• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Would Love Your Input

JTM

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

If you have been looking for more resources to help you share the truth regarding polygamy with family and friends, the link below may be helpful.

It's a blog that contains the entire body of a very early draft of a book I put together a few years ago after being confronted with issues concerning missionaries on the field meeting polygamous families and insisting that they "leave their live of sin."

http://sexmarriagebible.blogspot.com/

The newly revised version (which is much better) is now available in book form at the following link:

https://www.createspace.com/3495518

JTM

Imagine finding a book that functions as a fun and useful tool to introduce folks to the Biblical foundation of polygamy, while at the same time helping them learn good Bible study habits, find freedom from religious baggage, and begin to follow Jesus.

I looked for a book like that... But couldn't find it.

So I figured God must be leading me to write it.

Several months ago I posted a manuscript online for you to review and I appreciate all of the positive feedback.

I have completely revised the book since then and it is now available at the following link:

https://www.createspace.com/3495518

Would love to hear what you think about it.

Hi everyone, I'm making JTM's book/blog link sticky for now, to give more people a chance to see it, and hopefully comment here or in the blog for him. I haven't made it all the way through, but have read enough to find that this will be a very 'approachable', easy-to-read, Biblical case for plural marriage - suitable for you to point others to who have questions. Be sure to check it out.

Nathan

I have been reading it too and LOVE It! This will be a resource that will help me approach my Southern Baptist Minister grandfather as well as the rest of my family.

Thank you for posting it!

I've just finished the first three sections. This looks to be a great resource. I know I'll be using it to discuss PM with my wife. Thanks.

JTM said:
Just updated the blog by making things a bit more concise and to the point.

Originally I had basically cut and paste from a book manuscript, however what reads great as a book in hand is not always web friendly.

Loved your format! This is what people that I've been talking to want "to the point". I loved how you brought up the point about converting people to Christianity that are already in a polygamous relationship. I sure hope that Pastors wouldn't expect them to divorce their wives. However, I was thinking about if the shoe was on the other foot and the Pastor was trying to convert a women who was married to more than one man, would she be expected to divorce her husbands?

Michelle

I printed some of it and took it to work and distributed it. Good work. Keep it up. I will be a regular visitor to your blog.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the blog/book.

I'm thinking about publishing it and making it available on Amazon... If enough folks think it would be a useful tool to share with family and friends.

What do you think?

Finished it last nite This is great stuff thru and thru. Let me know if you ever publish it. I'd love to give a copy to a few folks who tend to avoid the internet.

Dave

THank you for writing this and sharing it with all of us. My wife and I will be using this as one of many recsources for a power point we are putting together on the truth about polygamy. I really love how through out the whole thing it encourages people to find out for themselves. That is what is all about. Thanks.

It is very good. You should make it in book or booklet form and self publish it if you can not find a publisher.

:D So I just thought that I would comment that people or cows do not like it when you "kick there sacred cow" and if you kick there sacred cow in a sensitive area they like it that much less and often the people will come after you with their pitch forks, after the cow kicks you in the face with its foot that so happens to be covered in manure. :D
I am not saying do not kick the sacred cow(s), I am only saying that you should brace yourself for the rampage as the devil is going to try to do everything to keep this golden calf on the alter.
Again I would like to comment that I think that the strongest thing about this book is that it challenges people to be Bereans and look into it for themselves, which is one thing more people who call themselves Christians really need to do, look into it for themselves. Thanks again for the resource.

Back