• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

" Words of Thought 2009 "

Chaplain

Real Person
As per request,
I have started a new topic page for this. May God Bless
Chaplain

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

When I was growing up and even today, I liked watching old re-runs of Perry Mason, shows like Matlock, JAG, Law and Order and a friend of mine has got me to watching Boston Legal ( though sometimes I do not like the content ). What I like most about these shows is the courtroom scenes. How the Judge listens to what everyone has to say and the Lawyers grill those on the witness stand. How the Lawyers plead their case to the jury to either convict or render a not guilty. Well I want you to picture yourself standing in a courtroom of sorts. The Judge is God, but there is a catch. On one side is Jesus and the other side is Satan. This trial has no jury as in some courts but judgment will be given solely on one piece of evidence. You are the one who is on trial. Which side is defending you and which side is prosecuting you? Are you really ready to take the stand in defense of yourself and do you have all of your evidence ready? Do you know what the catch is about the Judge? Are you truly ready to hear the verdict of the court? As a Christian you should be able to answer yes to these questions. As one who is not, then I hope and pray that you will seek out the answers. Here is what the Word has to say about this.

“Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth--those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me”. John 5:19-30 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time…. Shalom

Amen. GOD is One in every way and there is no way wherein GOD is not ONE. Hear, O Israel, the Lord our GOD is one Lord! There is no Messiah beside Him! GOD is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth! Either we accept His per-son (singular) or we do secretly accept persons (plural). He shall surely reprove us if we do secretly accept persons (plural). Our LORD is not confused about how many people HE is and as Christians we should not be either. ISRAEL knows there can be only ONE MESSIAH and only ONE upon that throne! ISRAEL knows there can only be ONE GOD and the person of GOD is indeed HIS Christ. ISRAEL knows this . . . Christians should too.

GOD bless the reader

Edward

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

FAITH…….What do you put your faith in?? Do you place your faith in your abilities to do things?? Do you put your faith in family or friends?? Do you place your faith in your “knowledge”?? Do you place your faith in some TV preacher or even in your “Chaplain”?? Do you place your faith in those items or things that mean something to you?? Do you place your faith in “religious belief”, a teaching of some kind?? Do you place your faith in a church?? We as humans place our faith in all sorts of things, but to Whom do we really need to place our faith in?? Check out what Gods word has to say about our FAITH.

"Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.
Habakkuk 2:4 NKJV

"Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Matthew 6:30 NKJV

So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. Mark 11:22 NKJV

"testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 20:21 NKJV

even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. Romans 3:22a NKJV

that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:5 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time…. Shalom

Hello once again my Friend. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

While going over some ideas about a sermon that I will be preaching soon, a though came to mind. To whom do you serve? Think about that. Do you serve others or do you serve yourself? If you serve others, is it out of caring for them or is it so that you can get a pat on the back? If you serve yourself, is it out of your own desire to please yourself or to have others stand in awe of those things you have or done? Webster’s defines the word “serve” as follows: to be a slave; to be a servant; to be of use; to be favorable, opportune or convenient; to stand by ( assist ); . Do you serve what is truly important in life or do you serve self interest? Do you serve our LORD as HE requests of you or our you out there doing your own thing and serving yourself? I hope that you are in tune with what the Lord has for your life and that you seek to serve Him above all else. Check out what Gods word has to say about serving Him.

Therefore you shall be careful to do as the LORD your God has commanded you; you shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. You shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you shall possess.
Deuteronomy 5:32-33 NKJV

And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the LORD and His statutes which I command you today for your good? Deuteronomy 10:12-13 NKJV

You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.
Deuteronomy 13:4 NKJV

Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve. Matthew 4:10 NKJV

And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Have you ever been discouraged? Have you ever been down when things just seemed to not be going your way? I know that I have. There have been times that I felt like all I ever was getting was the short end of the stick. There are times when I have made plans to do things or be somewhere and it seems that those plans all fall through at the last minute. We as a people have worries or better still discouragements that we do not share with others, for if they knew about them, we feel that others may make fun of us or even look down on us. We as Christians should always share with fellow Brothers and sisters our discouragements. We need to share with others when we are down and not be afraid that they will look down on us, but that they will pray for us. We also need to remember most of all, that our Father in Heaven Loves us and wishes to take care of us; that HE also wishes to share in our discouragements so that HE can bless us through our faith in HIM.

Check out what the word of God has to say.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:1-4 NKJV

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
Psalm 138:7 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Thanks for that one. The last couple months here have been filled with weeks of 20-40 below (Celsius, not that it maters at 40) Thats heavily discouraging especially to a homemaker (no walks, no park, hyper kids), I phoned a lot of people though that, but you're right, its best to share and prayer when you're discouraged.

Thank heavens spring is here.

As you implied, discouragement is a synonym for fear. We are not allowed to fear anything but God. Joyce Meyer once said that in His Word, God says in one way or another 'fear not' some 365 times, (once for every day of the year). I am not certain if this is factual, but I do know that God says it many times. So He means it. The enemy wants us to submit to the spirit of fear so that we will be committing sin in God's eyes. Paul said in Romans 14 that anything that is not of faith is sin. Discouragement is a sin for us and we must not allow it to manifest in our lives. David had to encourage himself when he faced Goliath. When discouragement tries to come upon me, in a similar fashion to David, I remember the great things that God has done in my life and begin to speak His Word and praise Him. The spirit of fear then leaves quickly, especially if I put some good uplifting Christian music and crank it up.

Fear is second only to pride on the list of things that we must OVERCOME in order to inherit the kingdom of God. It takes effort on our part to abide in Jesus so that no matter what, we never get discouraged.

John 16:31-33 - (emphasis added)

31Jesus answered them, Do you now believe? 32“Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

Revelation 21:7-8 -

7He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

Thanks for the good word.

Be blessed,

Dr. Ray

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May the below be a Blessing unto you.

It is that time of the year again, when we celebrate Easter. I have been thinking about that. Celebrating Easter……Just what does that truly mean to YOU????……Does it mean sharing time with friends or family? Does it mean indulging your love of eating chocolate? Does it mean eating all of the boiled eggs you can? How about hiding eggs and candy for your kids / grandkids to hunt and find? Do you put out your Easter bunnies that are suppose to be able to lay eggs? Do you make sure that you wear your best cloths on Easter Sunday so that “others” can look at You? Do you go to “church” to make a showing for “others” so that people cannot say that you have never darkened the doors of a church? …..Just WHAT do you do to Celebrate Easter? Do YOU REALLY Know what Easter is ALL about?? Here is what the Word has to say about Easter.

Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him. He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. And they made His grave with the wicked-But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53

Until next time…. Shalom

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times " Words of Thought ". May the below be a Blessing unto you.

Do you know God? Do you have a relationship with Him? Do you know of His mighty power? Do you commune with Him in prayer? Are you prepared for His coming judgment? Do you even know that He will pass judgment on this earth as well as you and I? Do you still believe that He is in the miracle business? Do you believe that God is " The Master of the Universe "? Just what DO you know about God and His mighty power and His wonderful works? There was a person in the Bible who knew and her name was Hannah. Check out what she had to say about the Lord YHWH (Yahweh).

And Hannah prayed and said: "My heart rejoices in the LORD; My horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, Because I rejoice in Your salvation. "No one is holy like the LORD, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God. "Talk no more so very proudly; Let no arrogance come from your mouth, For the LORD is the God of knowledge; And by Him actions are weighed. "The bows of the mighty men are broken, And those who stumbled are girded with strength. Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread, And the hungry have ceased to hunger. Even the barren has borne seven, And she who has many children has become feeble. "The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up. He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory. "For the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, And He has set the world upon them. He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. "For by strength no man shall prevail. The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken in pieces; From heaven He will thunder against them. The LORD will judge the ends of the earth. "He will give strength to His king, And exalt the horn of His anointed."
1 Samuel 2:1-10 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these " Words of Thought " as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Yâshua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time...... Shalom

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May the below be a Blessing unto you.

On this Memorial Day, I would like to ask one and all to lift our soldiers up in prayer, regardless if you support the fighting they are involved in or not. They need our prayers just like anyone else does. I would also like to ask you to remember all of those soldiers who have given their lives serving our country and their families. It is good that we should remember them and to THANK those who have come home. Also on this day let us also remember, yet again, that blood shed on the Cross by our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Until next time…. Shalom

Good post. Of course its a long time till remembrance day poppies here, but I hope everyone down south give some prayer for their troops on their special day.

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times "Words of Thought". May the below be a Blessing unto you.

How many times have you started to do a project and just went off of how the picture on the box looked. As you are doing this project, you keep looking back at the picture and realize that something is not where it should be or you have a few parts left on the floor and you cannot figure out where they go. In frustration you pull out the instruction sheet and see that those parts do need to be involved in the project, so now you have to take apart all you have done and start over................or ................You go out and live your life as you wish, burning the candle at both ends. Doing things the way you want and how you wish, having no care in the world. You do this or do that trying to find some form of joy and fulfillment in your life but finding no satisfaction, no joy, no peace just a continued emptiness in your life. Until one day you hit rock bottom and scream out for help and at that point you get out the instruction book and try to start all over again.

Projects would go so much smoother and a lot easier if we just get out the instruction book first, read it and follow the directions. LIFE would be a lot better if we took out the instruction book and followed the directions. Now that is not to say we would not run into problems. As with anything, we may have to struggle a bit in order to make things fit as per the instructions. Our instruction book comes from the Greatest builder there is. Our builder is God and the instruction book He wrote for us is the Bible. Check out what His instruction book has to say.

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. Psalm 33:6 NKJV

"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:10-11 NKJV

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
Mark 13:31 NKJV

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these "Words of Thought" as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Yâshua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time.
Shalom

Have you paid attention to what is really going on around you and the world as a whole? Have you noticed that we have had an increase in severe hurricanes over the past 10 to 15 yrs? Have you noticed that there has been an increase in the number of forest fires, drought conditions in areas where rain was not a problem, more frequent floods in areas where that was not heard of, recorded earth quakes in areas not noted for them, un-thought of Presidents and rules being elected, talk of wars and rumors of wars being discussed more frequently, old diseases thought to have been defeated making a strong comeback along with new strains of new diseases? Have you noticed or do you really care that Christians in this country as well as others are being mocked and persecuted; that we can not celebrate Christmas without someone making a big fuse over that celebration? That to even say a prayer and invoke the name of Christ can get you into trouble. Have you noticed that homosexuals and homosexuality, that which is an abomination before the LORD God, has been given an okay by our country and it’s leaders? Have you REALLY looked around at what is going on? Do you really care at all about your future? Are you prepared for things to get even worse than they are now? I truly hope that you are.

And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:4-14 NKJV

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
2 Timothy 3:1-5 NKJV

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness; looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3 NKJV

May the Lord our Elohim, the Lord our Magen, the Lord our Eyaluth use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua HaMashiach ( Jesus the Messiah ).

Until next time…. Shalom

When I was growing up and visiting family that lived way back in the piney woods of Mississippi, I would always hear them say the word “hope”. As a kid growing up in the “red bone “ or “ red neck “ section of Louisiana ( that’s the northern sections of Louisiana ) I too would hear people speak and say the word “hope”. Now they would use or say the word in this manner….we need to go over there and hope that man…….or…..lets go hope those people get their car unstuck………or…….I went and hope so-n-so bring in his corn. You see, the word “hope” was substituted for the word “help”. If you stop and think about it, these words mean the same thing. Let me explain, we “hope” that man can get what ever done so we go “help” him do it….we “hope” those people get their car unstuck so we go and “help” them, same for so-n-so and their corn, we “hope” they get it in so we go and “help” them………You know, God is the same way. Where we as believers “hope” in Him we can also “help” in him by DOING what His word commands us to do. In the examples above, as believers, where we “hoped” those persons completed their task, by DOING as Christ would have done and got out there and “helped” those persons, we thus instilled a “hope” in them that their task would be completed. So next time you see someone in need of “help” go over and “hope” them and in so doing you can share a little bit of Gods love. By placing our “hope” in and our need for “help” in the Lord, we place our selves in a position to where we must rely on Him, thus building our own faith in him. Check out what Gods word has to say about our “hope” in him.

My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
Psalm 62:5-7 NKJV

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word. Psalm 119:114 NKJV

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:1-5 NKJV

May the Lord our Elohim, the Lord our Magen, the Lord our Eyaluth use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua HaMashiach ( Jesus the Messiah ).

Until next time…. Shalom

My family and I are big movie buffs. NO, we are not the ones who camp out at the movies to just be first in line. We just like various kinds of movies. We have a huge collection of movies at home and the wife and I, usually with her girlfriend, are always going to the movies to see a new one. In fact, just a few weeks ago when I was home, I believe we went and saw 5 different movies that week. The movies that I really like, I usually try and see twice for there is nothing like seeing a good movie on the big screen. But what is really neat for us movie buffs, is if you see a really good movie, is the anticipation of the sequel. You become curious as to what the various characters will do in the next movie, where it will be filmed, what the plot will be. You get excited and just can’t wait for it to come out………Though not a movie, there was an event that took place that will have a sequel to it. This event happened a couple of thousand years ago and it was the birth and ministry of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I wonder what it really was like to walk around and to see the miracles HE did and to actually hear the teaching that HE brought and not just read about them. It is because I also like to read good books that I also cannot wait until a sequel comes out to read what will happen next. Well I have read THE book and I already know what will happen. Christ came once already and HE has promised to return yet again, at a time of the Fathers choosing. Have you read the book? Do you really know what is going to happen? Are you looking forward to the sequel, that being the return of Christ, with anticipation? I sure hope so.
Check out what the word has to say about this coming event.

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.” Matthew 25:13 NKJV

“And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven." Acts 1:10-11 NKJV

And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 1John 2:28 NKJV

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Revelation 1:7 NKJV

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. Revelation 22:12 NKJV

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20 NKJV

Are you looking forward to the sequel, that being the return of Christ, with anticipation? I sure hope so.

Until next time…. Shalom

In these crazy times, we as people are always on the move. We need to go here or be somewhere. We are always doing things or helping some one else. This in of it’s self is not a bad thing. It is always good to do something for your family or for a friend. Helping others are things that we as Christians should be doing. This gives us a chance to share a little bit of Christ with others, even if we do not share it by word only………BUT……….we can be so involved with helping others, that we fail to take time for ourselves. We are so busy, trying to do those things that Christ would have done, that we fail to STOP and spend alone time with just Him. We fail to recharge our batteries, so to speak, and we get to the point that we get “burned out” and we crash and burn. I know, for I have gotten to the place before and when I crashed, it was a mess. I got to the point to where I did not wish to do anything. Well it took that to teach me a lesson. Oh, I still do lots of things for others, but I also try and spend alone time with my Lord, Just Him and I. I do that in various ways. Sometimes it’s while I am on the lawn mower for 3 hrs cutting grass. Other times it’s sitting at my desk at home just staring off into space and do nothing but think about Him, other times it’s while I drive to the dock getting ready to go back offshore ( especially now that I have a 4 hr drive ) other times it’s while just walking around my platform at night and seeing the wonderful sunset. In what ever manner I do this, I spend time reflecting on what the Lord has done for me, taking time to talk with Him, to share my joys, my hurts, my desires, my fears, my thankfulness, my praise to and for Him, to cry with Him and yes, even share my anger over things. You see, the Lord wishes to spend time with us. To hear from us; To talk with us; To cry with us and to Love us. He wishes to help build our strength and endurance so that we can go out and do things for others and in doing so, we share a little of Him when we do.

Until next time…. Shalom

Hello once again my Friends.
Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May the below be a Blessing unto you.

There is a subject that we all really never like to talk about or discuss, until it happens to someone we know….and that is Death. We do not like to think that we are going to die or that we will not live forever. We like to put death in a closet in the back of our minds and not think or much less talk about it. Well let’s face it; we are all going to die a physical death some day. Our bodies are only good for a limited number of years and then it wears out and shuts down. It is a fact of life. Not speaking of it will not change that fact. Do you realize that there are in fact 2 kinds of death….I said 2 KINDS not WAYS. There is a physical death and there is a spiritual death. We are all going to be a part of the first…BUT….we do not have to be a part of the second. The Lord has provided a way of missing out on the spiritual death. He sent His son to die a physical as well as a spiritual death for us. Jesus cannot take our place in the physical death but He did take our place in the spiritual. All we need to do is except the free gift that the Lord gave us thru the shed blood of His son Jesus. If we reject that free gift, then the spiritual death we will experience will be a separation for eternity from God and banishment from His presence in a place call hell. So the choice is yours. God gave it to you to make. Chose wisely.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Psalms 23:4 NJKV

For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide Even to death.
Psalms 48:14 NKJV

But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah Psalms 49:15 NKJV

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:14-18 NKJV

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned-- (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
Romans 5:8-19 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Hello once again my Friends.
Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May the below be a Blessing unto you.

Having come from a line of those who farmed for a living as well as knowing those who have a garden, it really makes one appreciate the wonders the Lord has done. Watching a seed, as it is planted, grow into something wonderful, is really amazing. Life and relationships are the same way. You plant a seed of friendship with someone and over time it can grow into something great. What we as individuals do to nurture that relationship is how that relationship will turn out, either good or bad. The same way in our life. How we nurture events and happings in our life can determine how those things turn out. As Christians we are called to plant the seeds of faith and to share the Gospel with those we come into contact with. How we conduct ourselves and how we work with those persons with whom we have planted seeds with, can influence how that seed grows. Though there are times when we have but a brief moment with someone in order to plant that seed and how we conduct ourselves while planting may be the turning point as to whether or not that seed takes root. So be aware of how you share Gods word with someone or how you act, for you never know who is watching and at what time you may be planting seeds of salvation. Check out what the word has to say.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Galatians 6:6-10 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21 NKJV

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Mark 2: 8-11 NKJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:1-4, 10-14 NKJV

As we come into the Christmas season I wished to remind one and all about what Christmas is really about. It is about Honoring, Remembering and Celebrating the Birth of our LORD and Saviour….that being Jesus the Christ…..thus CHRISTmas. For without this birth we would not have a means of salvation. So remember…Christmas is about CHRIST …not some fat man in a red suit with a sled and reindeer.

May you all have a Blessed and Merry CHRISTmas.

Until next time…. Shalom

Back