• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Women's Bible Studies

First off, Beth Moore is probably one of the most prime examples of why women shouldn’t be trying to exegete Scripture and teaching the congregation. She is in open rebellion because not only does she twist Scripture, she also teaches mixed congregations. No one should be listening to her for those reasons alone, but consider the following. In 1 Timothy 2:11-14, it says:
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. [12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. [13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve. [14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

If one of the reasons given for why women are to remain silent and not teach men is because Eve was deceived... how then does it stand to reason that a woman should exegete Scripture and teach other women? Older women are given specific instructions on what they are to teach younger women. In Titus 2:3-5, it says:
[3] The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; [4] That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, [5] To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I don’t think it could get much clearer.

@Keith Martin

Asformeandmyhouse made a much better comment on why I don't care for Beth Moore than I did.

I do know that one person on this site used to admire the both of them, I don’t know whether the red pills have fully taken effect yet.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more, but they probably aren’t about to admit it now. 😁

What would be perfect is if Joel Osteen and Beth Moore had a baby!

Then they’d be adulterers and we could stone them without behaving to debate the charges first!
You have such a unique way of solving problems. 😁

Back