have a productive, 'iron sharpens iron,' discussion about what it is that I posted and posited. To wit, that His Name (as given, repeatedly) is important, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, why. And that is why there is exposition, and Scripture, and a conclusion offered.

And I'm more than happy to defend and discuss that.

Furthermore, I can guarantee that ANY INDIVIDUAL who actually listens to it will recognize irrelevant distractions and flatulence designed to distract from that WHY that was the real issue in this thread instantly. And will be able to tell who has even a modicum of interest in the TOPIC, and who does not, but only wishes to mock and label.

All those Name Mockers had to do was just click on the link, even.

This is the text from the link itself that outlines exactly what the midrash is about, and the "WHY" that is the real crux:

"The Erev Shabbat reading includes what Mark argues is the exposition of the single most important point in the story, that, while His Name, YHVH, IS in fact, Written in the Book of Genesis, “by My Name YHVH,” He says, “I did not make Myself KNOWN to them.”

"So what does that mean?"

Which is exactly what the Sabbath day midrash explores. And it is one of the most fundamental understandings in Scripture, and in history. And certainly in prophecy. Because He says so.

“Vayeira: Why is His Name SO Important?”

And when it comes to prophecy, and where we are, and what is to come, recognize that “I AM” is more inclusive than we may realize. Think about “I WILL BE What I AM!”

So, Samuel, who claims,
You could address critiques like that in a single paragraph, instead we have multiple verbose replies from you just claiming you aren't going to answer because the answers are already buried somewhere in a 2 hour audio file.
No, they were right there in the POSTED link. Again, all it took was enough integrity to simply LOOK and see what was already there.

The "I won't answer scoffers who mock His Word and call those who quote it 'sacred namers' response" was because I saw what ANYONE WHO BOTHERED to DO SO already knew.

Asked, and answered.

Now, one more time. If there are actual questions that have to do with the actual THREAD, and the WHY question that highlighted it - I'm happy to answer.

PS> It even addresses the so-called 'acronym.' Because the WHY has to do with His character, and what He DID, and what He WILL DO. Can we actually talk about that?

Last edited:
Back