• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why this section

I have accepted every above suggestion except the following two from @MemeFan, for which I would like some clarification on why they have been proposed (I really don't want to clutter this section by adding anything other than the very best & most relevant threads on the forum):
@MemeFan, this is your own thread. Please don't nominate your own threads people, because that does not tell us whether anyone else has found it useful. We're looking for threads that, when you found them, you found them useful to help you understand marriage, and therefore a newcomer finding them may find them useful also. We all think our own threads are great, because we're all biased.

If someone else other than the original author nominates this we'll discuss it then. But given it's not about marriage I don't see why we'd put it here.
This is a thread where someone was simply asking for prayer for a situation in their life. We have many such threads. What about this particular thread makes it recommended reading for a newbie?

@MemeFan,
Because restoration of Christian society requires in exactly this order: Lord's supremacy, patriachy and Christian courts. And patriarchy can't be defended without Christian courts acknowledging patriarchy. And Christian court used on feminist population will only drive outrage.

Reality is that court can easily destroy any patriarchy. Remember, court is only institution which can legally start violence against somebody. You refuse to give wife frivoluous divorce? Ok. Court declarws divorce and if you anything you get beaten.

And because our courts means our own laws no matter what our rulers fantasies.
this is your own thread.
This task requires good bookmarks. Problem is that my bookmarks are mostly for my own best posts which I read from time to time to improve my insightfullness.
If someone else other than the original author nominates this we'll discuss it then. But given it's not about marriage I don't see why we'd put it here.
We need "Best of forum - non marriage stuff"
This is a thread where someone was simply asking for prayer for a situation in their life. We have many such threads. What about this particular thread makes it recommended reading for a newbie?
Because it contains social dynamics why pastor conversion and top-down reform is useless prospect. Younglings need to saved from such delusion.

Nomination:

Because it's history of Christian polygyny. See, it was usually before.

There is no "secret staff voting process". If @The Revolting Man agrees with a thread he'll move it. If I do I'll move it. We are not wasting time discussing this.

Nor have we reversed anything. We just want to know what threads people think should go here. I don't care how you tell us what they are, feel free to post a link to them here if you like. Suggestions made elsewhere will not be here.
Oh, whoops, I stand corrected on my interpretation of the level of sunshine.

Not up to me, and I'm grateful for any sunshine.

So, thanks, Samuel.

Nomination:

Because it's history of Christian polygyny. See, it was usually before.
Done
Because restoration of Christian society requires in exactly this order: Lord's supremacy, patriachy and Christian courts. And patriarchy can't be defended without Christian courts acknowledging patriarchy. And Christian court used on feminist population will only drive outrage.

Reality is that court can easily destroy any patriarchy. Remember, court is only institution which can legally start violence against somebody. You refuse to give wife frivoluous divorce? Ok. Court declarws divorce and if you anything you get beaten.

And because our courts means our own laws no matter what our rulers fantasies.

This task requires good bookmarks. Problem is that my bookmarks are mostly for my own best posts which I read from time to time to improve my insightfullness.

We need "Best of forum - non marriage stuff"

Because it contains social dynamics why pastor conversion and top-down reform is useless prospect. Younglings need to saved from such delusion.
I still think the Kingdom Courts thread is irrelevant as it is non-marriage. That's a no.

I am unconvinced that the second thread is worth putting here, but @The Revolting Man if you think it makes the grade feel free to shift it.

Nomination:

Done. Honestly I was initially skeptical as it was such a recent thread and really hadn't got much discussion, but on reflection it's a very important topic for people to consider so it's worth having in the recommended reading list.

Back