• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Worry...

sadanyagci

Real Person
Matthew 6:25-34 said:
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
We all know these scriptures, and we've all heard sermons on them. A lot of the time these scriptures are split up, but they are part of a whole. If you go back further you get the full context. Jesus just explained prayer, fasting, and giving to the poor in ways that store up treasure in heaven... not on earth. The earthly treasures, that's not our business. We simply do what ever our hands find to do, and act wisely. God blesses us and takes care of us. So we all agree we are not supposed to worry about these things.

I have personally gone through many hardships in life, God teaching these things to me, even as I'm sure He has taught many of you. Surviving out in "the field" on one of the lowest budgets there is... being sent ones that go without purse nor bag, so to speak. But every step of the way God provides. He gives exactly what we need for the time period we need it for. This is His way. He feeds us. We live off of Him.

Now, I'm sure you all know these things. However, in most of the world, including the Christian world, people use things such as birth control and such within their marriages to keep from having children until what they consider to be the aproriate time. Family planning. We all know these things. We've all heard how much the government says it costs to raise a child. We all know stories of people with many children and money problems, etc. However, are these things right? Is it right to worry about what your child will eat or wear or the money you will have to send him or her to college when your little babies grow up? Are these things right at all?

I'm sure many of us know of how the idea of family planning got started. It was to control and wipe out the poor and the blacks... just as in the time of the birth of Moses... the "high and mighty" wanted elimination. Such ideas were spread for that reason, though they were marketed in other ways. So already you have a poor history behind such ideas. But that is not all. The Romans did similar things with their own children, for reasons of inheritance and such... money. They ruined family with it. So we have two places where the ideas were, both of which are a poor history for such ideas.

So why do we listen? Why do we fear having children? Why do we fear not being able to give them everything WE THINK they should have? Why do we worry about tomorrow... what we or they shall eat or wear. We've all seen God provide. Why do we not have faith?

When I was in Brazil I heard of a woman that had recently been in the news. She was an old Catholic lady... very poor. She had 50 children she cared for herself. Yes, you read that right... 50. God brought her children to take care of... and she did. God provided the means for her to take care of them... always. If such can be seen in an old, unsaved, poor, Catholic woman... how much more should it be seen among us? I heard other stories... a poor family in the USA taking care of over 10 children. They said that most of the cost of having a child was actually stupid consumer things that are unneeded. In fact, this is true. God made children. He didn't make them with a stamp on their bottoms saying "batteries not included"!

So God provides for the children He brings forth. This means there is NO reason to forsake your own child. There is no reason to do anything but get married and have them... for they are each a gift from God... worth far more than anything you could ever buy or any education or anything at all, ever! "Blessed is he who has a quiver full of them"!

Therefor do not worry about what you will do... and calm all those young girls you meet who fear such. Babies have been born to the poorest of people from the beginning of humanity. One more won't be the end of the world. One more gift of God can be nothing but a gift of good.

However, this isn't the full topic I wanted to talk about. I see everywhere on this site something... and I just put the pieces together a little while ago myself. "Do not decrease her food, clothing, or marital relations." We all know that scripture. But... does that scripture look like something to worry about? Food and clothing... what did Jesus say? "Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" God will provide what is needed.

I know a couple that just married... they had nothing. God directed them to eachother, and though people were telling them they were foolish, God wanted them to marry, and they did. God has blessed them, many times. God blessed them with many gifts. Indeed, the unsaved have poured into their laps from every angle everything that one might need... car, furniture, etc. The guy is unemployed... and he hates that and badly wants a job. He is a good worker... but God wanted him to trust and wait... and God provided instead. Work will come... but for their family, all provisions were made. So you see, we are not to worry in marriage either. And if it is so in a monogamous marriage, how much more so in what God is restoring... families that are larger and have more responsiblity... polygynous families that God Himself is calling men to and building before our eyes. If we should not worry about our first marriage, we should not worry about our third.

And conserning those "marital relations" I have testimonies, but here is not the place for them. I shall only say this: Guys... pray. It works... very well. Trust me. And girls... do the same. Before, during, after. It's holy, as you are holy. God designed it, as He designed you. You pray when you eat, and pray when you dress... when you drive and when you work. Pray when you... .... . God works wonders. Trust me. Do not think it will be more than you can handle. Trust in the God that made you, her, and that. He will provide. He does not lack power when you are with your girls.

We are not to worry about what we shall do about such things. God will provide in his time and his way. We are simply to do what is right. If God provides a girl... marry... whether you think you can support her or not. Do what God gives you to do. Marry! Have children! Do not worry! Do not fear! He is greater than all those things. Remember what is central... what you must have... faith... hope... and love. Have those things in abundance, and do not fear. Perfect love casts out all fear.

"There shall be no widows in the land,
(women without a covering)
For I will marry them all.
There shall be no orphans,
(children without a covering)
For I will father them all."
from The History & Philosophy of Marriage, modified

I agree that people shouldn't let the cost of raising a child prevent them from having children and the world has a skewed view of childrens' "needs".

The question I get asked most often when I tell people that we have 5 kids is, "How do you afford Christmas?"
I figure that it would probably offend most people if I told them that the only gift my children need is the gift of eternal life and that's why we celebrate our Savior's birth which has nothing to do with spending hundreds of dollars per kid. I just tell them that the granparents give the kids plenty so we just all make homemade gifts for each other.

I've never thought about it, but you have a great point that adding an adult member to the family should not be affected by income. Sometimes what we think we need in life isn't as needed as we think.

Yes, that is right on Sadan. I was also surprised when I saw birth control mentioned in the Book of Jasher as well, also at a sinful time for silly reasons. It was also interesting to read Aristotle lament overpopulation in his time.

Still, I like birth control so she has time to recover between kids, replenishing nutrients and such for a year or so.

Your right in all things about concerns though, we are provided for and ever shall be. Not much need to worry about that.

Sadan,

Thanks for the post. I agree with most of it. I also believe that birth control is a gift from God. Now is a time to use it for some, as the times of tribulation escalate. Jesus said to pray that our escape is not in the winter or on the Sabbath and it would be woeful for those who are pregnant and nursing in those days. These are those days, so birth control may be necessary at this time for some who are hearing from God in such things. One needs to hear from God in all decisions, including having children and when. And yes we should be able to simply trust God, but we also need to remember that having done all things, (that we can) we stand.

Be blessed,

Ray

DrRay777 said:
I also believe that birth control is a gift from God. Now is a time to use it for some, as the times of tribulation escalate. Jesus said to pray that our escape is not in the winter or on the Sabbath and it would be woeful for those who are pregnant and nursing in those days.
Jesus said to pray. He didn't say to stop having sex, or spill your seed, or "put it somewhere else".
Tlaloc said:
Still, I like birth control so she has time to recover between kids, replenishing nutrients and such for a year or so.
Nutrients should be kept up regardless, not deprived and then refilled. There is a reason pregnancy and breastfeeding cost the body nutrients. In the same way, breastfeeding costs nutrients. However, there are many benefits to extended breastfeeding. This is the way the body is built. One should depend on and use it the way it is designed to be used... not modify it with chemicals or objects to do what you want.

As for me and my family, never touch the stuff. I find no good in it.

sadanyagci said:
As for me and my family, never touch the stuff. I find no good in it.
as for me and my house, we agree
the chemically enhanced life aint worth it IMHO

If those are your convictions then it is a good thing to avoid for you. In light of Ecclesiasticus 38 I believe there is merit in at least some methods.

Honour the doctor for his services, for the lord created him.
His skill comes from the Most High and he is rewarded by kings.
The doctor's knowledge gives him high standing and wins him the admiration of the great.
The Lord created the medicines of the earth, and the sensible man will not disparage them.
Was it not a tree that sweetened water and so disclosed its properties?
The Lord has imparted knowledge to men, that by use of his marvels he may win praise;
by using them the doctor relives pain, and the pharmacist makes up his mixture.

The hormone based pills at least are primarily medicine, there are quite a few ailments that cause problems with periods that these pills are used as treatment for. In some cases they can work to promote long term fertility by regulating hormones for a woman who's body does not have the capacity to regulate. Moreover it is not always even possible to upkeep the mineral and metal nutrients that pregnancy drains as there is a limit to how fast the body can absorb said nutrients, especially iron. These specific nutrients are not drained by breastfeeding, and can become serious problems when children are born in close succession. There are quite a few cases where women do not ovulate while breastfeeding, in this case they naturally have time restore. My wife is not such a woman and she can conceive quite promptly after the end of her lochia. Having kids in such close succession has large risks that become compounded if it happens more than once. The Pill very much clears up any such potential problems.

Any medicine, even something as mild and natural as licorice root, can be misused, but the abuse does not negate the use.

i am not critical of individual medical needs, so if you feel that before YHVH that is the best in that situation i have no quarrel.
it is so easy to get dependant on what doctors provide and in not taking responsibility for ourselves and we can embrace the nanny-state mentality w/out realizing it

Hi ,

I agree that individual medical decisions of a family should be respected of course. There are however many proven natural ways to balance a woman's hormones via nutrition mostly. My best friend has had 6 birth and not neccesarily in rapid succesion but has always since childhood suffered some bad anemia. Working with her midwife she has devised very helpful eating plans to compensate as well as using food based and herbal supplements to strengthen her blood. Things like organ meats (soooo glad i never had anemia!) grass fed buffalo meat, very dark green leafy vegetables combined with vitamin C in same meal and other such additions helped her in this last pregnancy very much. Anyway, breastfeeding works at the same rate as the pill worldwide if done properly and all rules followed (no pacifiers, no other foods or liquids for baby, mom and baby sleep-share, no mother baby seperation, breastfeeding on demand, etc) For the small percentage of women it does not work for to space pregnancy there is always NFP (those catholics are really smart about lots of stuff actually).

See these books which have some info on how to deal with the cases where LAM does not work.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN= ... urcecentA/
http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Standards-E ... pd_sim_b_3

One of my favorite documents on the subject is actually a catholic encycylical (great read and was totally prophetic on what birth control in general may do to society)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hu ... f&oq=&aqi=

Check this out about predicitons of this document:
http://www.nd.edu/~afreddos/courses/264/popepaul.htm

Best secualar book on it:(I learned LOTS from this great book!)
http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-You ... 483&sr=8-1

The difference between secualar sources and catholic is mostly that the secualr ones do not shy away from mentioning artificial birth control and early abortion.

I am not catholic but i know that this NFP stuff is right on the money having studied it both from catholic and secular sources, as well as using it to learn about how my own body works to make a baby or not (every girl should learn this stuff!) This is from people taking their faith and figuring out a way of putting it into practice using all the medical information available but working with their bodies as wisely as much as possible instead of against it with chemicals.
Of course sometimes chemicals are neccesary to save lives etc, etc. that goes without saying really.

itso,
thankyou so much for saying what i could not say.
i knew intrinsically that the info existed, but have not studied it and besides, i am a male and thus do not have the authority in these matters that you do

Good information, and you are quite right that breastfeeding should work for the large majority of women. My wife is DDD and consistently produces surplus milk, she can wet nurse if she wanted too, for some reason related to this breastfeeding does not prevent ovulation for her. But the main reason for this post is to comment on how a woman with such attributes makes an ideal first wife, there is no foreseeable need for formula even if a wife is dry, and if one has trouble lactating she has help. :D

jair:
i realized as i was driving today that someone could compare my last two posts and think that i might be two-faced. please let me assure you that my first post stands alongside what i said to itso.
you as patriarch of your fam are the one who must answer for the decisions made in your fam and you do not answer to me, so i do not judge the situation.
i just know that very few people (and i am not refering to you) have the info that she brought forth and i wanted to heartily applaud it.

Hi guys,

Actually, breast size is not neccesarily a factor in milk supply (or over supply). Breast size is determined by heredity or weight gain (women with larger breasts do not neccesarily have more breast tissue just more fat deposited in breast area.) However over supply issues can be related to the whole ovulation thing although not in every case of course. Also there are lots of things that can help with oversupply if it becomes a problem for mother and baby. Most women can nurse their own babies fine and most women wether they are D's or A's can nurse multiple children simultaneuosly. What milk you demand of your breasts is what they make. Of course, if I had any issues where I was "dry", (such as major breast reduction surgery, polycystic ovarian syndrome or some other unfortunate hormone problem) besides working with a lactation consultant and medical providers to try and resolve it (shameless plug), I would definintely prefer sisterwife milk (that's a t-shirt) to any artificial concoction offered commercially.

Maria, IBCLC :lol:

Steve,

You didn't seem double minded at all, each of us had to lead how we have to lead, with help and discussion of course. I meant what I said about following your convictions to be a good thing and I think we're at a mutual agreement about that.

Maria,

Yes, size is only a peripheral consideration in supply. The extra milk isn't a problem, even at its worst it is not tough to express in a hot shower, and it hasn't lead to nursing problems, though the kids occasionally get flooded and get some milk up their nose and get mad about that :)

I think if dryness came up her milk would be more of a filler while we are trying to get the second wife's milk up to speed. But having that available should relive any first time moms worries about nursing.

Jair

Back