• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Any books on the actual experience of a polygynous marriage and family?

TNOvercomer

New Member
There are plenty of books on the Biblical basis for polygyny. That is good. We need those. I have read many of them. I believe God's Word. So comforting to know there is so much in the Bible that speaks to polygyny! However, I have not found any books that actually describe or narrate the polygynous life? A testimony, a family or a marriage, the actual experience. What it is really like? Do any books exist out there that bring this perspective?
 
There are plenty of books on the Biblical basis for polygyny. That is good. We need those. I have read many of them. I believe God's Word. So comforting to know there is so much in the Bible that speaks to polygyny! However, I have not found any books that actually describe or narrate the polygynous life? A testimony, a family or a marriage, the actual experience. What it is really like? Do any books exist out there that bring this perspective?

In poly, if it works well, there's a large family dynamic. But many of the same things happen in a poly family as a mono family...just more of them.

Like more cooking, more laundry, more colds, more hugs, more kisses...:)
 
In poly, if it works well, there's a large family dynamic. But many of the same things happen in a poly family as a mono family...just more of them.

Like more cooking, more laundry, more colds, more hugs, more kisses...:)
Thanks, Megan! I am sure! What are things that you have been thankful for, grateful for that are not the same in a mono family? Surely there are some!
 
Back
Top