• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Wife is taking kids to the church I was kicked out of. I told her not to but she will continue.

Update. I stood my ground and refused to let her go by herself. She has not insisted on going this far. We are continuing to navigate our marriage. We disagree but I will not leave her and she will not leave me at this point. There is hope. Also she has lost a lot of weight and I’m concerned for her health. Thanks for your prayers
I'm glad to hear that neither you, nor your wife are considering leaving. I'll be praying for you. It seems like the Lord is already answering some prayers helping to stabilize your situation.

I'll also pray for pastor Saint and the other elders of your former church, as I believe they have failed and sinned badly, but are probably weak, immature, fearful, and misguided, believers rather than enemies of Christ.

It's good to apologize to your wife wherever you have wronged her. Perhaps you fell short of living with her in an understanding manner, recognizing that she is both a co-heir of Christ with you, and also the weaker vessel. Perhaps you acted with mixed or wrong motives. Certainly we all fall short of loving our wives as Christ loves the church.

You cannot apologize for, or recant the things that God teaches in the Bible. The Bible clearly treats polygyny as marriage, not adultery, or sexual immorality.

Back