• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Women & civil disobedience-Did Rosa Parks do the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriarch777

Male
Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well. With this corona thing, I've had time to do some thinking. I personally believe that women should not exert authority over men in any way, per the bible. This includes voting & civil disobedience. I started to ponder about Rosa Parks, and how she played a role in the US civil rights movement by refusing to go to the back of the bus.( Segregation was the law in many parts of the US until a few decades ago). She unbiblically usurped and challenged male authority. However, she likely garnered more support & sympathy than a man would have. Do the ends justify the means? Was God okay with this? I am against racial discrimination & segregation but I am also a big believer in the bible. I 've come to the conclusion that if it would have taken longer for success to come, women should not have participated in the civil rights unless it was to play a supportive role for the men(ie cooking them meals, etc)

She unbiblically usurped and challenged male authority.
No, she didn't. The Bible never says that all women have to obey all men. It does say wives are to obey their husbands, and children are to obey their parents. She disobeyed a bus driver. Unless that bus driver were her husband, which he was not, she didn't disobey any scriptural principle whatsoever.

This comes across as a deliberate attempt to try and get someone to say something racist...

No, she didn't. The Bible never says that all women have to obey all men. It does say wives are to obey their husbands, and children are to obey their parents. She disobeyed a bus driver. Unless that bus driver were her husband, which he was not, she didn't disobey any scriptural principle whatsoever.

This comes across as a deliberate attempt to try and get someone to say something racist...

I am not arguing that all women must obey all men. Just that women should not have authority over men, as is written in the bible
“And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence”

I am not trying to bait anyone into saying something racist. If that was all I wanted I could just go to a Christian identity forum.

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well. With this corona thing, I've had time to do some thinking. I personally believe that women should not exert authority over men in any way, per the bible. This includes voting & civil disobedience. I started to ponder about Rosa Parks, and how she played a role in the US civil rights movement by refusing to go to the back of the bus.( Segregation was the law in many parts of the US until a few decades ago). She unbiblically usurped and challenged male authority. However, she likely garnered more support & sympathy than a man would have. Do the ends justify the means? Was God okay with this? I am against racial discrimination & segregation but I am also a big believer in the bible. I 've come to the conclusion that if it would have taken longer for success to come, women should not have participated in the civil rights unless it was to play a supportive role for the men(ie cooking them meals, etc)
I am very sympathetic to the subjugation of women, but it has to be in accordance with scripture. The Jim Crow laws clearly violated the Biblical mandate of scripture on government to do justice and so were lawful to ignore. @FollowingHim covered the other part perfectly.

1. What I’m wondering now is, perhaps women should not vote, I see where that may be authority over men in a way ....
2. seriously, that man is from narnia
3. tickled my funny bone... subjugation ... and I sit here stirring a pot of spitting spaghetti sauce ...for a male... subjugation... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back