• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Women my age

Brenna

Female
It's never too late to believe something! I am no longer a spring chicken, it's important to me to figure out what I believe regarding plural marriage and if I should suggest it for a serious conversation with my husband. I've been studying about polygyny for a couple of years now and getting closer to talking to my husband about it, not necessarily to suggest anything at this point, would just like to find out what he really believes about. In fact, the other day he asked me what I thought the world would be like if the Roman Church and Catholics had not interfered after Jesus was born, I was surprised by this question and I just simply responded to him by saying that I thought things would be very different than what they are now.

Our children are all grown now, but we don't have any sons, so there is still plenty of time to help my husband find a younger wife, that is if he would like the opportunity to have more children and a younger wife.

We have a good Christian marriage, but it is a Christian marriage that was based on the lies told by the mainstream churches in the USA.

I'm not going to rush into anything but I do have a question. Do other women in their 60s think about their husbands possibly marrying a younger woman?

I'm nervous because this is my introduction and I'm hoping that I did it correctly!

I'm nervous because this is my introduction and I'm hoping that I did it correctly!
Welcome to biblical families!

There is no wrong way to do an introduction.
You did great and also explained what brought you here.

I was the one who brought the idea up to my husband about 22 years ago. At first he had a hard time understanding how I could be ok with "sharing him" since men are not wired to share their wives sexually. With polygyny you really MUST recognize those differences in male and female nature and roles. It is vital that you don't judge each other based on your own emotions and what "feels right" to you, but on what the Bible has to say.

I am 50 and my husband has a wife now (since 2022) that is a fair bit younger. She has a son from a previous relationship that is 8 and now they have a daughter together who is 10 months. I'm happy to be back in the baby stages....even as we have grandchildren.

I hope you enjoy the site....and that you and your husband grow closer from exploring your beliefs together.

Beautiful introduction! Welcome to the forum!

It's never too late to believe something! I am no longer a spring chicken, it's important to me to figure out what I believe regarding plural marriage and if I should suggest it for a serious conversation with my husband. I've been studying about polygyny for a couple of years now and getting closer to talking to my husband about it, not necessarily to suggest anything at this point, would just like to find out what he really believes about. In fact, the other day he asked me what I thought the world would be like if the Roman Church and Catholics had not interfered after Jesus was born, I was surprised by this question and I just simply responded to him by saying that I thought things would be very different than what they are now.
Why not ask him?
Our children are all grown now, but we don't have any sons, so there is still plenty of time to help my husband find a younger wife, that is if he would like the opportunity to have more children and a younger wife.

We have a good Christian marriage, but it is a Christian marriage that was based on the lies told by the mainstream churches in the USA.

I'm not going to rush into anything but I do have a question. Do other women in their 60s think about their husbands possibly marrying a younger woman?
I love your attitude and heart on this matter.

Glad you introduced yourself!

Welcome. I recommend you lovingly bring up the topic with your husband and begin discussing it if he chooses to. Share what you have learned through your study and ask what he thinks about. I’m 52 and my wives are 52 and 51. My first wife and I did not discuss this until 2 years ago. We had to deconstruct the lies we had been told our whole lives. Welcome.

Welcome!
Thank you for sharing your story.

Welcome!
I love to hear that your heart desires blessings for your husband.

I'm also glad to hear that you have had a good Christian marriage, in spite of the fact that we have all been told some untruths.

I would encourage you not to throw out the baby (of good things in Christian marriage) with the bathwater (the bad things based on errors).

Welcome!
You're certainly not alone in considering this at your age, and you will find companions of your own age among the ladies.
Even if your husband says no to it, he will likely be impressed by your loving generosity in suggesting it.

Look @Brenna, it's very simple.

Your husband has probably thought about having multiple wives and sadly found (from his perspective) this good thing forbidden. It's highly unlikely his reaction will be negative. Possibly, more would be "you are wrong, let me show Scripture".

You can always joke about this topic to test waters.

Look @Brenna, it's very simple.

Your husband has probably thought about having multiple wives and sadly found (from his perspective) this good thing forbidden. It's highly unlikely his reaction will be negative. Possibly, more would be "you are wrong, let me show Scripture".

You can always joke about this topic to test waters.
Thank you for your honesty, I feel hopeful reading it. I do realize that I must push beyond 2,000 years of human conditioning of women who have become so posses of their husbands. For myself I look forward to growing as a Christian, being a better wife and person by opening up my heart and home.

Welcome to the site! Personally, I am always amazed that ANY woman would think of this first. It really proves that there is a God! 😂
Well on my journey to become a better Christian and wife, I have studied enough to find out that polygyny is also the way God takes care of women as much as men. God is the one who molds us through circumstances, Scripture, but also through people. I just know that to reach my full potential it's very important that I open myself up in More than words.

Up until this point I have just been working on becoming submissive to my husband, I've spent 3 years doing just that and now I'm ready to think about this in a real way.

Welcome!
I love to hear that your heart desires blessings for your husband.

I'm also glad to hear that you have had a good Christian marriage, in spite of the fact that we have all been told some untruths.

I would encourage you not to throw out the baby (of good things in Christian marriage) with the bathwater (the bad things based on errors).
I'm not sure what you mean by throwing the baby out with the bathwater I know what the expression means but I don't understand what you're trying to say.. I have a touch of ADHD and forgive me if I couldn't follow the point you're trying to get across.

Thank you for your honesty, I feel hopeful reading it. I do realize that I must push beyond 2,000 years of human conditioning of women who have become so posses of their husbands. For myself I look forward to growing as a Christian, being a better wife and person by opening up my heart and home.
It's culture vs biology.

I would bet on biology.

Back