• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Wife literally fighting me

Nothing really. I was simply reading through my Bible, starting with Genesis. Of course I kept coming to men of God who had multiple wives. So then I decided to study and dig into it. That’s literally how it started.
Very organic. I admire the curiosity and open-mindedness it takes to do that. Good on your wife as well, for settling her heart on the word of God.

Very organic. I admire the curiosity and open-mindedness it takes to do that. Good on your wife as well, for settling her heart on the word of God.
It was very organic, but the conversations weren't all sunshine and roses. The first conversation went something like I'm leaving if that ever happened, to eventually well I guess it's OK by the Bible, but I don't want anything to do with it, to finally, I accept what the Bible says and will do God's will. That process took a while. I'm still not sure it will ever actually happen, but we are open to it.

It was very organic, but the conversations weren't all sunshine and roses. The first conversation went something like I'm leaving if that ever happened, to eventually well I guess it's OK by the Bible, but I don't want anything to do with it, to finally, I accept what the Bible says and will do God's will. That process took a while. I'm still not sure it will ever actually happen, but we are open to it.
God bless you and your wife. Glad to hear all of that.

I subdue her in the moment, but she flares up with emotion. Kicking and slapping, and throwing things. In these moments, I just tell her that she is being bad and rebellious to me. Not how a biblical wife is supposed to. Her main issues is, me potentially having a second wife and the ramifications of that, her having to be subject through it, and her "belonging" to me and all the negative connotations with that word. With the last part basically a biblical and historical husband. She wants me to sacrifice having a second wife for the sake of how she feels. For me, I do not see it as my duty to obey her, but the other way around. I'm willing to be there for her, take care of her and how she feels, but I won't be subject to her. This fighting has been going on for about 3 months. She's even willing to attack me in front of the children too. She plays the victim game and says that everything is my fault, though when I'm away at work I don't deal with any issues in my heart like she does. Always threatening to leave, divorce(which since i taught her that a woman has no right in the bible, she's stopped that), and/or separate from me. Which with that she intends to take my children from me. We can calm it down for a time if we both agree not to talk about the "P" word, talk and have fun for maybe two weeks. But she still also doesn't like that I've become more husbandly to her, and speaking more about marriage in general. This even makes her bubble up inside. I've made it clear to her that I'd take a second wife if God gave me one, and that she would not be diminished in my eyes, and also how men are not designed the same as woman. She can only see everything through her feelings, and how she has been taught marriage by our culture. She loves to tell me how ungraceful I am. Now, I am very stoic and to the point, and I love the truth more than anything else. Which may make me come off unphased, and indifferent. But I do love my wife, and will never leave or forsake her and i tell her this. Another complaint she has now, is that she feels like I'm cheating on her whenever I'm off at work because of my reformed beliefs on marriage. Which I know are her insecurities. I told her that I wasn't seeing anyone, and if I were I would tell her. Thoughts? What would you do?

She's a member of this forum now, but I won't tag her. Don't want her to feel ganged up on. Whatever you comment to me, I will show to her. And she has posted at least once on here. This forum is pretty much the only support that I have, so all is appreciated. Anyone else she can get her opinion to will never align with the scriptures at all, or even try to provide any.
Keep leading in the family, prayers with her for more supernatural discernment, things will work themselves out. Here is a bad audio quality, interesting teaching about subject.

Polygyny is just one mile marker to other big truths. Many find it and stop at that rest stop, from the strong opposition etc. We should keep asking Him for more revelations. If it's meant to be, she will see it. It's a memorable journey.

Keep leading in the family, prayers with her for more supernatural discernment, things will work themselves out. Here is a bad audio quality, interesting teaching about subject.

Polygyny is just one mile marker to other big truths. Many find it and stop at that rest stop, from the strong opposition etc. We should keep asking Him for more revelations. If it's meant to be, she will see it. It's a memorable journey.
Thanks man, I appreciate the help!

Here's another
I subdue her in the moment, but she flares up with emotion. Kicking and slapping, and throwing things. In these moments, I just tell her that she is being bad and rebellious to me. Not how a biblical wife is supposed to. Her main issues is, me potentially having a second wife and the ramifications of that, her having to be subject through it, and her "belonging" to me and all the negative connotations with that word. With the last part basically a biblical and historical husband. She wants me to sacrifice having a second wife for the sake of how she feels. For me, I do not see it as my duty to obey her, but the other way around. I'm willing to be there for her, take care of her and how she feels, but I won't be subject to her. This fighting has been going on for about 3 months. She's even willing to attack me in front of the children too. She plays the victim game and says that everything is my fault, though when I'm away at work I don't deal with any issues in my heart like she does. Always threatening to leave, divorce(which since i taught her that a woman has no right in the bible, she's stopped that), and/or separate from me. Which with that she intends to take my children from me. We can calm it down for a time if we both agree not to talk about the "P" word, talk and have fun for maybe two weeks. But she still also doesn't like that I've become more husbandly to her, and speaking more about marriage in general. This even makes her bubble up inside. I've made it clear to her that I'd take a second wife if God gave me one, and that she would not be diminished in my eyes, and also how men are not designed the same as woman. She can only see everything through her feelings, and how she has been taught marriage by our culture. She loves to tell me how ungraceful I am. Now, I am very stoic and to the point, and I love the truth more than anything else. Which may make me come off unphased, and indifferent. But I do love my wife, and will never leave or forsake her and i tell her this. Another complaint she has now, is that she feels like I'm cheating on her whenever I'm off at work because of my reformed beliefs on marriage. Which I know are her insecurities. I told her that I wasn't seeing anyone, and if I were I would tell her. Thoughts? What would you do?

She's a member of this forum now, but I won't tag her. Don't want her to feel ganged up on. Whatever you comment to me, I will show to her. And she has posted at least once on here. This forum is pretty much the only support that I have, so all is appreciated. Anyone else she can get her opinion to will never align with the scriptures at all, or even try to provide any.
Another general teaching.

Back