• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why?

MarvelousMarvin

Real Person
Male
Why does the subject of Biblical Family Values (BFV) bring out such a violent reaction in so many people? I was demonized and given the left foot of fellowship just for stating that the Bible does not teach that it is a sin for a man to have more than one wife, and refusing to recant that truth when my then- Senior Pastor could not show me from Scripture that the statement is false. That one statement is ALL that the church officials who gave me the left foot knew about my belief! (Both the Pastor and his Overseer at the state office knew only that about my belief in BFV, but when I first started studying the subject, before formulating my present belief in BFV, I asked both of them a bunch of questions they could not or would not answer.) I shudder to think what those self-righteous "leaders" would do should they stumble across some of the things I have posted on this BF website since more-or-less completing my study of the subject! (Burned at the stake...?)

IMHO, by believing/living/teaching BFV instead of the traditional family values-monogamy only position (TFV-MOP), we are attacking one of Satan's most powerful strongholds. He has managed to deceive the Church into teaching this false doctrine for about 10 centuries, more or less.

Just look at the destruction that this one false doctrine has caused. In the local church where I was an Assistant Pastor before the denomination gave me the left foot, there were about 20+/- kids, age 6 or 7 to early teen, when I first started attending there. Only three of them had both parents, even though the father of two of them (two beautiful sisters) is really their step father. All others were being raised by single moms. Of those twenty or so kids, one 14-yo boy committed suicide and his 13-yo girlfriend attempted to do so. (That was about three years ago.) One of those ~20 kids is now in the Marine Corps, and three are still in church. (The girl who attempted suicide is still a teen, and is being raised by a single mom. She, the girl with both parents, and the sister of the Marine are still in church. The Marine and her sister are the ones with a step-father. I don't know about the Marine's church attendance.) All others left the church as soon as they graduated from (or dropped out of) high school. The girl with both parents has married an on-again-off-again "christian" (a state license and the whole TFV-MOP "nine yards") and her church attendance is slowly declining. Thanks to false TFV-MOP doctrine, there was NO available born-again Christian man to become her Covenant Union partner ("husband," if you prefer TFV terminology) so she went outside the body of believers to find her man. Her spiritual life is suffering as a result, but until I was given the left foot, her man loved my Sunday School class and attended regularly.

From what I have read, most evangelical churches have similar statistics. The younger generation is leaving church, and most will never return, but will live what we call a sinful lifestyle. (I question whether or not most of them were ever truly born again, because of the lifestyle they choose as soon as they leave church. They had no father to train them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.) Most young ladies look outside of the body of believers to find a man, and will end up in relationships that Paul warned us against - do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. (2 Corinthians 6:14) (That applies to nearly any type of partnership, not just man-woman unions.) The Church as we know it will disappear real soon if this trend continues.

Those percentages could be reversed if the Church would teach truth (BFV) instead of the enemy's lies (TFV-MOP.) Those widows whose kids are leaving church after high school could find men for themselves and fathers for their orphans. (James 1:27) (The Greek word for "orphan" means "fatherless," not "no parents at all," and the word for "widow" means "not in a covenant union with a man," not just "a woman whose man has died" as we think of when we say "widow." {"No husband" if you prefer the TFV terminology.})

If BFV would become the norm in our churches instead of TFV-MOP, Ephesians 6:4 could be followed for most kids, rather than most kids being raised by a single mom.

So, quite naturally, Satan will do all that he can to defend and protect the ground he has gained in this area. He has too much to lose if Truth prevails. (And it does - I read the last chapter of the Book!)

And since the enemy doesn't cheat, lie, kill, steal, and destroy by playing fair, he uses anyone who will believe his lies in order to achieve his goal of keeping widows widows and orphans orphans - even leaders like Hagee, Dobson, and other nationally-known evangelicals. And even our born-again, Bible-reading, praying, church-attending Christian family members who have been taught TFV-MOP since they were knee-high to Bildad the Shoe-Height. (Uh, Bildad the Shuhite, see the book of Job. :lol: )

Brothers, we are in spiritual warfare. Put on the full armor of God!

I think it would have to be taught in the seminaries to make any progress in mainstream churches..

And, from very personal experience, churches will kick you out or 'prefer you not join' for far less..tattoo's, someone in your family went to jail (doesn't have to be the memeber-any relative will do), being 'not quite middle income', and any number of such crazy things. I've seen the listed offences with my own eyes.

My idea of 'churches' is..."Hey I'd like to join"..."Wow we'd be glad to have you, come as you are....you now have 8 weeks to look and act and belive like you do or it's out with you" and don't ask for any type of assistance cause we don't have the budget for it and PLEASE tell us your wife sings and plays the piano or wants to teach a class or two, and cooks so you can invite us over for dinner".

Sorry folks..I have no sympathy... Churches bring their bad press on themselves..

So, quite naturally, Satan will do all that he can to defend and protect the ground he has gained in this area. He has too much to lose if Truth prevails. (And it does - I read the last chapter of the Book!)

And since the enemy doesn't cheat, lie, kill, steal, and destroy by playing fair, he uses anyone who will believe his lies in order to achieve his goal
it is true, ond monogamania is not the only doctrine that the "churches" are ready to burn people at the stake for not accepting the "party line" on. ;)

Not that long ago the statistics for the church vs. the heathen community became very embarrassing. The rates of marital infidelity, premarital sex, and teen sex/pregnancy are actually higher among "Christians". Now I realize that many religions that consider themselves "Christian" are placed in that group wrongfully, but nonetheless if the churches were doing their job and teaching marriage, adultery, etc... correctly I think the statistics would diminish considerably. I guess it is easier for them to continue to believe a lie than to exercise their gray matter and study the Word for themselves with an open mind... The polygyny reformation has started with our generation, but will take many more to deal with the ignorance that currently prevails.

A man whose ministry both in the Word and the Spirit I have found to be quite profound over the years had a dream in the mid-90s, and it shook me. Although at the time I was not wrestling with the concept of PM, as I re-examine his dream, I can see clearly how the subject of plural marriage can fit into what he dreamt, and it might shed some light on the proverbial "Why?" of this particular thread.

In a nutshell, he saw what he described as a "civil war" coming in the church.The colors of the uniforms once again were blue and gray, the issue was freedom and the backdrop of the dream was a plantation. I'll explain further, but please understand that this is a man who is both a Southerner as well as a consumate historian, especially when it comes to Church history. He is not someone who would foster the overly simplified version of the Civil War as it is taught in most public schools, and I have known him to be very fair when dealing with gnarly issues, both in history, the Word, and the Spirit.

OK, back to the dream and the symbolism. The "blue" uniforms stood for those who were heavenly minded, kingdom minded, listening to and obeying their Commander in Chief. The "grey" stood for those who leaned upon their "grey" matter when it came to things of the Word and the Spirit. (Another term would be "carnally" minded, which can just mean the reasonings of the natural man as opposed to the spiritual man.)

The "plantation" stood for the Church as it largely has become in America, the "slaves" were the worker bee parishoners that kept the plantation humming, (which were so well described by Donna G,) and "Massa" were the pastors who were benevolent toward the slaves until they wanted to be free, which could mean anything from starting their own place, to following the Drinking Gourd. It was then that the owners sent out the slave catchers, some of whom would cut off toes, thus permanently hobbling the the walk of the ones who wanted liberty. (That spirit, IMHO is what torches YHWH about the shepherds described in Ezk 34.) What is even sadder is that if the "plantation" is "owned" by a denomination, then the "Massa-of-the-massa" would be duty bound to do exactly what was done to you, Marvin. You are just too scary and uppity for even wanting to discuss an alternative view of the holy Scriptures. How dare you? :eek: :D

The war was so intense that in his dream he saw something that he couldn't really get his mind around. The church as we had known it ceased to exist, but the good news is that the Bride, the one without spot or wrinkle, the Church as always intended by God, rose out of the ashes and "finished the job."

Although I shouldn't need the disclaimer that says "Of course this doesn't apply to all pastors," I will overstate the obvious from my own experience as well as what I have perceived has been the experience of many on this board, including pastors. Some pastors are amazing and we'd all follow them straight into the fray, some should be tried for treason to the King and the Kingdom. All of it is waaay above my paygrade, so let me move straight to the application of the dream to PolyDoc's simple "Why?"

Why is PM so threatening to those in spiritual leadership? Number one: it would demand an admission of being wrong, and facing your congregation. Eating humble pie might make your tithing parishoners take off, and then what would happen to the building program? Number two: a loss of control. What are the gruesome threesome, according to Paul? Sex, money and power, and the control of all if it, especially in the lives of others.

If a system can control your sexuality, then it has a grip on you that belongs only to God, and that is when it crosses the line and becomes idolatry. Bottom line: monogamania has been a dandy way to control, and fully, in my view, falls under the categories both of "forbidding to marry," as well as the admonition in Mk 10 that "exercising (improper) authority/lordship over...shall NOT be among you." It is entirely possible in my mind that God will consume any wood hay and stubble that impugnes men's natures and fosters widowhood and being orphaned.

"Why," Marvin? It is a last bastion that will force the emasculated men of Christian America to man up in a godly, tender, powerful and empowering way, send the enemy into convulsions, and usher in the Millenium. No small potatoes, Marine. :D

Back