• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2018 Summer Retreat & Conference News

I am sad to say that this facility does NOT have any tent or RV camping. We usually try our best to have both those options but this year was very difficult to find something affordable and private enough for us. There are several campgrounds within a 15-20 minute drive of the Retreat center, though. Hopefully those places will work for families who desire to camp/RV. Please email retreats@biblicalfamilies.org for more information or to ask a question.

Camping is probably the way I would need to go. When this becomes available please let me know. Thanks all

Camping is probably the way I would need to go. When this becomes available please let me know. Thanks all
You might see if there is a lady who can share a room.
We have done it before, but we are full up.

Thank you Steve, the lodging is full? I understand there isn't a place to camp at the retreat location. Maybe near by there is tent camping? Since I don't know the exact location of the retreat, I wonder if there is anyone who can tell me where the closest campground is?

The lodging is not full, he's just offering that as an alternative to camping. And the Benders should be getting retreat details out to the mailing list this weekend.

Thank you Steve, the lodging is full?
Sorry for that, I just meant that our family fills our rooms and we don’t have a half-room to share. o_O

HEY!! Recently, it has become possible that just maybe we can come and bring the fam!! Would be four in two rooms... Praying for a little wider crack in the door of my schedule and we may be there!

Suh. WEET!!

Hello to everyone in BF! I finally made the leap to sign up tonight. I've been reading ya'lls posts and comments for a few months. I've learned much and processed more, but I've been waiting for that moment when I felt like I just had to join in the conversation and couldn't resist sharing. That happened tonight as I read the timely presentation of FWS and the ensuing thread which followed. I'm seriously looking forward to meeting those who will be attending the event in August. I feel like I already know some of you from reading your posts. It will be nice to put names and faces with handles. I'll be attending with my son and his family, verifyveritas76 and well-loved wife.

Hello, @rejoicinghandmaid. We we''re glad you made the leap. BTW thank you for those Kent Hovind dvds you gave us in January we've been using them as part of our children's curriculum.

Hello, @rejoicinghandmaid. We we''re glad you made the leap. BTW thank you for those Kent Hovind dvds you gave us in January we've been using them as part of our children's curriculum.
Wow, that's great to hear. There's so much in each session I feel like I could listen to them several times and still not exhaust the content. I'm completely out of all the ones I burned last year and haven't burned any more sets because I'm really hoping to get his new set which has been updated. Once I get that newest set, I'll start burning them again. For now I've got a lot of "The Big Sissy" and "Tiny Shoes" on hand. Those are the 2 most popular tracts Jack Chick wrote. Two different individuals felt led to create them in dvd cartoon format. Each is approx. 10 minute so it's just 20 minutes to watch the entire DVD. It's great fun to hand a DVD as a gift to someone as ask them to watch it. I think it's only been refused one time. Sure am glad you're putting those to good use!

Hello to everyone in BF! I finally made the leap to sign up tonight. I've been reading ya'lls posts and comments for a few months. I've learned much and processed more, but I've been waiting for that moment when I felt like I just had to join in the conversation and couldn't resist sharing. That happened tonight as I read the timely presentation of FWS and the ensuing thread which followed. I'm seriously looking forward to meeting those who will be attending the event in August. I feel like I already know some of you from reading your posts. It will be nice to put names and faces with handles. I'll be attending with my son and his family, verifyveritas76 and well-loved wife.
Welcome, I hope to meet you at the retreat. In the meantime I look forward to getting to know you here.
Shalom

Well great to have you here. It’ll be great to meet the mother of the son we all find a great Son . . . Okay, almost all of us. LOL!! Like others have said, go to the introductions forum. Especially the woman only forum. We only live about 30 minutes from Bon Aqua, so we’ll be commuting. If there are those that can’t find accommodations near there and can get a place in or near Spring Hill, TN we will be able to van em up to Bon Aqua. Again, great to have you here. Enjoy the learning, but even more . . . The Love!

Last edited:
Well great to have you here. It’ll be great to meet the mother of the son we all find a great Son . . . Okay, almost all of us. LOL!! Like others have said, go to the introductions forum. Especially the woman only forum. We only live about 30 minutes from Bob Aqua, so we’ll be commuting. If there are those that can’t find accommodations near there and can get a place in or near Spring Hill, TN we will be able to van em up to Bon Aqua. Again, great to have you here. Enjoy the learning, but even more . . . The Love!
Thanks, Curtis. I truly am looking forward to the upcoming retreat. It is pretty obvious from reading the forums now for at least 3 months and watching the interaction between members that love and grace is definitely extended here--something that the body as a whole (those professing Christ as Saviour) seems to have forgotten, or at best have become very choosy as to whom it is granted. Joe and Charity both speak so highly of BF and its members. I'm cautiously optomistic.

Back