• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Worship of the goddess

Asforme&myhouse

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
This is disturbing. I heard this playing on the radio the other day. It’s by Kane Brown, whoever he is.

Verse 1]
Your kisses have a higher power
Your body, baby, it's divine
Every time I see you smile
It's like I've seen the light
Sleeping next to you is Heaven
But you already know 'bout that
Wanna glorify every part of you so bad

[Chorus]
Don't get me wrong
I'm a God fearing Christian man
But if you were a religion then, damn
I don't know what I'd do
Yeah, I might have to worship you
I might have to sing your praise
I might have to go to church, yeah
Every single night and day
Yeah, I might have to hit my knees
'Cause you lay it on me like the truth
And you love me like Hallelujah
I might have to worship you
I might have to worship you (I might have to worship you)

[Verse 2]
And I ain't saying you can walk on water
Or that you can turn it into wine
But, girl, it feels like a miracle that you're mine
[Chorus]
So don't get me wrong
I'm a God fearing Christian man
Yeah, I don't know what I'd do
Woo
Said I might have to worship you
Don't get me wrong
Said I don't know what I'd do
I might have to hit my knees
Ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

This is disturbing. I heard this playing on the radio the other day. It’s by Kane Brown, whoever he is.

Verse 1]
Your kisses have a higher power
Your body, baby, it's divine
Every time I see you smile
It's like I've seen the light
Sleeping next to you is Heaven
But you already know 'bout that
Wanna glorify every part of you so bad

[Chorus]
Don't get me wrong
I'm a God fearing Christian man
I don't know what I'd do

[Verse 2]
And I ain't saying you can walk on water
Or that you can turn it into wine
But, girl, it feels like a miracle that you're mine
[Chorus]
So don't get me wrong
Yeah, I don't know what I'd do
Woo
Said I might have to worship you
Don't get me wrong
Said I don't know what I'd do
I might have to hit my knees
Ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
You are just confirming my choice to not listen to the radio. The few good songs aren't worth all the faulty messages and commercials.
My sisters long ago liked that country song that sings "Please go, I'm not strong enough to say no" and I had to point out that if you listen to the verse SHE IS MARRIED! Just the kind of affirmation that TOTALLY undermines James "Resist the devil and he will flee from you" and strengthens the lusts he says entice men and bring forth sin unto DEATH.

I totally agree that song is disturbing.

The worship is totally expected nowadays.
This song just carries it a few steps further into the ridiculous.

I just realized what the biggest rejection of poly is by women.

“How could you possibly worship two of us?”

You are just confirming my choice to not listen to the radio. The few good songs aren't worth all the faulty messages and commercials.
My sisters long ago liked that country song that sings "Please go, I'm not strong enough to say no" and I had to point out that if you listen to the verse SHE IS MARRIED! Just the kind of affirmation that TOTALLY undermines James "Resist the devil and he will flee from you" and strengthens the lusts he says entice men and bring forth sin unto DEATH.

I totally agree that song is disturbing.

I get so irritated listening to radio lol. I usually don’t listen. It’s either pc crap which is most of it. Or it’s just straight up propaganda for the world. Blah

It is the inversion of the created order. God says to worship Him only. The serpent says to worship anything other than God.

It reminds me of Genesis 3:17

"And to Adam he said,
"Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you;
in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;"

Man must never give the woman what which belongs to the Creator alone.

The whole goddess thing is rampant throughout the home birthing community. It drives me nuts. I do not go to another universe when I'm having a contraction. I do not become a goddess just because I pushed a baby out. I most definitely did not bring my baby earthside!

As I suspected, it was released as a 'Country' song. The women worshippy songs have really gotten bad there the last 20 years. I grew up on the music but can't stand it now. And they really jumped the shark when when they started tailoring the music primarily to women.

I just realized what the biggest rejection of poly is by women.

“How could you possibly worship two of us?”

That really is it. It's always been there under the surface (for example, scripture sees obedience as a form of worship). But more and more things are coming full out into the open now.

Last edited:
This talk about the following phrase got me thinking.

"How could you worship two of us"

It reminded me of the wedding vow portion of the Anglican Book of Common Prayer (ABOCP). There is a lot in the ABOCP that is very good, but this one phrase really seems off. Remember that I'm a Reformed leaning Baptist so I have mixed feelings regarding Anglican stuff like the ABOCP. :)

"WITH this Ring I thee wed, with my Body I thee worship, and with all my worldly Goods I thee endow"

With my body I thee worship?!?!

Note that only the groom said this phrase. The bride did not.

Maybe "worship" meant something else back then. Still, it seems badly wrong to say.

The wife shouldn't even worship the husband, little alone vice versa. We all must worship God alone.

This talk about the following phrase got me thinking.

"How could you worship two of us"

It reminded me of the wedding vow portion of the Anglican Book of Common Prayer (ABOCP). There is a lot in the ABOCP that is very good, but this one phrase really seems off. Remember that I'm a Reformed leaning Baptist so I have mixed feelings regarding Anglican stuff like the ABOCP. :)

"WITH this Ring I thee wed, with my Body I thee worship, and with all my worldly Goods I thee endow"

With my body I thee worship?!?!

Note that only the groom said this phrase. The bride did not.

Maybe "worship" meant something else back then. Still, it seems badly wrong to say.

The wife shouldn't even worship the husband, little alone vice versa. We all must worship God alone.

I too found that bit distasteful. I did some research on it a while back and IIRC that language traces back to at least the 1100's in predecessors from France. But I didn't research the etymology.

However it's probably no coincidence that it dates back to France as that is the source of the ideal of the romantic relationship and that phrase is essentially reflective of their idea of the knightly platonic romantic courtier (I think that's the right word), right down to the giving of a ring, which was essentially a woman master man slave/worshiper relationship.

I too found that bit distasteful. I did some research on it a while back and IIRC that language traces back to at least the 1100's in predecessors from France. But I didn't research the etymology.

However it's probably no coincidence that it dates back to France as that is the source of the ideal of the romantic relationship and that phrase is essentially reflective of their idea of the knightly platonic romantic courtier (I think that's the right word), right down to the giving of a ring, which was essentially a woman master man slave/worshiper relationship.

Speaking of France in the 1100s, and courtly love, are you familiar with the Christian manosphere blogger Dalrock? He wrote some about that topic a couple years ago.

Unfortunately Dalrock quit writing a some time back. He really had some great articles (though he didn't like addressing polygyny).

Speaking of France in the 1100s, and courtly love, are you familiar with the Christian manosphere blogger Dalrock? He wrote some about that topic a couple years ago.

Unfortunately Dalrock quit writing a some time back. He really had some great articles (though he didn't like addressing polygyny).

I am familiar with his work and yes he did write on the subject a few times. He has a whole list of articles on the ways Christians worship women. It's quite insidious how subtle it is. Most men engage in it, seemingly without realizing.

Although songs like this make it clear that some are conscious of it, as are their women.

Back