• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement AAR

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Well It's over and I don't think it's wrong for me to say, "Thank God." It's only the second year I've done the whole fast, no food or water from sundown to sundown, but it kicked my butt again. Windblown did it for the first time and she did extremely well. The forecast here was for 90 degree heat and we don't air condition so the no liquids things can be daunting.

I learned, or at least realized, new things again this year though. Mostly what a sissy I am and how unwilling I am to sacrifice for my faith. Now we're getting ready for tabernacles which sounds like it could be fun if we do it right. I hope you all had a blessed day as well.

Well It's over and I don't think it's wrong for me to say, "Thank God." It's only the second year I've done the whole fast, no food or water from sundown to sundown, but it kicked my butt again. Windblown did it for the first time and she did extremely well. The forecast here was for 90 degree heat and we don't air condition so the no liquids things can be daunting.

I learned, or at least realized, new things again this year though. Mostly what a sissy I am and how unwilling I am to sacrifice for my faith. Now we're getting ready for tabernacles which sounds like it could be fun if we do it right. I hope you all had a blessed day as well.

May God bless you and your family in your journey to find Him. I too believe that this years fall festival is to bring great things.

It was a trying fast here in Jerusalem as well. Arizona is flat, so the hilly streets here did a number on my leg muscles. Hungry, thirsty, stiff, and sore...

I am just so grateful He granted me favor to be here. I was at the Western Wall complex when my friend and I heard the gunshots ring out followed by the sirens. There had been an attempted attack at the Damascus Gate.

May the Almighty favor you and your family for honoring His Word. Blessings from me as well.

It was a trying fast here in Jerusalem as well. Arizona is flat, so the hilly streets here did a number on my leg muscles. Hungry, thirsty, stiff, and sore...

I am just so grateful He granted me favor to be here. I was at the Western Wall complex when my friend and I heard the gunshots ring out followed by the sirens. There had been an attempted attack at the Damascus Gate.

May the Almighty favor you and your family for honoring His Word. Blessings from me as well.
Lol, you were walking around Jerusalem?! I really am a sissy. I spent all day in nothing but shorts trying not to move.

Back