• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why the resistance?

Something else to be careful about is setting wrong expectations. If he or she starts calling the other prince or princess, there may be some unrealistic fairy tale expectations being set that will later become apparent and hurt. People like to feel special but, there must be a balance, not to cross over to worshiping each other. In my experience this happened and after she knew it would definitely work, those expectations kicked in, even after she said she would give polyamy a shot. She felt like the winner takes it all and I had to automatically leave my wife and kids. lol After all, they were in the way I guess? According to serial monogamy tradition. lol
I had to keep reminding her I wanted to build up the family not tear it down. I guess some people feel that they should be irresistible enough for us to walk away from our family. We should be bewitched or blinded?.. I don't think so.. lol Well, I think most guys that love their family and God won't leave them, first or any wife.
May He guide and protect us all,
Oscar

cubanito said:
Something else to be careful about is setting wrong expectations. If he or she starts calling the other prince or princess, there may be some unrealistic fairy tale expectations being set that will later become apparent and hurt. People like to feel special but, there must be a balance, not to cross over to worshiping each other. In my experience this happened and after she knew it would definitely work, those expectations kicked in, even after she said she would give polyamy a shot. She felt like the winner takes it all and I had to automatically leave my wife and kids. lol After all, they were in the way I guess? According to serial monogamy tradition. lol
I had to keep reminding her I wanted to build up the family not tear it down. I guess some people feel that they should be irresistible enough for us to walk away from our family. We should be bewitched or blinded?.. I don't think so.. lol Well, I think most guys that love their family and God won't leave them, first or any wife.
May He guide and protect us all,
Oscar

Very, very good point!

"Marital Fantasy" brings down many marriages, whether they be monogomous or polygynous. Love is very down to earth, real, and everyday. Somedays things go great! Somedays things do not go great! Marriage is work! I really believe in authenticity when it comes to relationships. Here is my thoughts: "What draws one into your marriage will lead one to stay in a marriage"! The more we can be authentic about our relationships, the less likely that the reality of disenchantment through unrealistic expectations will crush those we really love.

Tom here:

These are all the many different things my wife and I have talked about. Every point made here was a lengthy discussion and remain on-going discussions for us. We're glad to see others struggling thru these issues too. I am truly amazed that my wife of a conservative background would even consider these things enough to openly talk about them. I'm blessed too.

About 2 years ago, we started joking around about Biblical marriage. As time went on, my wife started relishing the idea of it and I started studying the scriptures about it. This has definitely been a journey for us for two years just to become open to it and ask God to direct us regarding its possibilities. For women or men of the American culture or the mainstream christian culture to not have so much resistance seems unrealistic. It took us 2 years with a lot of prayer and constant study to get comfortable believing in it (though not yet ready to practice it with more than one woman). Most people will not consider it seriously for 2 minutes. They really won't. For all the reasons shared.

We just came back from our little Peru vacation a couple of days ago. It was interesting..
While we were there I decided to be upfront with the family there about what direction was on our hearts for our family. We started a conversation about bible families of the bible and then I told them we felt lead to have one like that. At first maybe they weren't sure if I was serious but, later we talked more and most of my relatives (male and female) think biblical polygamy makes sense. A few others say is not for them but no matter what, they will love us anyways. At least they accept the concept and even some primas (cousins) offered to introduce us to some single ladies they were friends with. lol Well, at least it had a good reaction and in the future, if we go visit there with a new wife along with us, there won't be as much gossip stress. My male cousins thought I had guts to be open about that, most people there hide it. lol I figured there was nothing to loose by being honest with them.

Thanks, just trying to pave the way for the possible future. I feel very blessed to have understanding friends and family.
Oscar

Oscar it is so good that you shared this. I once met a very attractive young lady online who professed her undying love to me. Over time we established an intimate relationship. She knew from the very start that I already had two wives and that I was a Biblical Bigamist. She was very wealthy and incredibly good-looking. At first she was very sweet, considerate, and understanding. She seemed almost like a dream come true. She also spoke with my family and my children many times and even chatted with my father occasionally. She seemed to share a regard for the Holy Bible. Then one day, without warning, she started acting strange. She stated that she would buy houses for the other wives but that we were not to live under the same roof under any condition. She explained that she traveled the globe alot on business and that this would be best. She also explained that when she traveled that she would want me with her. Later, she told me that I would have to consider putting aside my relationship with my younger wife, but that the wife of my youth was acceptable because of the children. For me, that was the last straw. I had to say goodbye to her. As good looking, charismatic, wealthy, and resourceful she might be (and she was) none of this will cause me to put away any of my wives. Godly marriage is about commitment for life. I don't think she really loved me as much as she claimed to.

Although I agree that the ladies must get along and I have no qualms about my wives selecting a sister wife for us all, there is absolutely no way that I can tolerate one wife even suggesting that I must put away another wife without just CAUSE. According to the scripture there is only one cause for the lawful putting away of a wife and neither of my wives were deserving of such harsh treatment. I love my wives and I believe marriage is literally for life. Sadly, I had to let this young lady go and have nothing more to do with her. Since that time I have not actively sought another wife. The wife of my youth has told me that this is for the best and I am inclined to agree. My younger wife would love to have another sister wife but it is so hard to select someone who can be fully trusted in these last days. Yes, there certainly seems to be a "winner takes it all" mentality thriving in the world today but I know that this is not the BIBLE WAY. Money only complicates the matter even more. I'm completely open to the idea of yet a third wife but this time I'm leaving it to the ladies to decide.

Thankyou for your snippets of wisdom

Edward

Interesting story. We are leaving it to God to decide for us. As to the subject, I believe that the Jezebel spirit, which is one of the antichrist spirits, is the main spirit at work when women reject Biblical polygyny. Humans have been listening to this spirit and the counterpart Ahab spirit since the Garden of Eden. It shows that the person is out of order with what God wants. Whenever humans submit to their desires or the enemy and his demons, over what God wants for us, they will invoke His wrath and judgment rather than His rewards. Rejection of any of God's Word is rebellion and will be met with disaster in the long run. Any woman, or man for that matter, who refuses to accept and operate in Biblical polygyny as is laid out in the Word will fall short in the plan of God for them. When a woman shares her husband with other godly women in a proper Biblical marriage, they are sowing the ultimate symbolic seed in sowing 'Christ', since that is what the husband represents. They will by definition reap a harvest of a deeper relationship with Jesus. Men who share themselves with other woman in this true Biblical polygyny relationship as directed by God will by definition be sowing love and will reap the harvest. Denying these relationships is only cutting oneself off from the awesome harvest that these proper relationships before God will bring into one's life...cutting off the nose to spite the face, so to speak. Most people focus on the negative, since that is what the enemy wants us to see, because the fulfillment of Isaiah chapter 4 means an end to him! It is high time people begin to obey the Word and will of God over their own desires and the will of the enemy. What God wants for us is far greater than anything we could dream of anyway.

Be blessed,

Dr. Ray

DrRay777 said:
Interesting story. We are leaving it to God to decide for us. As to the subject, I believe that the Jezebel spirit, which is one of the antichrist spirits, is the main spirit at work when women reject Biblical polygyny. Humans have been listening to this spirit and the counterpart Ahab spirit since the Garden of Eden. It shows that the person is out of order with what God wants. Whenever humans submit to their desires or the enemy and his demons, over what God wants for us, they will invoke His wrath and judgment rather than His rewards. Rejection of any of God's Word is rebellion and will be met with disaster in the long run. Any woman, or man for that matter, who refuses to accept and operate in Biblical polygyny as is laid out in the Word will fall short in the plan of God for them. When a woman shares her husband with other godly women in a proper Biblical marriage, they are sowing the ultimate symbolic seed in sowing 'Christ', since that is what the husband represents. They will by definition reap a harvest of a deeper relationship with Jesus. Men who share themselves with other woman in this true Biblical polygyny relationship as directed by God will by definition be sowing love and will reap the harvest. Denying these relationships is only cutting oneself off from the awesome harvest that these proper relationships before God will bring into one's life...cutting off the nose to spite the face, so to speak. Most people focus on the negative, since that is what the enemy wants us to see, because the fulfillment of Isaiah chapter 4 means an end to him! It is high time people begin to obey the Word and will of God over their own desires and the will of the enemy. What God wants for us is far greater than anything we could dream of anyway.

Be blessed,

Dr. Ray

Good Sunday morning to you. Early this morning I was praying to the LORD and His Spirit rested upon me while I gave praise upon my bed and received a generous rest and refreshing. I quite agree with your position on the subject of the JEZEBEL spirit and I've written considerable material concerning this particular spirit that has been oft rejected by many, usually because it is such an affront to the neo-feminist misandrists. All too often the churches merely attribute it to the world in the church but it's a whole lot more than that. The JEZEBEL spirit is an anti-christ spirit with an actual, cognitive, purpose and will. It has a directive and it's directive is to replace JESUS. Already today there are some who have declared that Jesus was in fact a woman. Yes, already today there are some who say that the Holy Spirit is female, as though a spirit hath gender. The Word says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of GOD. What need is there for a spirit to have gender? This claim is completely blasphemous. The JEZEBEL spirit is best featured in the Book of Revelation as MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. She (it) is actually a total inversion and perversion of all that is Holy and good in the Sight of GOD. It would have us to believe that it is a "she" but "she" is in truth a cognitive spirit (therefore one of the fallen ones) that has fueled the fires of BABYLON even from the days of SHINAR. Unfortunately the fairer sex does have a vulnerability to this spirit that many men do not and it is because of this that this spirit took hold in the wife of Ahab and was consequently personified as a JEZEBEL spirit. "She", it, has gone by hundreds of names and titles even from the time that "she" bear no children and sat in the dust desolate, just waiting for the "right" sucker to come along and take her to wife. . . O, virgin daughter of Babylon! (ISAIAH 47) This ties in with my point about spirits having no intrinsic gender.

Now GOD is a Spirit (note the capital "S") and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. Although it might well be said that the Person of the Almighty GOD does indeed have gender, the HOLY SPIRIT has need of nothing. I should think that most people know what determines gender. Wherefore it is written that in the resurrection there will be no marrying nor giving in marriage for we shall be as angels and we, who are the LORD's, shall also be like Him, joint heirs with Christ. There is a false doctrine moving among the adherants of Biblical Bigamy today proclaiming that the Holy Spirit is female. This is a demonic directive aimed at the followers of Full Bible Truth to cause them to embrace a lie and hold the truth in unrighteousness. Ultimately, GOD has no need of gender but because we, as men and women, were made both male and female it is still necessary for us to relate on these terms with GOD for the present time. Each of us as a gender also has a role to fill in our gender and in our humility before GOD. No one has the ultimate advantage over the other but the man is indeed the head of the woman and there is no escaping this truth. There are also some made eunuchs of GOD and they must be honoured as such. The male believer learns quickly what it is like to be the HUSBANDMAN of a garden full of thorns and thistles and both genders in JESUS learn what the price of insubordination is. I thank GOD that I will not have to be concerned about having genitals in the resurrection. We must all bear our humility before GOD and we must all submit to Him as LORD and KING in the BODY of the BRIDE (for two, saith he, shall be one flesh). Wherefore it is written, "Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it". Men are not exempt from their duties and responsibilities in the LORD any more than women are exempt from theirs. There is no doubt concerning the great sacrifices that godly women make to the glory and honour of the Most High GOD.

Returning the blessing in the name of JESUS

Edward

Although I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about the Jezebel spirit. I am not certain how one can deny that God has ‘gender’, since the Bible says in Genesis 1:27 -

27So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Although the Word does not tell us how this works exactly for God, there is no denying that there is a Father, there is a Son, Jesus Christ and there is a Holy Spirit, which the book of Revelation says are seven spirits. I think it is no coincidence that there are seven continents, (one Spirit for each continent). The Holy Spirit can be everywhere on the earth at one time. If we are to understand God from the ‘image’ that He created, we would have to look for the family trait that He put into the human race and even extended to the animal kingdom. Although we will not be married and given in marriage, (and I agree will not have genitalia) in the kingdom, we will have our soul, which contains our personality. We therefore will keep male and female gender differences in that regard. Having genitalia is not the only thing that sets men apart from women. In fact it is one of the least significant of the differing characteristics. Even unbelievers would agree with that, (e.g., Men are from Mars...). To say that the Holy Spirit having feminine characteristics and therefore women represent the image of the Holy Spirit is a ‘false doctrine’ is a profound statement which has no foundation in the Word. If you wish to comment on what God has revealed to me, then perhaps you should come out and say it to me directly. You know this was a direct revelation to me without any input from the polygyny community. I am not a practicing polygamist yet and am new to this arena. Therefore, I do not know what the ‘doctrines’ are if there are any. In any case, I would like to see something in the Word of God that shows us in any way that the concept that the Holy Spirit is the ‘feminine’ component of the ‘family’ of God is NOT the truth. If it is there, I have missed it in my many readings through the Bible. Show me and I will repent. Until then, I stand on what I believe God showed me.

When God revealed this to me, things that I never understood finally made sense, including Isaiah chapter 4 and the scriptures in Revelation chapters 2-3 which describe the seven ‘brides’ of Christ and these other verses in Revelation - (NKJV)

1:4 -

4John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,

3:1 -

1“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,
‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

4:5 -

5And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

5:6 -

6And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Before my wife bought our 323i here in South Africa, I went on the BMW web site and looked at images of the car. From America, I saw what it looked like inside and out. Although the real car is really not much like what I saw, at least I had an idea about it before we bought it. I think this illustrates the inability for us as humans to try to understand our God and what it will be like when we get the new bodies, (Isaiah 40:28 and I Corinthians 15:35-49). But, just as Jesus is the Son of the Father and they are one, my daughter is a Mossie, just as I am. In this sense we are ‘one family’. To say things are different really does not do justice to the Word or plan of God for mankind in the earth.

Dr. Ray

Hello Ray

I did not read your post here until now. I do not believe that I stated that GOD did not have gender. It should be evident that if GOD made man in His own image that GOD is both male and female. I believe I stated that first and foremost GOD is a Spirit. What would you like to debate with me concerning this. Here I am. I will say that GOD has need of nothing. Not even gender. As far as I understand it , Christ was a man. To be male one requires both male and female attributes. To be female one only requires female attributes. I don't recall mentioning genitalia but this seems to be a concern for you. A spirit has no need of gender and neither do angels. I am of the persuasion that gender is of the flesh. I don't believe that a spirit has gender in and of itself. Perhaps you are of a different persusion. I don't believe that the Holy Spirit is male or female in this respect. I believe it to be gender neutral. Neither do I believe that GOD had sexual intercourse with Marry as some do. There is no burden of proof upon me to disagree with you. We can simply both agree to disagree. If I were to say that the moon is made of cheese there would be no burden of proof on you to prove otherwise either. Likewise there is no burden of proof on me to disagree that the Holy Spirit is female. Show me the scripture that says GOD is a woman and perhaps I'll change my tune.

GOD BLESS

Edward

Edward,

I am not interested in debating things that are not clear in the scriptures. God has recently revealed some things to me personally that changed my beliefs on this matter. It just seemed strange to me that we seemed to have a nice relationship until this issue came up in our discussions. Suddenly you did not respond to my message and spoke things through the posts here that seemed indirectly aimed at my new understanding, as it clearly differs from yours. What you believe is between you and God. We will probably not really know for certain how things are with God until Jesus comes back and shows us. In the meantime, we are called to live in peace with ALL people, but especially the brethren. I was very excited to get to know you and thought we could work together on some things that the church at large needs to know. However, if this is a dividing point, then I am sorry to have been so presumptive. My point is really that if you wish to direct a comment to me, then please do so. Your words were a bit harsh for a subject that is not clearly delineated in the Word. Going beyond the Word requires hearing from God directly. What I heard about the Holy Spirit lines up both with the Word and the natural realm, which God created in the image of Him and His surroundings. Until I heard this from God, I believed as you do. It took God Himself to convince me of these things. That is why I suggest that you go directly to Him in order to get the revelation, as I did. If you want to know why I changed my mind, then you can download my teaching on the Holy Spirit from my web site. It reviews the scriptures and why it makes sense to me. It is not really my job to convince you of these things.

Thanks for your reply. I wish you the best.

Be blessed,

Dr. Ray

I think Julie hit the bulls eye on this one. In a brief discussion in our small assembly two of my daughters (both married) and and another brothers wife were all quite vocal that they were not going to share their husbands with any other woman period. Their feelings of ownership of their husbands was quite apparent. Brian

Their feelings of ownership of their husbands was quite apparent.

Sadly, Brian, the exact same thing is often true in the spiritual realm. Many 'denominations' have that same feeling of "ownership" of their Husband and King.

And, at least in part, I think that is the value of a true patriarchal understanding of Him, and His love.

Blessings,

Mark

As a new poster and now at this point in my life having an interest in finding out about polygamy ... my question is

Why would a man want another wife?

I am 61 years old, a recent Christian, and having 3 failed marriages behind me ... ex's either would not work and provide, were alcholholics, or spendaholics. I'm certainly really not interested in getting in another relationship, and although I'm a Christian now, and I know I'm forgiven and loved by God, I still carry some scars and baggage.

But I can certainly see from a woman's perspective why a polygamous family relationship just might work. Would it not be better to be part of family, where the man is truly the head of the family, rather than have "ownership" of a man who does not take his responsibility?

Oh well, best wishes for any who enter this type of family arrangement.

Because its right for them and their family.

Some men are best suited to avoid marriage, others need to marry, and of those that marry there are cases where bigger families are in the best interests of their family. Just another calling I guess.

now at this point in my life having an interest in finding out about polygamy...I am 61 years old, a recent Christian

Nothing like jumping right into the deep end of the Christian pool! :D

Polygyny is one of the deeper issues that we as Christians face. The fulfillment of Isaiah chapter 4, (as with many other scriptures) will be necessary before Jesus will come back. I believe that we are not 'wanting other wives' because of our own desire, but because we want to fulfill the calling of God on our lives, (as Jair said). I only have one wife at this time, but I have seen in the Word and God has shown me how the polygyny arrangement will be a true blessing and necessary for the end-times that we are living in. It is a big part of God's plan for the end-time church and it is the 'new thing' that He speaks of in Isaiah 43:18-19.

I find it interesting that you as a new Christian would be drawn to learn about polygyny. I believe this is just another example of how God is bringing Isaiah chapter 4 to fruition.

Welcome to the site. Please stick around, as we are interested in what you have to say and what God is saying to you.

Be blessed,

Dr. Ray

I think that most girls are taught that one woman one man is the moral christian way it should be and even when they agree with nearly every argument for polygamy the stigma causes them to hold back. most women will agree that a large family is a better arrangement for everyone but the idea of sharing is so foreign to modern women that they will not consider the concept.

Rob

Back