• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why large (biblical) families are the best

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I was going to add this to the words of the wise, but this is both truthful and humorous....and relative to the larger ministry here, as many biblical families (like ours) is monagamous....but larger. :)
I dont have a lot of time right now to comment personally.....but will say that I loved having 'bout THIRTY first cousins! :p

The original post is here by @DontheBeeMan. I am copying and pasting.

Welcome you are joining a family that Loves you
Oftentimes people believe being one of twenty something first cousins means being lost in the shuffle, to me it just means I have twenty something more people who know exactly what Im feeling. My family is absolutely everything to me, and I’m sure many people can say that, but being born into this family is the reason I am who I am today. There are so many reasons why being surrounded by an abundance of people can be a hassle, but most of the time there are so many benefits the good outweighs the annoying.

1. You actually don’t have to make friends. Being born with a built in system of people who automatically have to love you. That means having twenty something people who are born having to appreciate me even when they hate me, and that’s better than a friend. And usually that means not having to make plans on the weekend because one of your cousins is probably doing something fun.
  2. You always know when a guy/girl really likes you. Because honestly who wants to put up with the constant interrogation that is a Sunday night dinner as a new significant other if they don’t really like you.
  3. When you dump someone, your entire family automatically dumps them too. Loyalty is a pro within this huge system. And if they don’t, they pretend to hate them along with you.
  4. Your support system is made up of dozens of people who genuinely care about you. When you experience loss, you experience it together. When you experience death, you are all a unit and even though all of your hearts are broken, they are broken together. There are truly times that I would have never gotten through without my family, because they understood the same loss and were equally as broken. These people support you like no one else will, because no matter what you’re in it together.
  5. The parties are insane. Weddings, holidays, birthdays and a Sunday night is more food, laughing and slide comments than your friends have ever had. Attending a huge families event is like being a member, you are automatically included because one of them invited you. Big families are the best to party with, because they don’t care about looking stupid, the dance moves are some of the best (worst) you will ever see and that is what makes it so awesome.
  6. Let’s be real, one of your cousins/aunts/ uncles has messed up worse than you have. Someone in the family has done something way worse than the thing you thought your parents would be pissed at you for. Even if your parents act like it’s the end of the world, your grandma will remember when your dad did the exact same thing in high school GOTCHA Dad.
  7. You have a better sense of humor because you were able to develop a thicker skin. You have developed a knack for understanding your family and their dry wit and sometimes obscene sense of humor even if it is based around your latest dating conquest from time to time.
  8. People talk about you as though you’re infamous, Oh you’re one of the ____ insert family name here, I Know your aunt, uncle, mom, dad, grandfather, great uncle. Sometimes I truly think my family is like the Kardashians of Las Vegas, sagas included.
  9. Your friends want to hangout with your family. Growing up every person I met was super curious if my family was a part of some weird cult or why we spent so much time together so they wanted to explore what that was about and never stopped coming. Having friends want to be around your family is the most fun.
  10. There’s always someone who has been there before you. There is usually one person in your family who has tried a job, college major, or a city before you. Having a person who has forged a life you could be somewhat interested in is one of the best things. Being able to look for advice, recommendations on hotels, colleges and even the best bars in town is like a guidebook to life, without even paying for it.
And these ten things are what makes my family, and all large families the best. This is for my cousins, thank you for being the best people In my life even when you aren’t. I love you all and not just because you’re stuck with me

I love this! Thank you for posting it! :)

Y'all realize I hope, that it was not my list??

I just didn't want something that good to get lost in an intro thread.

No one ever has to be alone in a large family. There’s always someone who will talk to you.
As the mom of many....I could use more alone time. I understand why many moms send their children to school. I would never.....but trying to keep 5 or more going in the right direction is at times like trying to work a bunch of half trained border collies at the same time.

I just sing my modified version of Paul Overstreet's Richest Man on Earth at night, and thank Yah for another day.

The song that also comes to my mind is this one.

'Cause I can relate to ....too much of it.

No one ever has to be alone in a large family. There’s always someone who will talk to you.

This one of my favorite things about poly. I love that I’m never alone if I don’t want to be. I was on my own before I turned 18 and always lived alone. When I joined my family, even though I love having people to do things with it did take some getting use to. I would always try to go out and do errands on my own, or try to do things by myself because that’s what I was use to. My husband would remind me that I don’t have to do things alone anymore. And just because I’m capable and can, doesn’t mean I have to. Being a part of something and able to all contribute and share is my favorite part of poly. ❤️

I was going to add this to the words of the wise, but this is both truthful and humorous....and relative to the larger ministry here, as many biblical families (like ours) is monagamous....but larger. :)
I dont have a lot of time right now to comment personally.....but will say that I loved having 'bout THIRTY first cousins! :p

The original post is here by @DontheBeeMan. I am copying and pasting.

Welcome you are joining a family that Loves you
Oftentimes people believe being one of twenty something first cousins means being lost in the shuffle, to me it just means I have twenty something more people who know exactly what Im feeling. My family is absolutely everything to me, and I’m sure many people can say that, but being born into this family is the reason I am who I am today. There are so many reasons why being surrounded by an abundance of people can be a hassle, but most of the time there are so many benefits the good outweighs the annoying.

1. You actually don’t have to make friends. Being born with a built in system of people who automatically have to love you. That means having twenty something people who are born having to appreciate me even when they hate me, and that’s better than a friend. And usually that means not having to make plans on the weekend because one of your cousins is probably doing something fun.
  2. You always know when a guy/girl really likes you. Because honestly who wants to put up with the constant interrogation that is a Sunday night dinner as a new significant other if they don’t really like you.
  3. When you dump someone, your entire family automatically dumps them too. Loyalty is a pro within this huge system. And if they don’t, they pretend to hate them along with you.
  4. Your support system is made up of dozens of people who genuinely care about you. When you experience loss, you experience it together. When you experience death, you are all a unit and even though all of your hearts are broken, they are broken together. There are truly times that I would have never gotten through without my family, because they understood the same loss and were equally as broken. These people support you like no one else will, because no matter what you’re in it together.
  5. The parties are insane. Weddings, holidays, birthdays and a Sunday night is more food, laughing and slide comments than your friends have ever had. Attending a huge families event is like being a member, you are automatically included because one of them invited you. Big families are the best to party with, because they don’t care about looking stupid, the dance moves are some of the best (worst) you will ever see and that is what makes it so awesome.
  6. Let’s be real, one of your cousins/aunts/ uncles has messed up worse than you have. Someone in the family has done something way worse than the thing you thought your parents would be pissed at you for. Even if your parents act like it’s the end of the world, your grandma will remember when your dad did the exact same thing in high school GOTCHA Dad.
  7. You have a better sense of humor because you were able to develop a thicker skin. You have developed a knack for understanding your family and their dry wit and sometimes obscene sense of humor even if it is based around your latest dating conquest from time to time.
  8. People talk about you as though you’re infamous, Oh you’re one of the ____ insert family name here, I Know your aunt, uncle, mom, dad, grandfather, great uncle. Sometimes I truly think my family is like the Kardashians of Las Vegas, sagas included.
  9. Your friends want to hangout with your family. Growing up every person I met was super curious if my family was a part of some weird cult or why we spent so much time together so they wanted to explore what that was about and never stopped coming. Having friends want to be around your family is the most fun.
  10. There’s always someone who has been there before you. There is usually one person in your family who has tried a job, college major, or a city before you. Having a person who has forged a life you could be somewhat interested in is one of the best things. Being able to look for advice, recommendations on hotels, colleges and even the best bars in town is like a guidebook to life, without even paying for it.
And these ten things are what makes my family, and all large families the best. This is for my cousins, thank you for being the best people In my life even when you aren’t. I love you all and not just because you’re stuck with me
I found this old post to be encouraging and humorous!

Back