• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Youtube couple discuss Sexual Market Value

Excellent video!

I very much agree with this! I think back to my old friends from high school and how I was the freak for getting married and having kids. Now all of them are in their thirties and to my knowledge none of them have kids! Most of them haven't been married, there's one divorce I know of, and the Facebook pages I've seen are so focused on worldly pleasures and fake happiness.

Seriously, I wish I could have been married at sixteen and starting a family instead of wasting time going to a public high school that was trying to convince me that the only valid path for me in life was to sleep around a lot, run up massive college debts, spend twenty years paying off my debts, and then maybe in my 30's or 40's to get married and then maybe think about kids!

That to me is nothing less than bondage to the world!

Unless I missed it, I think the only thing I would add to the video is young women marrying established men. This will likely mean older men. Two 18 year olds getting married because of this video is not wise. But a woman tying herself to an established older man is wise. Marrying someone you see as a peer hampers the Father Rule dynamic as well.

Unless I missed it, I think the only thing I would add to the video is young women marrying established men. This will likely mean older men. Two 18 year olds getting married because of this video is not wise. But a woman tying herself to an established older man is wise. Marrying someone you see as a peer hampers the Father Rule dynamic as well.
Young people can make it fine. My Patents married at 18, right out of high school, and are still married. One of my daughters married a 19 year old when she was 18. They have a beautiful baby girl now and are doing well. There’s no formula for success. Struggles can be healthy.

Young people can make it fine. My Patents married at 18, right out of high school, and are still married. One of my daughters married a 19 year old when she was 18. They have a beautiful baby girl now and are doing well. There’s no formula for success. Struggles can be healthy.
It totally depends on the guy, there aren’t many nowadays that are worth a fart in a windstorm.
At 19 it’s like buying a pig in a poke sack. He hasn’t had the time to really prove himself.

I got married at 19 and it worked for 18 years, but I’m from your parents generation and, as bad as we were, we were still head and shoulders above the current crop.

It totally depends on the guy, there aren’t many nowadays that are worth a fart in a windstorm.
At 19 it’s like buying a pig in a poke sack. He hasn’t had the time to really prove himself.

I completely agree. Were I the father of a daughter. I’d be strongly encouraging her or insisting she join an established man who had one or more wives. I’m ashamed of my worthiness when I was a young man. Can’t stand the current generation, mine was bad enough, but this generation is so much more effeminate and weak. Superficial and lazy.

It's interesting to me that a lot of people here really seem to think polygamy preferable to monogamy.

I don't quite see that. Biblically speaking, both are legitimate marriage in the sight of God. I don't see either as necessarily preferable.

I agree that polygamy needs to exist in the society to reinforce male headship.

It also needs to exist to provide the option of a covering for all the women who want one.

In addition, it may better suit certain people's particular situations. Megan for example has shared how she would have been afraid of being in a monogamous marriage based on past issues.

In other situations, it can be an honorable and perfectly acceptable answer to infertility issues, or mismatched libidos.

Some men have a higher degree of sexual energy and might need multiple wives.

It can also be useful in family, community, and nation building.

Speaking for myself, I probably would have never given it much thought if my wife and I had children and a pretty good sexual relationship.

Maybe I'm naturally monogamous leaning, and am only secondarily interested in polygyny.

If I had daughters, I think I would guide them to marry as follows
1. A man who fears God, and trusts and follows Christ
2. Marry fairly young 18-22
3. To a man a little older and more established (say around 22-30 years old) that has demonstrated good qualities
4. Have a large number of children if possible
5. Be a first wife
6. Preferably to a man culturally, ethnically, racially similar

There is obviously flexibility on some of those. The quality man who fears God is critical. He might be her age or even younger. He might not have much in assets. He might be significantly older. He might be from another nationality. He might already have one or more wives.

I don't necessarily see it as "better" per se. But on average, the men who are accepting of it who have wives who are also accepting of it are leading patriarchal lives. They are far more vetted than a non-poly man. I don't see it as necessary, but considering all the soy boys and weak manboys out there. I don't like the look of the dating pool for most women. Doubly so when we're talking about a man under 25.

I don't necessarily see it as "better" per se. But on average, the men who are accepting of it who have wives who are also accepting of it are leading patriarchal lives. They are far more vetted than a non-poly man. I don't see it as necessary, but considering all the soy boys and weak manboys out there. I don't like the look of the dating pool for most women. Doubly so when we're talking about a man under 25.
Those are really excellent points NickF. I hadn't thought about it from that angle.

Being a childless man, I lack some important insights that only come from experience 🤔

Regarding the young, I know a FEW young people that are seriously on the right track. The 18 year old son of my coworkers comes to mind. He graduated a year early (from homeschool) and started an electrician apprenticeship at 17. He already knows how to rebuild car engines. He's been to tactical (communications, carbine, medical combat casualty care) courses with myself and his parents. The kid can shoot! He's very respectful towards elders, and yet also comfortable interacting with people of all sorts. He's operating heavy equipment clearing out forest land for his parents homestead in North Idaho. He's got side jobs going on. He and his buddies were trying to read the Bible in a month. He's also trying to apprentice as a welder and will probably build a cabin on his parents land.

The kid has his head screwed on right. If he keeps it up, by 22-25 he will make a great husband. Time will tell.

Those are really excellent points NickF. I hadn't thought about it from that angle.

Being a childless man, I lack some important insights that only come from experience 🤔

Regarding the young, I know a FEW young people that are seriously on the right track. The 18 year old son of my coworkers comes to mind. He graduated a year early (from homeschool) and started an electrician apprenticeship at 17. He already knows how to rebuild car engines. He's been to tactical (communications, carbine, medical combat casualty care) courses with myself and his parents. The kid can shoot! He's very respectful towards elders, and yet also comfortable interacting with people of all sorts. He's operating heavy equipment clearing out forest land for his parents homestead in North Idaho. He's got side jobs going on. He and his buddies were trying to read the Bible in a month. He's also trying to apprentice as a welder and will probably build a cabin on his parents land.

The kid has his head screwed on right. If he keeps it up, by 22-25 he will make a great husband. Time will tell.
That sounds like a solid young man!

That sounds like a solid young man!
The trouble is that there aren't that many of them out there. His parents are pretty intentional and hard core too.

I lot a lot of homeschooled that are pretty decent. I know some farm kids that are pretty decent. Homeschooled farm kids are even a bit better.

The thing is that we are going to need more than "pretty decent" with what's coming. I hope we can all keep stepping up.

Which is exactly why I say if I had a daughter of marriageable age, I'd be hanging out a LOT with men who had studied to show themselves approved (so to speak). And her momma would be talking quite a bit about each of those men's virtues and qualities.

I like them a lot, probably because they are going through recovery from feminism same as me.
I've been checking out a few of their other videos as well, and enjoying them.

We are all recovering from the evils of inversion, including the inversion of feminism.

The one single thing that you can say about his spirituality is that he is reading through his Bible once a month?

Sorry.
Completely unqualified.

Back