• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

WOOD u help :p

ginger2

Female
Would you kindly give me some advice if this is your expertise
I have a huge tree in front of my house, in a storm a week ago one of the main limbs came down, where is best to stack the wood? Front of house faces just about due North, and West side is clear, good air flow, very very hot in summer, I assume that’s the best place to stack it, in a line going S-N ?
South side is kind of in a tiny hill and gets rainwater runoff from neighbors, East side is driveway, no room.
Any other tips gladly welcome.
Already know: don’t spray insecticides directly on the wood, and i need to be careful there’s good airflow at the bottom layer...
ThankYou
g

Wish I could help. Sorry.

Well, your question dispels the rumor that I have an opinion on absolutely everything. :)

Ok, so it’s a really really short list.

Stacking wood against the house may not be a good idea due to bugs, etc.. unless, it is another layer of defense between you and potential small arms fire... home defense that doubles as prep and protection....

Stacking wood against the house may not be a good idea due to bugs, etc.. unless, it is another layer of defense between you and potential small arms fire... home defense that doubles as prep and protection....
Yes, this is something I can actually chime in on. Wood piles also attract vermin. Disease bearing rats and mice like to take up residence there. Keeping a distance would be advisable.

Would you kindly give me some advice if this is your expertise
I have a huge tree in front of my house, in a storm a week ago one of the main limbs came down, where is best to stack the wood? Front of house faces just about due North, and West side is clear, good air flow, very very hot in summer, I assume that’s the best place to stack it, in a line going S-N ?
South side is kind of in a tiny hill and gets rainwater runoff from neighbors, East side is driveway, no room.
Any other tips gladly welcome.
Already know: don’t spray insecticides directly on the wood, and i need to be careful there’s good airflow at the bottom layer...
ThankYou
g
I would think wherever is least obstructive and most convenient for you. It depends how you use the space around your house. Somewhere you don't use much at present, that gets sunshine and isn't going to flood. Ideally, somewhere you can drive a vehicle to to dump it.

Back