• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

You need others...

julieb

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
"You need others to come to know yourself." I read this statement this morning, I have understood the concept for many years but it was somehow more apparent seeing it written down. The writer went on to say, "You cannot get to know yourself except through someone else." I believe this is why our words and actions to others are so important. We can help someone discover themselves just as someone does that for us. This is especially true in plural families. Above all we should be working on creating a safe and loving place for all in the family to grow and mature. Are you doing this for your family? your friends? Just a thought.

Very True . I can describe myself to others and post a photo but others never see us as we see ourselves . It is often brought home to me where I work , managing a retail outlet with a predominantly female staff . We do need others , not just because we are social and tribal critters but because interactions can make us sit down and think about ourselves in relation to the spiritual , personal and material elements that make our lives and contribute , positively or negatively to others lives .

Annette

Back