• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Wow...

So, I heard a friend of my mother-in-law speaking the other day. This individual has got to be in her fifties, never married, and commented that she's been told "her future husband's wife just hasn't died yet."

With the revelations I have come to over the last several months, I couldn't help but think: "Wow, that's tragic."

Yup. Or perhaps he'll die before she meets him, since men have shorter life spans than women. And as women get older, the ratio of available women to men increases, and increases, and INCREASES!

In other stupid commentary, we just got a call from a friend who agrees somewhat with our views on PM. Since our public outing, he has not had one person talk to him about me, as most folks know we are quite close and he wouldn't stand for it if directly approached. However, he has overheard quite a few conversations.

Commonly heard was "What ever possessed him to want to study that?" to which I would have to say "To study the Bible or marriage? Why would nobody else want to talk about those things?"

From a few other sources "If he ever marries another woman, his first wife should divorce him!!!!" to which I have to ask why divorce which is bad would be a good solution to a non sinful act like bringing another wife into a well functioning family. I guess two wrongs do make a right!

Cow fam said:
I guess two wrongs do make a right!
No. That would be 3 lefts. :lol: :lol:

Cow fam said:
In other stupid commentary, we just got a call from a friend who agrees somewhat with our views on PM. Since our public outing, he has not had one person talk to him about me, as most folks know we are quite close and he wouldn't stand for it if directly approached. However, he has overheard quite a few conversations.

Commonly heard was "What ever possessed him to want to study that?" to which I would have to say "To study the Bible or marriage? Why would nobody else want to talk about those things?"

From a few other sources "If he ever marries another woman, his first wife should divorce him!!!!" to which I have to ask why divorce which is bad would be a good solution to a non sinful act like bringing another wife into a well functioning family. I guess two wrongs do make a right!

Two wrongs making a right? Isn't that what the Bible is all about? :p

"just believe in God's plan for your life dearie, sooner or later she will kick off!"

Back